Episode 2

Byun Baekhyun... is My Husband.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"W-what? Byun...?" Jaekyung had her eyes widen. 

"Hmm. The Byun's are our former friends since college. This marriage is also from our promise to each other." Her father stated. "However, we've been lost contact after graduation and coincidentally met again in Malaysia." He smiled fondly. "That is why we decided to fulfill our promise." 

Jaekyung was panicking. "B-but..." 

"Jaekyung, please?" Now, her mother pleaded and that was her weak point.

"Uhh alright..." She answered albeit miserably. She did not want to disappoint her parents but she was also afraid of what will Baekhyun think about it. What will be his reaction? It was all unanswered in her head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun leisurely watching television in the Byun mansion. The channel showed Pororo, his favorite cartoon character. As he noticed his parents made their way down the stairs, he quickly corrected his position on the couch. 

"Baek... Thanks for picking us up from the airport just now." His mother started as they both sat on the couch beside either of their son. 

"Of course. When they said that you'll be home, my heart exploded you know. I miss you two so much." He grinned. 

His father smiled. "By the way, we have something to say."

"Hmm?" Baekhyun arched an eyebrow. His eyes look onto his father's face that showed so many emotions. He cannot figure them out though what was his father thinking. He turned to his mother who had spotted the same kind of expression.

"We have met our former close friends in Malaysia. We had made a promise long ago and we wished to fulfill them now. It is also a great benefits for our company." His mother said. 

"Okay...? So what is the promise?" Baekhyun asked, quite thrilled to know about it.

"Well, the promise-..." 

Que the song from Baekhyun's phone, indicating as someone was calling. "Wait." Baekhyun said as he received the call. "Hello?" 

'Baek, won't you come? It's the Queen's birthday party!' Suho said as soon as Baekhyun picked up his phone. 

"Hmm. Wait." Baekhyun covered the phone with his palm and turned to his parents. "My friends inviting me for a party. Can we have this conversation tomorrow after school?" He plead. However, his parents showed a kind of disappointed expression.

His mother sighed. "Yes, you can go now. Just make sure you clear up the schedule for tomorrow night. We have to go somewhere together." She said with a small smile. 

"Alright, then! I'm going! Bye!" Baekhyun walked to the front door with a wave of his hand. With that, he disappeared behind the door and soon enough, the parents hear the roaring of his blue car engine. The car moved and Baekhyun drove to where his group were. 

"Darling, do you think that Baekhyun will accept this marriage proposal?" Mrs. Byun started to feel uncanny. 

"No worries, Honey. Have you forgotten? We're being forced into marriage too, right? Look at us now. We're happy. Why they can't do the same?" Mr. Byun arched an eyebrow. 

"Hmm..." Mrs. Byun heaved a deep breath. "I know, really. Let's hope for the best. Hoping they'll be happy till the death do them apart. Just like us." She smiled to her husband. 

Mr. Byun scooted nearer to his wife and gave a peck on her forehead with a wide smile on his face. "Yes. Just like us." He nodded. "Now, let's head to sleep." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next morning, black eyebags are quite prominent under Jaekyung's eyes. Too much thoughts of Byun Baekhyun had deprived her from sleeping. Had he known about this whole arranged marriage thing? What will happen after the wedding? How will Baekhyun react on the whole situation? 

Not long, as Jaekyung kept thinking about it, someone opens her bedroom door. "Breakfast are ready. Will be serve once Young Miss is downstairs." One of the maid informs her. 

"Hmmm. In a second. Thank you." Jaekyung answers. She then climbs down the bed and walks to the attached bathroom as the maid leave her alone to be prepared for school. 

After a shower to freshen up her mind, even though it was pointless, she wears some attire that was her favorite because her parents bought it when they were outstation. However, it was still not really eye catching. 

She smiles heartily as she combs down her long straight hair and hid half of her face. She sighs afterwards. What face should she shows to Baekhyun? Does he even knows it yet? Even so, what will she need to do when they meet? What, how, and more questionable sentences running around her mind. 

She steps downstairs and greet her parents at the dining table. 

"Hmmm, you're up early." Jaekyung smiles to her mom. The maid serves her the pancake for the breakfast of the day onto her plate. "We will meet with The Byuns tonight. Don't forget, okay?" 

"Yeah, alright, mom. Moreover, I don't have friends to hang out together. Rest assured, my schedule is free for tonight." She chuckles while her father sighs. 

"I have told you to make some friends. Then, you will not be alone. Don't be a wallflower. Ignoring those in surrounding. Why don't you just forget your bitter memories?" 

"Dad... it is not that easy." Jaekyung takes a bite. 

"That was long ago. Don't be reminded about it too much. I don't want you to be alone. Moreover after that incident with Kevin."

"Dad, please. I don't really want to hear that name again. Just don't worry too much. I will open up for people to come in, okay?"

Her dad sighs more. "Okay, but you have promised." 

They started some conversation evolving around the company and about her classes that had not so much to talk about. 

After breakfast, she tells her driver to drop her off at the playground near the school as she still has some more times before the first class. She wanted to just clear her mind before meeting Baekhyun, if unfortunate, a raging angry Baekhyun. 

She makes her way to a swing and just stares at nothing. Without knowing, she closes her eyes. Lack of sleep takes her into a dreamland. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

7.30 a.m, Mrs. Jeong enters the class and starts calling out the attendances after some morning greetings. 

"I've heard 12 students from the Special A class will study in this class, right?"

"..." the silence greets her. None of the students dare to open up their mouth to talk. Suho stands up and answers her and making almost all of them sighs in relief. 

"Yes, we are here." 

"Oh. I don't think SA class taught the deaf and mute students. Only one of them is functional in that class?" 

EXO had not understand the school good enough. Suho, being the headmaster's son, he knows that Mrs. Jeong is one of the strict teacher in the school. Almost every one of the students feared of making mistakes in front of her. Just because they knew, a step of delinquents, a step of hell. 

Suho, sensing that Mrs. Jeong is close  to be pissed off, he slams his palm on the table, making the other EXO members to flinch. Even if they could be stubborn out there, they can't be if they are in front of Mrs. Jeong. 

All the EXO members then stand up as they make some eye contact with their leader. "We are here." They answered simultaneously. 

Mrs. Jeong tilts her head to the side. "Oh? There you are." She smiles with pursed lips. Everyone knows that signature smile. The repressed anger kind of smile. "You can sit." With that, she continues with attendances check. 

They all sit back down and watch as Suho moves his lips. 'I'll explain'. After a while, Jaekyung's name is called and no one answers. Kris looks to his side and her place is still empty. He thought, it was his fault. But then, he just realizes something. That the girl's name beside him is-...

"Seo Jaekyung?" Mrs. Jeong looks around. Just because she knew that Jaekyung will not answer and will just raise her hand. However, no hand risen at the moment. She looks over to her place and realizes that place is empty.

The more reason for Kris to approach his seat mates. 

"Seo Jae-..."

"Y-yes!!" A girl is seen catching her breath by the door. Her face is quite red for a reason of running from the park to the class in record time. In the meantime, the students in the class are surprised. One for the sudden appearance at the door, two for having her talk that loud. The wallflower that was always alone and maybe mute, had risen her voice to answer Mrs. Jeong. 

Moreover, if students are this late, after 7.20 in the morning, the guard will chase them away, depriving them from entering the school area. However, the time had shown over 7.40 and here she is, Seo Jaekyung, panting to catch her breath. 

But how?

Rewind three minutes ago, after she had been running for about 6 minutes from the park, she just showed her student ID card to the guard even before they could chase her. They easily let her in without hesitation. Jaekyung knows what she was doing is illegal but she was desperate. 

All of the school workers and teachers know who she is. The daughter of Seo Jisung, the most powerful businessman in South Korea. Her ID card shows her clear face without hiding them behind her long hairs. Just because she always appear on television, alongside her parents, she just did not want any attention solely on her. Even though her popularity was not because of her parents only, she was glamour with her intelligence, cool and beautiful appearance. 

'U-uh... yes. Take your seat, please." Mrs. Jeong does not even dare asking about her lateness. She knows how powerful Jaekyung is even the girl is not fond of her own power. 

The others are still stunned at the bursting from Jaekyung just now. What they thought was 'Seo Jaekyung, Seo Jisung daughter' and 'Seo Jaekyung, the scholarship student' are different person. Never did they thought that they are wrong. 

'Mrs. Jeong is letting it go just like that? She is that special, huh?' Suho thought alone as he watches how Mrs. Jeong let Jaekyung sit without any interrogation about her lateness. The strict Mrs. Jeong did just that. 'Who is she, really?' His and Kris' eyes follow Jaekyung's steps to her seat. As soon as she sits down on her place, Mrs. Jeong starts the lesson. 

Suho and Kris' eyes never leave her and just follow all of her gesture. She could sense it and groans lowly in . 'What is their problems?'

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lunch time rolls in and Jaekyung packs her bag faster than ever. She just did not want to face an angry Byun Baekhyun. Why? The arranged marriage. Ring a bell? She sighs a bit and luckily without letting EXO knowing because thy are still in the class. Jaekyung takes her steps faster and straight to the cafeteria. 

"Kris, why did you watch that Jaekyung girl?" Suho asks as he walks over to Kris while other EXO members are talking to each other, waiting for Suho and Kris that seems to be in important talk. 

"Huh? Who?" Kris is surprised at the sudden question. 

"The girl, Seo Jaekyung. I thought I have heard it somewhere. She is kind of weird." 

"I know right." Kris shrugs making Suho arches an eyebrow.

"One Seo Jaekyung is the daughter of President Seo Jisung. Maybe they have the same name? That girl, I mean." 

"I think so. Maybe they are just a different person with the same name." 

"But, Kris, I think they are the same person." 

"If so, what are you going to do about it?" 

"I know something."

"What do you know?" A sudden voice startle both Kris and Suho. 

"Oh my God!! Baekhyun! You surprised me!" Suho takes a deep breath. 

Kris rolls his eyes before looking at the nonchalant Baekhyun. "About Seo Jaekyung." 

"What about her? The late girl just now, right?"

Suho nods. "And the popular Seo Jaekyung." 

"Hmm?" Baekhyun arches his brows. 

Again, rolling his eyes, Kris mocks. "Maybe if you pay attention to your father's business, you will know her eventually." 

"What is the link with my father's business though?" 

Lips pressed together, both Kris and Suho look at each other and facepalming at the same time. 

How did they get along with those 9 years old kids called EXO. Maybe by nature. Whatever the reason is, it will always be a mystery. 

"Forget it. Let's go to the cafeteria, guys." Suho calls and all of them scattered around to gather their things. 

As they reach the said place, Kris and Suho immediately look over for a certain girl. They see her in one corner of the cafeteria. 

"Guys, wait a bit." Suho says as he approaches Jaekyung, the wallflower. She is eating her lunch in silence. EXO could just watch what will their leader do to the loner.

Jaekyung, who is still unaware of a newcomer near her, because of her hairs limiting her view, just enjoying whatever she had for her lunch. Suho reaches for her bag on her side chair, intentionally, he d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter