Burning Words

Of Swords and Scripts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ignis - Fire

The Kingdom of Ignis was a bustling, little town. Despite its small borders, the town was widely known for their pastries and blacksmiths, and even more so for the kind townspeople and generous King and Queen. The duo looked after their people as if they were their own children, and for that, the people of Ignis appreciated.

So when they heard that their beloved queen was soon due for a children, the people celebrated.

火火火

"My queen, how are you today?" asked the King, carrying a tray of tea with him.

The Queen, who was lying in bed, reading a book to her unborn children, smiled up at her husband, "Our children is quiet lively today. Why, he's kicking so much, you'd think he'd be ready to come out now!"

The King smiled warmly, "Your due date is quite soon, my love. Any day now, and our children will be ready to join us."

The King placed a gentle kiss on the Queen's forehead.

火火火

 

On November 27, the Queen gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

"His name? Chanyeol. Our little phoenix."

The kingdom rejoiced.

火火火

Chanyeol was a lively boy, just as he had been in his mother's womb. When he turned just a year old, Chanyeol was already walking, his mother smiling brightly at her husband as she watched her young son toddled towards his father. Is was no difficult task to see just how much the Royals adored and loved their son.

On January 14, when Chanyeol was two years old, his mother gave birth to another baby boy, Jongin.

火火火

At age five, the King and Queen declared it was time to start teaching their son to be the Crown Prince the country needed. They did not treat Chanyeol with any less love than they had, and resorted to encouragement, rather than forcefulness to have their son stay focused in his lessons. Jongin, who was three years old, ogled at his older brother, admiring the way Chanyeol studied and worked hard, wanting to please his parents and his future people.

"Hyung, you work so hard!" little Jongin exclaimed.

Chanyeol smiled, "Of course, mom and dad said I am to rule the country when they can't, so I need to work hard and make them proud!"

Jongin smiled, "I want to work as hard as hyung."

"And you shall, my son," the King said, striding in with a person that Chanyeol had seen a few times, but never actually met. "When you are older, you will learn as much a Chanyeol is."

Jongin skipped around, singing about how "he's going to be the best prince ever" when the King turned to Chanyeol.

"My boy, please meet the castle's new Royal Librarian. From today, he will teach you all about the history of the kingdoms, as well as anything you are interested in. Byun Baekho, my son, Park Chanyeol."

The librarian smiled, "Hello, my prince. It is nice to finally meet you."

"Hello," Chanyeol replied, smiling back.

火火火

"Ignis may be small, but smaller does not always mean weaker. We are strong because our people are loyal, because we are respected by not just the people, but other kingdoms as well. Ignis has many allies that have proved their loyalty, and that, my boy, is how we have survived and thrived since the beginning."

Chanyeol nodded as he eagerly listened to the Librarian, soaking up each and every word from his hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter