Kill It

45 Caliber V

She hailed a taxi as she heads to the hospital. She put her elbows in the window and leaned her head to on her palm as she thinks about what just had happened.

“She cheated on me”

That phrase kept on ringing on her. Was she wrong for thinking that Roa played with her heart? She remembered it clearly, Bona was on the phone crying, she heard from her sister that she and Roa, whom she was dating that time, broke up. Bona did not explain everything but knowing what kind of woman Roa was, she thought that she was the one who asked for a break up.

Did she judge her wrong? Seola was with Bona that night. Roa could be saying the truth but all the things she had gathered led her into concluding that it was Roa’s doing for Bona to be that broken, step on the gas and hit the wall to end her life.

But why was Seola there inside the car with Bona? She pressed her fingers on her temple as she started to feel a stinging pain on her head. She hoped that all the things she gathered that led her into wanting to kill Roa were correct because if not then she owe the tall girl an apology.

She reached the room where Bona was confined and she hesitated a bit, tightening her grip on the door knob that separates her and the root of why she was seeking vengeance against Roa. She sighed and opened the door, she saw the doctor and the nurse who were taking care of Bona.

The doctor updated her about what Bona’s condition but her mind was drifted into something else. She tried her best to listen and take note of what will happen next.

She glanced at Bona and the girl was sleeping. She was told that the first person she looked for was her when she opened her eyes. Bona was comatose for 2 months now and never she did she see Roa visits her.

She sat on the chair beside the bed were Bona is. She held her hand and studied her face. The bandage that was wrapped on her head hid her sister’s beauty. The wounds on her face made her feel that the wounds in Bona’s heart were deeper than that.

“Bona-yah, can you hear me?”

Silence. There was no response.

“It’s me. I went to see Roa today like I promise”

She stopped then swallowed the invisible lump on . Tear started to fell as she does not know what she would say next. She sniffed a bit, summoning her courage to confront her sister.

“Like you always tell me, she’s so gorgeous and really a femme fatale one. Remember how you always blush by just thinking about her? I know understand it all. She was indeed a beauty, an interesting and dangerous one to be honest.”

She thought of another thing to say but no words were coming up. She wanted to know the truth but she didn’t know if she could get the response she needed.

“I confronted her today and was about to get the revenge I promise you but she said something funny to me. She said that you cheated on her, can you believe that?”

Right then Nayoung suddenly felt Bona’s hand gripping on her. She then looked at her face and a tear suddenly fell on Bona’s eyes though it was close. Bona was hearing her. She woke up but went back to this state.

“Did you open your eyes for me not to kill her? Is that your way of saying that she did not do anything bad to you?”

Paused.

“Did you and Seola make me believe that she was the villain here? Why? Can you please wake up and tell me the truth?”

Nayoung was talking to nothingness. All she got was a crying Bona, she then let go of her hand and wiped her tears. She stood up and looked at her sister once more.  She didn’t know what to do any more. The whirlwind of emotions was drowning her. She couldn’t take it, she was the only one clueless and it is a story that she was the only who does not know how it flowed.

-0-

Weeks had passed and Nayoung with her usual routine like nothing had happened. Bona and Seola finally had woken up and trying to regain their strength, Nayoung was still there for her sister. She was looking after her but she never asked her sister about the real score between her and Roa. She decided not to until she could squeeze the truth out from them.

It was one afternoon when she asked Seola to meet her on the rooftop of the hospital. The girl was struggling still to walk but nevertheless followed Nayoung’s order.

Nayoung was facing the scenery when Seola found her. The wind that blew her hair made the scene heavy. Seola finally stood beside her.

“You wanted to see me?” Seola asked.

“Yes unnie” Nayoung replied.

“Is there is something wrong Nayoung-ie?”

“Everything is wrong”

“What do you mean?”

“That night, were you really there to stop Bona from killing herself or you were there to go away with  her?”

Seola choked on what Nayoung just said. She did not know that the girl would come with that conclusion. She panicked and thought of something but her brain was failing her.

“I….was….”

“What unnie?”

“I…Bona…we”

Nayoung looked at her finally and Seola was about to faint. Anger flamed Nayoung’s eyes and Seola did not know since when she was holding that grudge in her heart. She was about to speak but she was stop by Nayoung.

“That’s alright, you don’t need to answer me right now, and truth will reveal itself”

She then left Seola who was shivering from fear. This was the first she saw Nayoung like that, she was somewhat worried with the things that the girl can do.

-0-

Exactly two months since Nayoung’s encounter with Roa and the tall girl still was clueless about what had happened to her and Bona. She would want to see Nayoung again, it pains her that the girl she thought would save her from everything try to kill her.

She received a letter from Nayoung and was inviting her for a dinner. She contemplated a bit but a flush of excitement went through her. She eventually gave in and rush to where the place was.

She arrived at the place and was wondering why the place looks a bit shabby. She did not ponder more as she thought that maybe it was Nayoung’s preference. She entered the room and saw Nayoung standing at the other side of the room. She was wearing all-black clothes that reminded her of the first time she saw her. She couldn’t help but admire Nayoung’s back.

“Nayoung?” she called.

Nayoung turned around and a smile greeted her. She walked towards her but decided to maintain a distance. She loves her but she could not help but be cautious of the girl in front of her.

“What is it that you want to talk about?”

“Let’s just wait for my other guest and I will tell you”

“Oh you got company”

Nayoung just smiled at her. They then heard the door opened and both of them looked at that direction, the door revealed Bona and Seola who were in complete shock when they saw Roa inside.

“Oh, you guys are here, come” Nayoung invited the two.

Seola stepped back but Nayoung warned her not to take a step back. She asked them to come nearer in which they hesitated a bit but obliged. They could sense anger enveloping Nayoung again.

“So, now that we are all here, I want to know the truth” Nayoung demanded while she sat on the only chair in the room.

“Nayoung, don’t do this” Bona said.

“Do what? I was in the verge of killing someone for you but it seems like I did not know the whole story” she replied.

“Nayoung, you don’t have to go to this extent” Seola said.

“What extent are you talking about Seola-unnie. I basically planned to kill this woman in trying to ruin both of you but seems like there is a hole in the story that you two were hiding”

“I did not ask you to seek revenge” Bona said.

Nayoung laughed stood up and looked at Bona angrily.

“You are the only one I have, my sister, I almost lose you making me crazy as I don’t want another relative gone” Nayoung explained.

“Nayoung, I did not know that you will do this” Bona replied.

“That night when you called, you clearly told me that Roa broke up with you. Saying something about cheating and you wanted to kill yourself cause of her and the next thing I know you were in the hospital almost lifeless. It was just a usual response for me to seek revenge”

“Okay, I’m getting confuse” Roa butted in.

“Well, I am too and I wanted to know the truth right now” Nayoung was screaming already.

“I told you we broke up and yes, I really wanted to kill myself”

“Out of guilt? Cause you are the one who cheated actually?” Nayoung was questioning her sister.

“You are getting absurd”  

Nayoung not getting anything pulled her 45 caliber gun and point it to Roa’s head. The 3 of them panicked as Nayoung rarely jokes around.

“Absurd you say? Now tell me the truth or I will put a bullet on her head like I originally planned”

“Nayoung…please” Bona pleaded.

Nayoung raise her gun and fire it. Seola screamed as the load bang echoed the room, Bona started to feel weak again as Nayoung point the gun to Roa’s head. Her sister was serious.

“The truth or I will kill her!”

“Okay…It was me who cheated on her. I played with her heart. I wanted to kill myself because of the guilt. Seola unnie was there to stop me but…”

“But? Continue!” Nayoung was losing her patience.

“She was able to stop me completely and we planned to move away from everybody but we met an accident”

“So you basically lied to me?”

“I did”

Bona said crying. She was on her knees begging Nayoung not to pull the trigger that was pointed in her ex-lover. She looked at her and tears were falling. She looked at Nayoung and she was also crying. She did not know that her sister would go that extent and she wanted to blame herself from doing so.

“Bona why? I basically plotted murder to this innocent woman. Why?”

“I’m sorry”

“And you!” she pointed at Roa.

“Why did you not try to see her?” she questioned Roa.

“I was caught in a moment that I see the girl I love, the one I wanted to marry is cheating on me. I don’t want to see her nor come near her”

“I was a fool in believing that you ruined her and after our encounter you did not reach out?”

“I don’t want to make things complicated”

“You guys are all funny, you guys are all absurd! You guys are all liars!” Nayoung was extremely mad. She went on her knees and cried. All of them were crying but among anyone else, it was Nayoung who was broken.

It was out of love which was why she resorted to this. She was blinded by the truth and almost killed an innocent woman. It maybe shallow for some but Bona was her only family. She was always there for her and when she heard that she wanted to kill herself because of her lover, she promise revenge.

Her world came crashing and felt like the world had thrown a huge joke on her. She stood up and left the room. Roa tried to follow her but Bona stopped her.

Few more days had passed and Nayoung’s heart was still cold. She cuts all her connection with Bona and Seola. She needed to reflect, she hoped that time would heal her wound. She could not believe that she almost tried to kill someone innocent.

She was about to leave the country but she had one more task to do and that was to apologize to the person whom she plotted murder.

“You are leaving?” Roa asked.

“Yes”

“Nayoung, I’m not angry really”

“You are making me guiltier”

“I love you”

“I almost killed you”

“I know but we could work this out”

“Maybe we could if I haven’t met you in this kind of situation”

“I can’t really stop you”

“You can’t. Maybe when the stars and the planet aligned themselves for us”

Roa just nodded. Nayoung hugged her one last time. She was about to go when Roa grabbed her wrist and pressed her lips against her. Nayoung did not protest and let Roa feast on her lips. She could feel the same heat that Roa was giving her when they first met.  Roa was indeed in love with her.

She let go and smiled at Roa. She then turned around and started to walk. Roa just watch her go and vanished from her sight.

----------0----------

A/N: Due to insistent popular demand, here I present you amother chapter! But don't celebrate much cause this is really the last chapter and I won't continue this. Waah, more than 2k words. 

This is the first time that I actually resorted with such ending. Still not angsty more of a star-crossed lovers. Hope you guys like it, give it an upvote if you do. 

Do comment your rection please.