Ep. 01

This and That

 

Ep. 01: School Grounds and Hot Admirers

 

Irene was never sure of love.

 

She realized that every time Seulgi gazes at her with such a loving gaze and a sincere smile. Don’t get her wrong, she was lucky to have a friend like Seulgi but every since that the secret was out of the bag, Irene no longer know what to do. Seulgi loves her. The latter just screamed it to the whole world a week ago during their band’s performance in the school’s quadrangle. Seulgi held unto a bouquet of roses, giving it to her with those expectant eyes that were waiting for her yes.

Irene wanted to say yes.

She has the hugest crush on Seulgi for as long as she could remember. She has caught herself wanting to kiss Seulgi’s lips whenever their faces were close. They’ve been close friends since the start of high school. Wouldn’t that make it such a sweet high school love story?

Irene wasn’t sure. That’s the catch.

Seulgi specifically said I love you, Irene while all Irene could say was I like you.

Her other friends said that it was practically the same thing. Irene, well she was not sure.

And with an entire boggled up mind, Irene couldn’t help but mess her hair in frustration. Romance will forever be a hard subject for her.

 

And thank goodness, her friend Joy finally decided to in and grace the world with her presence.

“You look like death, unnie. I’m surprised I get to be prettier than you today.” The tall girl even tucked her locks behind her ear dramatically, like some girl on commercials.

“I still look prettier than you even on my worst days, Joy.” Irene muttered lifelessly, spreading her arms in her table before slamming her head against her thick-sized Physics books. Gosh, if only Physics could explain everything to her right now, she’ll be a Physicist in the future.

“You’re hopeless.” Joy muttered in surrender. She turned her head and just in time, a new girl entered the class room with a sling bag on her right shoulder and the usual blank gaze in her eyes. “Hey, Wendy! C’mere! You’re back from your hospital trip?” Joy screamed, with her arms spread out as if waiting for a hug.

The now named girl Wendy only gave her a look and a shrug. “Why’d you care?””

Irene could’ve laughed, as usual, if it weren’t Wendy in the first place. As some students in their school would’ve described it, Irene and Wendy despise each other. Oh how Irene want to laugh at that.

“You no fun. Like Irene here.” Joy stated, tapping her friend who rolled her eyes. “You two are perfect for each other.”

“Shut up.” Irene muttered.

“You two never talk to each other.”

“It’s a waste to talk to that idiot. Why would I?”

 

Okay, maybe the school gossips were somehow right.