The Morning After

You don't even remember me.............

(Really short update, longer author's note at the end is probably longer than this chapter *hides in the corner*

 

The next morning Andy was awakened by the sound of running water and the intoxicating scent of coffee. Expecting to wake up in a sticky puddle he moved gingerly but was surprised to find that the bed beneath him was clean and he had been dressed in a pair of boxer shorts. Just as he swung his legs out of bed, the bathroom door swung open. A gust of steam exited, followed by Hyesung. The taller man had a white towel slung around his neck and had on sweats and a tank top that revealed his slim, but muscular, arms.

 

“Its about time, sleepy head”, Hyesung chuckled huskily as he walked over to the bed and reached out to ruffle Andy’s hair. The younger tilted his head back, out of range and slipped out of bed and scurried past Hyesung without a word.

 

Andy reached the bathroom and shut the door. He exhaled deeply and leaned his forehead against the door briefly before he turned and went to relieve himself. As he washed his hands after, he saw that a travel size tube of toothpaste and a still in the package toothbrush sat on the counter. He picked them up and brushed quickly before he went to open the bathroom door and peeked out. Hyesung was no where to be seen and he could hear singing from the general direction of the kitchen. He left the bathroom and saw that a folded t-shirt had been left on the bed. He grabbed it and pulled it over his head before he headed off to find the source of the singing.

 

In the kitchen Andy found Hyesung in front of the stove. A cup of coffee waited for him at the table and he lurched towards it and grabbed it. The first sip of the slightly bitter liquid made the dull ache behind his eyes recede a bit and he took one more before he added cream and sugar to it and sat down, a heavy sigh that was barely heard under Hyesung’s singing.

“Bacon and eggs alright for you?”, Hyesung sang out, not missing a beat in the song he had been singing.

“As long as the eggs aren’t the ty runny kind, I’ll take it”, Andy said as his stomach rolled at the thought of runny egg yolks and he took a sip of coffee.

“So no sunny side up then”, Hyesung said with a smirk as he used the spatula in his hand to stir up the eggs in the pan and added a bit of salt and pepper to them. “Make yourself useful and start some toast, Andy.”

Andy rolled his eyes but stood and went over to the counter, finding a loaf of bread next to the toaster. He pulled four slices out and slipped them into the slots on the gleaming silver toaster and lowered them using the lever on the side.

 

Hyesung continued to sing as Andy glared at the toaster, sighing in annoyance.

“How are you feeling this morning? I wouldn’t be shocked if you had a hangover, you were putting it away pretty heavy last night.”

“Not as good as you are, apparently”, Andy shot back as the toast popped up and he snagged it, burning the tips of his fingers slightly. He put the toast on two plates that waited and carried them to the table. A timer went off and Hyesung opened the oven door and pulled out a tray of perfectly crispy, bacon.

“I’ve been up for about an hour already. Had a nice little walk, the fresh air will do wonders for a hangover”, Hyesung said as he slid the bacon onto a plate and grabbed the pan of scrambled eggs and brought both to the table. Pulling out the chair across from Andy, Hyesung sat down and started to fill his plate. Andy followed suit and soon they were eating in silence.

Andy cleared his throat nervously before he spoke,”So does all this mean we are good now? That we can treat each other normally at work?” He finished his coffee and leaned across the table to refill the cup.

“I think so. I’ll just have to figure how to get over this little crush of mine”, Hyesung said with a sad little smile.

 

 

(Its been a really long time since I updated this and I am sorry for that. As I've said before (at least I think I did, i can't really remember) my dad was diagnosed with stage four stomach and lung caner in July of last year. Every time I sat down to write since then, I lose focus and have to stop. Sure, I've posted a few little one shots here and there but they all took a long time to even get them written. On December 13th, my dad was admitted into the hospital and we found out he had pneumonia. he spent a week there, a couple days of that in ICU. On December 17th, I recieved a call from the Pallative care nurse and was informed that we needed to start looking into a nursing facility and hospice care for him because he didn't have long, somewhere between a week to a month. My life stood still that day. It became a frantic rush to check into the different nursing homes in my town and after finding out that my dad wanted to be in one that was closest to me, I finally picked one and then we had to choose a hospice agency. He was transfered from the hospital to the nursing facility on December 20th. We have been trying our hardest to keep him happy and comfortable but we all know what the ultimate outcome is going to be. As that one month deadline looms closer and closer, I find that I am anxious almost 24 hours a day, not knowing when I'll get that phone call in the middle of the night, or while I'm at work, or even just while eating dinner. I don't know and that scares the holy out of me.

So right now, writing and coming up with plots just isn't as important (but I will continue the co-wauthored story I'm working on with my best friend and best moral supporter. somehow, when I can actually sit down to write with her, I feel less anxious) to me right now as it was prior to July. Thankfully I had started this chapter before everything crashed down and I know it isn't very long and mostly filler but I hope that you can understand my reasons. I don't know why I felt like I had to tell you all this but somehow saying it, makes it feel a little less like a hundred pound weight strung around my neck.