Fate Stepped In

You don't even remember me.............

The next week at work was an embarrassing time for Hyesung, but not in the same way that it had been before. From the moment that he and Andy walked into the office together on Monday, their co-workers smirked and whispered to each other behind their hands. His face was bright red by the time their reached their desks in their teams area and he flung himself into his seat and dropped his head to the desk.

“How could you?”, he hissed at Andy, who had gotten settled and started checking his emails. Just above the neckline of Hyesung’s shirt (despite it being one of his more modest shirts) a little hickey stood out on his pale skin.

“You weren’t complaining last night”, Andy said with a wink at the taller man.

“That’s neither here nor there. I can’t believe you left a hickey where everyone can see it”, Hyesung moaned as he got a small mirror out of a desk drawer and used it to check out the offending spot.

“You could have worn a scarf like I suggested. Besides, I like it”, Andy said as he got up and went to stand behind Hyesung and admired their reflections in the small mirror. With a grin he kissed the spot and went back to his seat. Hyesung sputtered and tried to swat at him, but he had a small smile on his lips.

 

“Well good morning you two”, a deep, cheerful voice startled their out of their private moment and they looked up to see Eric standing there, their boss at his side. The shorter man saw how red Hyesung’s cheeks were and smiled broadly, his eyes crinkled shut almost all the way.

 

“How was your weekend, guys? Did you enjoy the sauna?”, Minwoo said and chuckled as the tips of the other men’s ears went pink. He had seen how drunk they had been when they’d left the company gathering, as well as the way they had looked at each other over the past six months. Apparently they had been the only ones that hadn’t noticed it at the time. Based on the lack of space between them when he’d walked over with Eric and the spot on Hyesung’s neck, they had finally figured things out for themselves.

 

“Hot….. it was hot”, Hyesung stuttered before he stood up and hurried away, muttering something about getting some coffee. Andy was left with Minwoo and Eric and he went over to them.

“I took your advice. Well mostly”, Andy said, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. “I finally told him that I have feelings for him…… and luckily his hadn’t changed.”

“I knew that before you told me”, Minwoo said, ruffling the hair on top of andy’s head. “That hickey says it all.”

"Could have been from a one night stand for all you know." Andy said and stuck his tongue out at his superior.

"One might have assumed that, but we saw you kiss him before you went back to your desk", Eric said with a smirk.

 

"You…. What do you work here now? You're here almost as much as Minwoo", Andy said as he playfully swatted Eric on the arm.

"Had to make sure my baby made it to work safe. Someone could have kidnapped him and stuck him in their pocket. Then I'd never see him again", Eric pouted jokingly.

 

"Yah! Enough short jokes. Go home and get to work." Minwoo said and pulled on Eric's ear, bringing his face down for a quick kiss before he turned and headed for his office.

Eric watched him walk away, a lovestruck expression on his face. Andy chuckled and went to sit back down.

 

Eric left and Hyesung appeared shortly after, a cup of coffee in each hand. He set one on Andy's desk, making sure to brush against the other gently.

Work started and soon the two were totally engrossed until lunch time, at which time they left their desks together and left the office to enjoy their lunch break together.

 

Six months later

 

In the same restaurant where Andy and Hyesung’s reunion party had been held there was another large gathering. At the head of a long table that ran the length of the room, dressed in matching tuxes, sat Minwoo and Eric.

 

“It’s time for the happy couple to make a toast!”, the man named Dongwan shouted from where he stood on a chair, recording the whole thing on a fancy camcorder. The party quieted as everyone stopped talking and gave attention to Minwoo and Eric.

 

Minwoo stood, a glass of beer in hand and placed his other on Eric’s shoulder. A slim gold ring caught the light and gleamed. On Eric’s ring finger was a matching ring.

“Tonight we are gathered with our friends and family and the friends of our friends, to celebrate. To celebrate a moment that has taken a few years to come. I met Eric back when we were in college together. He was the TA for my history class and over tutoring sessions we managed to fall in love. Graduation separated us but fate clearly had other plans for us. We met again at a class reunion and one thing led to another. And now were we are, a married couple.” He smiled at Eric and his eyes went misty as Eric took his hand and pressed a soft kiss to his knuckles.

 

“Fate is a funny mistress. Don’t ever take it for granted when someone finds their way into your life.” Minwoo said, his voice carrying across the restaurant, even though his words were meant for a couple seated along the right side of the table.

The taller of the two blushed slightly and reached up to cover his cheek with one hand. It bore a silver ring, set with a small diamond that sparkled brightly. The man beside him nodded and raised his glass high.

“To fate”, he said and everyone echoed him joyously and they drank, toasting the married couple.

 

“So there isn’t a bouquet to throw but how about we throw my boutonniere?”, Minwoo said, still standing.

“Just sit down, babe. I’m sure that everyone is ready to eat”, Eric said as he gently pulled Minwoo down beside him.

“But…..but….”, Minwoo pouted.

“Listen to your husband, Minwoo”,Andy said laughing at the look on his boss’s face.

 

Turning his attention back to Hyesung, Andy leaned in to whisper into his ear.

“So, have you picked a date yet?”

 

 

well, that's all there is and there ain't no more (except for an epilogue that hasn't even been written yet lol). I started this on a whim but really ended up enjoying the writing process, even though it took me a lot longer than planned. Thanks for sticking with me :)