The Not So Secret Garden

Of Swords and Scripts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amicitia - Friend

Ten years. 120 months. 3,650 days. 5,256,000 minutes.

It was that amount of time that the Crown Prince, Park Chanyeol, had stepped off the lands of Ignis and out into the vast world. It was that amount of time where he learned all there was to know about the bordering kingdoms, about the enemy kingdoms, and about the allying kingdoms. And it was that amount of time where everything had changed.

Park Chanyeol being the one who changed the most.

The handsome, now twenty-year old prince, had set foot back into his homeland, breathing in the crisp air that was Ignis, and being greeted and welcomed back into the loving arms of his people. The carriage, adored by a team of four black horses, rolled through the gates of the castle, and stopping right in front of the awaiting King and Queen, both eager to welcome home their beloved son.

The coachmen stepped down from his seat and strode over to the door of the carriage, opening it up to reveal the Crown Prince of Ignis.

Chanyeol smiled brightly at his parents, and his parents gaped of what had become their son.

Standing proudly was a young prince who had grown well. His ebony hair swept up and out of his face in an attractive quiff. His almond shaped eyes held irises the colour of melted chocolate, a sharp jawline, and large ears that gave the man a charming appearance. He towered over his parents, a nice 6'1", with broad shoulders, and a lean appearance. All in all, Park Chanyeol had transformed a man that would make countless people drool.

"My son," the old King spoke, his eyes wrinkling at the corners with how much he was smiling, "I've missed you."

Chanyeol rushed to his parents and hugged them both tight. The Queen gently wept, murmuring "my baby boy is back."

火火火

The Royal Family all headed to the dining room where the servants happily greeted the prince ad served his favourite dishes. Chanyeol animatedly retold tales from his travels to his parents, and in return, the King and Queen both told Chanyeol of things that had changed in the castle and town.

Suddenly, the doors to the room slammed open, and a boy rushed and jumped on Chanyeol, effectively knocking him off his chair and causing them both to land on the floor.

"HYUUUUUNG!"

Enter, Prince Jongin.

The younger prince had his older brother in a death grip, refusing to let go and he snuggled up to his older brother. Chanyeol laughed out loud and he reciprocated his brother's enthusiasm.

"Hey, squirt," Chanyeol said.

"Hyung, you're finally back! You've been gone for so long!" Jongin said, finally removing himself from Chanyeol and standing up, offering is arm to his older brother.

The princes took their seats at the table. The Queen cleared .

"Jongin, dear, aren't you supposed to be in a lesson with Baekho?"

Chanyeol whipped his head up. He had forgotten about the Librarian. If he were to be honest, he missed him.

Jongin was about to reply when the doors opened again and revealed the old Byun. Baekho walked in, bowing at the King and Queen before raising himself to glare at Jongin.

"Normally, I would be lenient and let you leave early, but that poor excuse of a distraction changed my mind," Baekho chided. Jongin blush and looked at his lap, "And as for you," Baekho said, turning his gaze to Chanyeol, "How dare you not say hello to me when you got back."

Chanyeol chuckled before standing from his seat and striding over to the old Librarian. He engulfed the shorter man in a tight hug and whispered, "It's good to see you again."

The Librarian patted the Crown Prince's back before stepping back, commenting on how much more mature and handsome Chanyeol had become, "Anyway, I will be in the library, where I usually am. Stop by sometime so I can give you some new material to read and critique. Oh, and if you see Baekhyun, tell that boy to get back to the library and finish his chores. My King, My Queen, I take my leave now."

Baekho bowed at the King and Queen before exiting, an embarrassed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter