When I First Saw You

Glacier Eyes

"Megan? Are you in there?" My cousin was waving her hand in front of my face. I had spaced out in line, I guess. 

I'd never been to a concert, let alone a concert for some of my favorite k-pop groups. I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact I was seeing EXO and Wanna One. I also couldn't stop obsessing over trying to figure out who the "mystery act" was going to be. No one had announced the final group performing and the concert promoters were doing an amazing job of keeping the secret until the very end. 

"You know, I bet somehow one of the members is going to spot you from the crowd and fall in love with you like in old romantic comedies," My cousin liked to joke around with me. I couldn't even fathom someone like any of the members of EXO, Wanna One, or the mystery group ever seeing me and falling in love. 

Honestly just being in line for the show was making my heart race. I'd been waiting so long and worked so hard to be here I couldn't believe it was actually happening. 

"Megan, c'mon they're letting us in now!" My cousin, Angel, grabbed my wrist and pulled me forward into the venue. We filed into our seats without much trouble, but Angel was much more experienced with concerts than I was. 

I didn't know that the inside of the venue would seem to intimidating and I also didn't realize it was going to be outside. I usually kept my long blonde hair pulled up into a pony tail that fell over on of my shoulders but had ditched that for the special occasion today. I was immensely regretting that in the scorching heat of the completely packed, outside venue. 

"Hey, Angel, did you see the bathroom on the way in?" I nudged her shoulder getting her attention. 

"I think I saw them over there?" She seemed unsure but pointed down towards the front rows. I figured she knew better than I did and listened to her without doubt. 

"I'll be right back," I patted her shoulder and got up. Shimming out of our row was difficult but doable and I managed to get down to the front rows. No one seemed to notice me, everyone was so engrossed in taking pictures of talking. Everyone having conversations at the same time was so loud it roared in my ear. 

I turned around on my heels a few times trying to find a sign that would lead me in the direction of the ladies room but there was nothing like that. All I saw was an archway with a small metal gate separating whatever was behind it from the roaring venue. 

"That's probably it, right?" I said, half to myself and half hoping someone would verify that I was right. I shrugged and made my way to the gate. It wasn't locked, just a handle that turned easily and I slide through the gate with just a slight push. 

My steps were like walking on glass, I was so out of my realm of comfort and I began to debate if putting my hair up was really worth all of this. 

"Should I just go back to my seat?" I looked at the time on my phone screen: 3:09pm. The show didn't start until 5, I had plenty of time even if I did end up getting completely lost, which I was afraid I already was. 

All of the sudden I heard a loud buzzing noise behind me and sprinted forward. It sounded like a wasp was right beside my ear and I wasn't in any sort of mood to deal with that, ever. 

I got maybe a few feet forward before i felt the ground leave from underneath my feet. I could feel damp grass on the palms of my hands and on my elbows. My head was pounding. 

"Oh my!" I heard a familiar voice shout from somewhere near me. 

"Are you alright?" Again, the familiar voice exclaimed, except this time he seemed closer. 

I slowly propped myself up on my elbows so I could look around and see where the voice was coming from. He was standing at my feet and it made my heart sink. 

RoWoon. SF9 RoWoon. Kim Seok-Woo. He was standing at my feet and waving his hand in front of me. 

"You're-" I couldn't even formulate a complete sentence. 

"I think she hit her head!" He shouted behind him then directed his attention back towards me. Now he was kneeling by my side. I couldn't breath. 

"Are you alright?" He asked again. I shook my head quickly. 

He looked at me doubtfully for a moment longer but then decided that I was okay like I tried to say. 

"Let me help you up, okay, just go slowly," He put his arm out so I could use it to support myself but my hands were shaking so much. I probably looked like I fell and was in a lot more pain than I actually was. I was starting to breath regularly again though and finally said "I'm really okay though," in a mumbled tone. 

Once I was standing up I started to brush the grass off of myself and RoWoon stayed beside me. 

"Hey!" I heard another all-to-familiar voice shout. Before I knew what was happening Zuho had jogged over beside RoWoon and I and was piercing RoWoon with his eyes. 

"I've been looking all over for you!"

"I've been here" RoWoon smiled. 

"Who is this?" Zuho directed his gaze towards me now. I was frozen. 

"This is- Uh-" 

"Me-Megan" I stuttered. 

"Megan, are you alright?" RoWoon turned toward me. I shook my head quickly again. I didn't know if I should leave. Was I even supposed to be here? I just stood in front of RoWoon and Zuho like a statue. 

I suddenly felt a hand brushing something out of my hair. 

"What-" I looked up to see Zuho standing closer to me. 

"You have grass in your hair" His actions were sweet but his voice was cold.

I ran my fingers through my hair trying to straighten out the tangles and dislodge any adventurous strands of grass stuck there. He turned to RoWoon again, taking a few steps away from me. My heart was beating out of my chest, I wouldn't be surprised if both of them could hear it. 

"Can you get back to your seat okay?" RoWoon asked me. 

I tried to shake my head, but even that came out without any confidence because honestly I had forgotten I even had a seat at all. 

"Come on," Zuho started to walk back towards the metal gate I had entered which brought me to his heaven. 

"Oh- Um- Thank You," I was stumbling over my words and trying to to stumble in my walk as well. 

We reached the gate and Zuho pulled his hood up over his head, keeping his face tucked away from anyone in the crowd. 

"Thank you, I think I can go from here," I had long enough to collect myself before having the speak again that I was able to get a full sentence out. 

"Your arm-" He pointed down towards my elbow but was still scanning the crowd to make sure he wasn't recognized. 

"What-" I looked down to my own arm "blood!?" I hadn't even realized I was bleeding. I had been so swept up by RoWoon and Zuho. 

"Here," He took a bandanna out of his hoodie pocket and wrapped it around my arm. "You should go wash it well."

"Oh- I'm okay, thank you." For some reason he seemed softer now than earlier with RoWoon. It felt easier to talk to him now. 

"Are you really okay?" He was starring right at me. I could feel his eyes looking at mine. 

"Yea, thank you and thank RoWoon too...I should get back too, I'm probably not supposed to be back here, thank you again-" I hesitated to speak his name "Zuho." 

He seemed surprised that I said his name, almost like it wasn't something he had ever heard before. 

"You can keep the bandanna...it matches your eyes anyways, enjoy the show" He smiled, initially it was warm and close, like we were friends. But it quickly became a smile of appearance, like he was afraid to smile for real. 

I bowed my head before returning to the roaring crowd. I twirled the ends of the bandanna between my fingers. My heart was still pounding but this was different than when I was first star struck by RoWoon and Zuho. It was because of his warm smile, the smile I hoped to see again.