Move On or Move In?

B side of Monstar

Jung Seon Woo’s POV

 

We’re staring at each other. So, Seyi can’t go out with me because she has a date with Seol Chan. I am fuming with jealousy. Then I saw an ahjussi coming towards them. I can see distress on SeYi’s face. That ahjussi holding a big camera. He must be a reporter. What will happened if an article about Seol Chan dating come out? It will affect Se Yi, no matter Se Yi is really his girlfriend or not.

 

That ahjussi keep on talking, and trying to snap their picture. I saw SeYi trying to hide behind Seol Chan. But Seol Chan just stood there, doing nothing. To make thing worse, he suddenly raised his voice and said that Se Yi’s not his girlfriend.

 

Her face gloomed immediately, just like weather that turn cloudy from sunny in a fraction of second.

 

“Aish this bastard. Can’t he appreciate what he had? Why must he let that ahjussi do anything he want? At least, if he wants to fight for her, he needs to protect her properly. He should know this will happen if he pursued her.”

 

I can feel my blood boil as I stride towards them, forgetting my own date.

 

“Excuse me,” I said, interrupting them.

 

“She’s mine” I said putting my hand around her shoulder.

 

“Why are trying to take her photo?” I asked when the reporter just give me confused face as answer.

 

“Your girlfriend?” he asked back.

 

“This is exactly why I said you don’t have to tag along.” I pretend to said to Seol Chan.

 

“He said he wanted to watch movie with us, his friends. He can do that can’t he?” I rhetorically asked the reporter ahjussi back.

 

“Ye..yeah..” he said with hesitancy.

 

“Where are the others?” I mumbled.

 

“Nana, why wont you call the others and asked their whereabout?” I half shouted to Nana. I never felt more relieved that I am out with Nana, other than this time, or else my lies would have been caught.

 

She stares at me for a second before proceed to make a call with her phone.

 

He ended up apologizing to both SeYi and me and I asked him to delete her photo from his camera.

 

Nana approached us later telling us that the others already waiting at the cinema. She threw a glare at the ahjussi and walks away.

 

And our date ended up ruined as we need to watch movie with other color bar member. The reporter ahjussi seems can’t believe my words easily, I saw him tailing us quietly. So, we need to keep pretending to hang out together as a big group.

 

I hate this ahjussi so much as he makes SeYi’s uncomfortable, ruined my day, and most importantly, he makes Nana angry.

 

Kim NaNa’s POV

 

I super hated that ahjussi. Why must he come and complicating everything.

 

And I hate Seon Woo more because he easily left me for SeYi.

 

But, I hate myself the most as I am helplessly let him trampled all over me, my heart. Why am I being like this?

 

As much as I wish I can walk away leaving them behind to tend my broken heart, my legs seem to have their own mind. I found myself calling the other member of color bar and asked them to meet at the cinema.

Afterwards I go towards them to give the info, and I intendedly brush his shoulder. I give my death glare to him as I wish I could kill him. In fact, he’s already dead thousand times in my mind.

 

I left them, behind sensing they all following me one by one.

 

I sit in between Do Nam and SeYi and found myself not enjoying the movie. Guess it will be the most hated movie in my life.

 

I can sense SeYi keep throwing glances towards Seol Chan direction, and I can’t help myself from grew angrier at the world. Why must I love Seon Woo, and he loves Se Yi, ad Se Yi loves Seol Chan. Why must it be this complicated? I wish I can unlove him, so I can move on, save myself from all the heartbreak.

 

**********************************************************************************

 

The next day I saw Seon Woo and SeYi walking together, conversing. Why must them be like this, cutting through my heart early in the morning. Once, I thought school is one of my safe places, but now since Seyi’s here it has become second hell on earth for me.

 

I walked past through between them and spare my infamous death glare, and walk away. Why can’t my wish be true? Why am I having too much difficult life? 

 

In class we have sour atmosphere. I keep on staring, keep on my façade, even though I noticed other student try to make friend with me, with us color bar members. I wish I can bring forward my graduation day. Class feels more suffocating now compared to before.

 

Jeong Seon Woo’s POV

 

I saw SeYi’s staring at Seol Chan, longingly and I thought enough is enough. I need to confess, make her mine. I need to protect her. She’s so fragile for this cruel world.

 

I called her name, and I saw Seol Chan frozen. I walked there to face him, but I asked her, has Seol Chan apologized yet to her.

 

She said yes and Seol Chan exploded.

“Why do you care?” he barks at me.

 

“You asked him why? If not for him it will be the end for you and me! Have you thanked him yet?” now, it’s SeYi’s turn to explode.

 

“Thanks? Why should I thank this bastard?

 

Do you asked her to say that? Do you think I would be grateful with your unwanted help?

 

You never changed, huh?

 

Now listen to me properly.

 

If somebody doesn’t need your help so don’t.  It’s not helping, its nuisance.”

 

 

SeYi’s started to scold him but I beat her to it.

 

“I don’t need your gratification.

 

SeYi, he knows me well so he aware I don’t need that kind of words.”

 

“What are you talking about?” she asked, more to mumbles.

 

“Jeong Seon Woo,” Seol Chan tried to warn me, but for me there’s no stepping back.

 

“You might not aware of this, but I like you Min Se Yi.” I said in a breath.

 

“Who..?” SeYi’s once again mumbling, I guess she can’t believe it.

 

“Me, like you.” I said again, clearly for both SeYi and Seol Chan to heard it.

She was stunned and Seol Chan walked away.

 

Kim NaNa’s POV

 

I was trying my best to lay low and finish high school. That’s the only thing I want. But our class atmosphere becoming more annoying.

 

Seol Chan entered the class with face of a . Huffing several times and went out after cursing at God knows who.

 

Jae Rok seems can’t let go the fact that student favour Color Bar more than All For One. He keeps on attacking the easiest member, Kyu Dong. He attacks more after several female students try to talk to him, and Kyu Dong seems to regain back his confidence.

 

I noticed Eun Ha not like herself lately. I guess everybody has their own version of skeleton inside their closet. This becoming more and more stuffing, so I skipped class. I go to my solace place. Nobody really goes up there so I could be by myself, sleeping and studying. I need to graduate, even with minimal marks. It would be difficult if I can’t bear be within class, so I need to study by myself.

 

I was just stepping out of the door to the rooftop when my arm yanked roughly and I was immediately pinned to the wall.

 

“Wanna die?” can’t help myself from going berserk at my attacker.

 

“You might want to tone down your voice if you don’t want others to see us like this.” He said, I can’t believe my eyes and my ears.

 

My so-called fiancée smirked at me. How I wish I could punch him square in the face.

 

“Release me!” I demand. So, he loosened his grip on me but still too close to my comfort.

 

“What do you want, jerk?” I whisper yelled at him.

 

“Well if you decide that would be my pet name, I would gladly be a jerk for you, princess.” He said, still with that despicable smile on his face, trying to caress my hair. I slapped his hand and push him away from me, creating a safe distance for myself.

 

“But I am not really sure you would like if I become one. It won’t be pretty, that much I can guarantee.” He added, holding my chin and tilted my head up, so I can look at his annoying face.

 

“How do you know I am here? If I don’t know better, I would think you stalked me, creepy. And again, what do you want?” I hissed, shake my head to free myself.

 

 

“Oh, Nana, there’s so much things that you don’t know,” he said.

 

“Mwo?” I asked him back.

 

He shrugged his shoulders and said,

 

“Just wanna tell you we have a date this weekend. We organized company party and you will come as my plus one.”

 

 

“Excuse me? Since when I agreed to this?” I yelled. This. Is. Unacceptable.

 

“Your consent is not required baby. Should I remind you that you’re belong to our family? As we will provide protection to you. Don’t tell me you not realized your father’s minion no longer followed you.”

 

He took a step back and upsize me.

 

“God, you’re more naïve than I thought you would be.” He chuckles.

 

“We don’t need your consent. I will send you the dress, wear it and be ready. I will pick you up at 7.” He said, winked at me and left me there, stunned.

I wallowed and bury myself in self-pity. I almost fallen asleep, but I guess they really refused to let me have my peace. I heard footsteps sound, awakened me from my slumber. But I can’t hear anything else so I guess it safe for me, so I kept myself hidden at my spot.

 

Several minutes later I heard call tone, left unanswered, it’s annoying really. Just reject the call if you refused to answer, why must he let the phone ringing? I thought to myself, then the sound growing softer, farther, and followed by a crash sound. I spring up to standing position and look around. I saw Kyung Do at the end of building, standing, ready to jump.

 

So, I run, closing the gap between us, praying hard I able to beat time.

 

I manage to grab his hand just a second before his jump. He falls upon me, lying on top of me when SeYi and Seol Chan arrived.

 

“Won’t you get off me?” I asked him, trying to balance my tone in between irritation and concern. I don’t want him to feel more embarrassed than he already is, but I refused to sound out of character, again.

He scurries off me and frozen to his place.

 

“Since when you have relationship like this?” Seol Chan asked, stupid question really. I hope he just throws that question to lighten up the mood.

 

But I still shoot daggers at him with my sharp eyes.

 

He shut his mouth and I heard Seyi’s asking Kyu Dong if he’s okay.

 

He left the question unanswered and ran away.

 

I warn them to leave him alone, not to embarrassed him further.

 

“But he’s tried to jump” SeYi’s opposed me.

 

“That’s more the reason why, let him be” I said.

 

“What if he tries again?” she asked me then.

 

“Do you know how long has he been collecting strength to made that jump?” I asked her and walked away when I supposed she doesn’t have answer to my question.

 

I am confident he won’t try again in this short period of time. I always saw him here once in several months.

 

But he just stands there, overlooking the scenery with longing in his eyes. By third time I saw him like that I realized he also hid something that he could not bear, wishing to be dead, but never had the courage to make the leap.

 

And I thank God I made it in time or else, I afraid it’s not just him, but both of us will be on tomorrow’s newspaper front page. I sighed to myself.

 

Why am I keep involving myself into these problems that not concern me.

 

I saw SeYi at bus stop few days later, after Kyu Dong skip classes. I approached her and heard she shouted Kyu Dong’s name. I guess Kyu Dong called her. So, I took a seat beside her and asked,

 

 

“Is that Kyu Dong?” she nods.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“Huh,” such an unintelligent answer from her.

 

“Is he asking you not to tell anyone?” my next question also answered with nods.

 

“Seon Woo agreed to go out with me for 10 times,” I said.

 

I don’t know why but I need her to know that Seon Woo going out with me means nothing. If, who knows one day Seon Woo decided to man up and confess to SeYi I refused to be the obstacle for SeYi to love him back, although I am confident SeYi loves someone else.

 

And I saw him pass through us, inside his car. He was watching us sitting together.

 

Later in class still have no signs of Kyu Dong and as out of character I am, I am thinking where he possibly be. I saw SeYi throwing glances at Do Nam. I guess this time Do Nam do have a role in Kyu Dong disappearance. They always not clicked together but sometimes they sync well. I wonder if they had something happened previously that severed their friendship, just like President and Seol Chan.

 

I was waiting for Seon Woo after school to ask him go out with me. But Eunha approached me and asked me to Karaoke room with her. I guess she’s out of option to asked me, but I need to do something important today. So, I just gave her uninterested gaze and she realised I didn’t really want to hang out with her.

 

After she left, I saw Seon Woo followed Ma Joon Hee to auditorium. I wonder did he rejoin All For One? So I tailed them.

 

I saw him sitting there, hugging and start strumming his cello. His fingers dancing with so much elegance, producing beautiful sound. I keep on thinking, should I give up on him and surrender to Ma Joon Hee. I don’t know what his plan is but what can beat broken family and broken heart altogether? I have faced everything, what worse could have come? Should I have let him go? Can my heart handle this?

 

The door closed, and I standing leaning on the wall. Pretending to listen to the music when the truth I am enjoying the beautiful melody from inside. My mind floating, I almost lost in my thought when I heard sound of the heavy door opening, and I saw him stepping out.

 

“Let’s go out today.” I said.

 

I saw SeYi approaching us, and he said he has something to do with SeYi.

 

Seyi offered me to go together, saying it for Kyu Dong sake.

 

We ended up sharing a car together, going to wherever Kyu Dong is.

 

The journey took a very familiar route, that we all know by heart.  

 

Honestly, I am not shocked, Kyu Dong ran and hide here, even me, myself consider this to be one of my safe places.

 

We were greeted by Eunha and Kyu Dong, and all of us gather at the basement.

 

Eunha sitting at the bench, with sour look.

 

“If you tell me you’re coming here I would tag along. Why would you leave me? I always left out.” She said with a pout.

 

“No, Eunha, it’s not like that. Believe me please, it’s not.” SeYi tried to coax her.

 

At that time Kyu dong looked at me and we share a glance. He rubs his nape, maybe embarrassed, or thankful? For recent incident.

 

I am trying to ask him, is he okay? But I guess as long as I don’t have superpower that telepathically converse with others, its impossible.

 

“It’s..it’s because of me, I asked her not to tell anyone”, he said then, clearing the misunderstanding.

 

The conversation continues, and I felt like out of place. This is not my place, and they are not my cycle of friend, I feel the distance between us. I am abnormal, I should not taint these group of people with my dirt.

 

We’re on our way back when he thanked me for saving him. Seon woo walked SeYi’s home so I decided I want to be alone for now. Need to set my thought straight, move on and never looked back again, like ever.

 

Jeong Seon Woo’s POV

 

We manage to talk some sense into Kyu Dong and he promised us he will come back, but he definitely needs time. Our celebratory mood was disturbed with tense conflict between ahjussi with his guest.

The busker I know from Thailand, apparently, he came here to look for ahjussi and we helped him come here. But then, we were asked to leave them alone. Judging from the expression ahjussi made, I don’t think it’s something good, thus all of us left them alone for some privacy.

 

Nana walks away, I am torn between my long-lost crush and her. I want to entertain her to use her date coupons, but I can’t leave SeYi alone in her depressed mood.

 

She seems distracted since Seol Chan skipping class. From articles released, they said he has some schedule in Japan. Interestingly, his schedule appears now, in the middle of our triangle love conflict. And, despite SeYi not yet answer my confession, I can guess where her heart is based on curret conditions.

 

I followed SeYi quietly, just making sure she’s safe. But when I saw her so deep into her head, I said

 

“Transfer student, there’s pole in front of you!” as a joke.

 

She stopped her step, looking in front. She turns to look at me afterwards, confused. I told her that she should pay attention to her surrounding more.

 

She gave me a faint smile, and my phone rings. My little girlfriend. She forced me to come and I asked SeYi to tag along.

 

We’re having fun in the hospital, singing for those unfortunate children. Initially HyeRim don’t really want to be friend with SeYi. I guess she’s jealous cause I brought SeYi’s here. But after a while they started warming up to each other and have a slightly better relationship.

 

Kim NaNa’s POV

 

I was deep in my work when I feel a shadow over me. I raised my head and see who’s having a death wish.

 

By this time, I think I shouldn’t have wonder. He’s the only one who have the heart of steel to challenge me like this.

 

I crossed my arms, taking defend position and raised my eyebrow.

He just shrugged his shoulder, turns around, grab a chair and sat down facing me.

 

“Don’t you have something better to do?” I asked him.

 

“What’s better than spending time with my fiancée?” he said, mocking me.

 

I feel a strong urge to vomit with how he phrased his words.

 

I tried to resume my disturbed work, but he didn’t make it easy for me.

 

“Yah!! What the hell?” I yelled after he hit my head with a box. I rub my head and glared at him. I’m not hurt actually, it annoys me.

 

“Wear this to the party. I believe you have appropriate accessory to wear. If not, just tell me. I’ll send the latest collection for you to pick from.” He said, nonchalantly.

 

“Seriously, why are you doing this? You won’t gain anything, I have nothing to offer. Can’t you just let me go? Do both of us a favour and oppose this arrangement. We’ll be happier like that” I said and sigh. Don’t know what else should I do to convince him that this is a stupid idea.

 

“Well, I am okay with any arrangement, but I am not sure about you. Would you be happy without this arrangement?”

 

He stands up and walk around my sewing machine. He sat at the end of it.

 

“Let’s see, I am generous enough to give you a way out of,

first, your dysfunctional family,

and second, your impending, or should I say heart break? I am perfectly sure you’re realized that you in a one-sided crush relationship, didn’t you?” he smirks.

 

Argh! The audacity.

 

I perfectly aware my family is far from perfect and my love life is a mess. I keep on seeing adoration flooded from Seon Woo but I am not the receiver. And to think that person is so oblivious made me boil with anger. But, hearing these facts from third person make me feels more pathetic. Such a loser I am. Despite all that, what it has to do with this lamp pole here? He’s just a stranger. Why should he care?

 

So, I did the unthinkable.

 

I stood up, facing him, we’re on the eye level like this.

 

I shortened our gap, until just we’re just mere centimetres apart, and I smirk,

 

“Do you perhaps, have the hots for me?”

 

*********************************************************************************

Jung Seon Woo’s POV

 

We’re staring at each other. So, Seyi can’t go out with me because she has a date with Seol Chan. I am fuming with jealousy. Then I saw an ahjussi coming towards them. I can see distress on SeYi’s face. That ahjussi holding a big camera. He must be a reporter. What will happened if an article about Seol Chan dating come out? It will affect Se Yi, no matter Se Yi is really his girlfriend or not.

 

That ahjussi keep on talking, and trying to snap their picture. I saw SeYi trying to hide behind Seol Chan. But Seol Chan just stood there, doing nothing. To make thing worse, he suddenly raised his voice and said that Se Yi’s not his girlfriend.

 

Her face gloomed immediately, just like weather that turn cloudy from sunny in a fraction of second.

 

“Aish this bastard. Can’t he appreciate what he had? Why must he let that ahjussi do anything he want? At least, if he wants to fight for her, he needs to protect her properly. He should know this will happen if he pursued her.”

 

I can feel my blood boil as I stride towards them, forgetting my own date.

 

“Excuse me,” I said, interrupting them.

 

“She’s mine” I said putting my hand around her shoulder.

 

“Why are trying to take her photo?” I asked when the reporter just give me confused face as answer.

 

“Your girlfriend?” he asked back.

 

“This is exactly why I said you don’t have to tag along.” I pretend to said to Seol Chan.

 

“He said he wanted to watch movie with us, his friends. He can do that can’t he?” I rhetorically asked the reporter ahjussi back.

 

“Ye..yeah..” he said with hesitancy.

 

“Where are the others?” I mumbled.

 

“Nana, why wont you call the others and asked their whereabout?” I half shouted to Nana. I never felt more relieved that I am out with Nana, other than this time, or else my lies would have been caught.

 

She stares at me for a second before proceed to make a call with her phone.

 

He ended up apologizing to both SeYi and me and I asked him to delete her photo from his camera.

 

Nana approached us later telling us that the others already waiting at the cinema. She threw a glare at the ahjussi and walks away.

 

And our date ended up ruined as we need to watch movie with other color bar member. The reporter ahjussi seems can’t believe my words easily, I saw him tailing us quietly. So, we need to keep pretending to hang out together as a big group.

 

I hate this ahjussi so much as he makes SeYi’s uncomfortable, ruined my day, and most importantly, he makes Nana angry.

 

Kim NaNa’s POV

 

I super hated that ahjussi. Why must he come and complicating everything.

 

And I hate Seon Woo more because he easily left me for SeYi.

 

But, I hate myself the most as I am helplessly let him trampled all over me, my heart. Why am I being like this?

 

As much as I wish I can walk away leaving them behind to tend my broken heart, my legs seem to have their own mind. I found myself calling the other member of color bar and asked them to meet at the cinema.

Afterwards I go towards them to give the info, and I intendedly brush his shoulder. I give my death glare to him as I wish I could kill him. In fact, he’s already dead thousand times in my mind.

 

I left them, behind sensing they all following me one by one.

 

I sit in between Do Nam and SeYi and found myself not enjoying the movie. Guess it will be the most hated movie in my life.

 

I can sense SeYi keep throwing glances towards Seol Chan direction, and I can’t help myself from grew angrier at the world. Why must I love Seon Woo, and he loves Se Yi, ad Se Yi loves Seol Chan. Why must it be this complicated? I wish I can unlove him, so I can move on, save myself from all the heartbreak.

 

**********************************************************************************

 

The next day I saw Seon Woo and SeYi walking together, conversing. Why must them be like this, cutting through my heart early in the morning. Once, I thought school is one of my safe places, but now since Seyi’s here it has become second hell on earth for me.

 

I walked past through between them and spare my infamous death glare, and walk away. Why can’t my wish be true? Why am I having too much difficult life? 

 

In class we have sour atmosphere. I keep on staring, keep on my façade, even though I noticed other student try to make friend with me, with us color bar members. I wish I can bring forward my graduation day. Class feels more suffocating now compared to before.

 

Jeong Seon Woo’s POV

 

I saw SeYi’s staring at Seol Chan, longingly and I thought enough is enough. I need to confess, make her mine. I need to protect her. She’s so fragile for this cruel world.

 

I called her name, and I saw Seol Chan frozen. I walked there to face him, but I asked her, has Seol Chan apologized yet to her.

 

She said yes and Seol Chan exploded.

“Why do you care?” he barks at me.

 

“You asked him why? If not for him it will be the end for you and me! Have you thanked him yet?” now, it’s SeYi’s turn to explode.

 

“Thanks? Why should I thank this bastard?

 

Do you asked her to say that? Do you think I would be grateful with your unwanted help?

 

You never changed, huh?

 

Now listen to me properly.

 

If somebody doesn’t need your help so don’t.  It’s not helping, its nuisance.”

 

 

SeYi’s started to scold him but I beat her to it.

 

“I don’t need your gratification.

 

SeYi, he knows me well so he aware I don’t need that kind of words.”

 

“What are you talking about?” she asked, more to mumbles.

 

“Jeong Seon Woo,” Seol Chan tried to warn me, but for me there’s no stepping back.

 

“You might not aware of this, but I like you Min Se Yi.” I said in a breath.

 

“Who..?” SeYi’s once again mumbling, I guess she can’t believe it.

 

“Me, like you.” I said again, clearly for both SeYi and Seol Chan to heard it.

She was stunned and Seol Chan walked away.

 

Kim NaNa’s POV

 

I was trying my best to lay low and finish high school. That’s the only thing I want. But our class atmosphere becoming more annoying.

 

Seol Chan entered the class with face of a . Huffing several times and went out after cursing at God knows who.

 

Jae Rok seems can’t let go the fact that student favour Color Bar more than All For One. He keeps on attacking the easiest member, Kyu Dong. He attacks more after several female students try to talk to him, and Kyu Dong seems to regain back his confidence.

 

I noticed Eun Ha not like herself lately. I guess everybody has their own version of skeleton inside their closet. This becoming more and more stuffing, so I skipped class. I go to my solace place. Nobody really goes up there so I could be by myself, sleeping and studying. I need to graduate, even with minimal marks. It would be difficult if I can’t bear be within class, so I need to study by myself.

 

I was just stepping out of the door to the rooftop when my arm yanked roughly and I was immediately pinned to the wall.

 

“Wanna die?” can’t help myself from going berserk at my attacker.

 

“You might want to tone down your voice if you don’t want others to see us like this.” He said, I can’t believe my eyes and my ears.

 

My so-called fiancée smirked at me. How I wish I could punch him square in the face.

 

“Release me!” I demand. So, he loosened his grip on me but still too close to my comfort.

 

“What do you want, jerk?” I whisper yelled at him.

 

“Well if you decide that would be my pet name, I would gladly be a jerk for you, princess.” He said, still with that despicable smile on his face, trying to caress my hair. I slapped his hand and push him away from me, creating a safe distance for myself.

 

“But I am not really sure you would like if I become one. It won’t be pretty, that much I can guarantee.” He added, holding my chin and tilted my head up, so I can look at his annoying face.

 

“How do you know I am here? If I don’t know better, I would think you stalked me, creepy. And again, what do you want?” I hissed, shake my head to free myself.

 

 

“Oh, Nana, there’s so much things that you don’t know,” he said.

 

“Mwo?” I asked him back.

 

He shrugged his shoulders and said,

 

“Just wanna tell you we have a date this weekend. We organized company party and you will come as my plus one.”

 

 

“Excuse me? Since when I agreed to this?” I yelled. This. Is. Unacceptable.

 

“Your consent is not required baby. Should I remind you that you’re belong to our family? As we will provide protection to you. Don’t tell me you not realized your father’s minion no longer followed you.”

 

He took a step back and upsize me.

 

“God, you’re more naïve than I thought you would be.” He chuckles.

 

“We don’t need your consent. I will send you the dress, wear it and be ready. I will pick you up at 7.” He said, winked at me and left me there, stunned.

I wallowed and bury myself in self-pity. I almost fallen asleep, but I guess they really refused to let me have my peace. I heard footsteps sound, awakened me from my slumber. But I can’t hear anything else so I guess it safe for me, so I kept myself hidden at my spot.

 

Several minutes later I heard call tone, left unanswered, it’s annoying really. Just reject the call if you refused to answer, why must he let the phone ringing? I thought to myself, then the sound growing softer, farther, and followed by a crash sound. I spring up to standing position and look around. I saw Kyung Do at the end of building, standing, ready to jump.

 

So, I run, closing the gap between us, praying hard I able to beat time.

 

I manage to grab his hand just a second before his jump. He falls upon me, lying on top of me when SeYi and Seol Chan arrived.

 

“Won’t you get off me?” I asked him, trying to balance my tone in between irritation and concern. I don’t want him to feel more embarrassed than he already is, but I refused to sound out of character, again.

He scurries off me and frozen to his place.

 

“Since when you have relationship like this?” Seol Chan asked, stupid question really. I hope he just throws that question to lighten up the mood.

 

But I still shoot daggers at him with my sharp eyes.

 

He shut his mouth and I heard Seyi’s asking Kyu Dong if he’s okay.

 

He left the question unanswered and ran away.

 

I warn them to leave him alone, not to embarrassed him further.

 

“But he’s tried to jump” SeYi’s opposed me.

 

“That’s more the reason why, let him be” I said.

 

“What if he tries again?” she asked me then.

 

“Do you know how long has he been collecting strength to made that jump?” I asked her and walked away when I supposed she doesn’t have answer to my question.

 

I am confident he won’t try again in this short period of time. I always saw him here once in several months.

 

But he just stands there, overlooking the scenery with longing in his eyes. By third time I saw him like that I realized he also hid something that he could not bear, wishing to be dead, but never had the courage to make the leap.

 

And I thank God I made it in time or else, I afraid it’s not just him, but both of us will be on tomorrow’s newspaper front page. I sighed to myself.

 

Why am I keep involving myself into these problems that not concern me.

 

I saw SeYi at bus stop few days later, after Kyu Dong skip classes. I approached her and heard she shouted Kyu Dong’s name. I guess Kyu Dong called her. So, I took a seat beside her and asked,

 

 

“Is that Kyu Dong?” she nods.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“Huh,” such an unintelligent answer from her.

 

“Is he asking you not to tell anyone?” my next question also answered with nods.

 

“Seon Woo agreed to go out with me for 10 times,” I said.

 

I don’t know why but I need her to know that Seon Woo going out with me means nothing. If, who knows one day Seon Woo decided to man up and confess to SeYi I refused to be the obstacle for SeYi to love him back, although I am confident SeYi loves someone else.

 

And I saw him pass through us, inside his car. He was watching us sitting together.

 

Later in class still have no signs of Kyu Dong and as out of character I am, I am thinking where he possibly be. I saw SeYi throwing glances at Do Nam. I guess this time Do Nam do have a role in Kyu Dong disappearance. They always not clicked together but sometimes they sync well. I wonder if they had something happened previously that severed their friendship, just like President and Seol Chan.

 

I was waiting for Seon Woo after school to ask him go out with me. But Eunha approached me and asked me to Karaoke room with her. I guess she’s out of option to asked me, but I need to do something important today. So, I just gave her uninterested gaze and she realised I didn’t really want to hang out with her.

 

After she left, I saw Seon Woo followed Ma Joon Hee to auditorium. I wonder did he rejoin All For One? So I tailed them.

 

I saw him sitting there, hugging and start strumming his cello. His fingers dancing with so much elegance, producing beautiful sound. I keep on thinking, should I give up on him and surrender to Ma Joon Hee. I don’t know what his plan is but what can beat broken family and broken heart altogether? I have faced everything, what worse could have come? Should I have let him go? Can my heart handle this?

 

The door closed, and I standing leaning on the wall. Pretending to listen to the music when the truth I am enjoying the beautiful melody from inside. My mind floating, I almost lost in my thought when I heard sound of the heavy door opening, and I saw him stepping out.

 

“Let’s go out today.” I said.

 

I saw SeYi approaching us, and he said he has something to do with SeYi.

 

Seyi offered me to go together, saying it for Kyu Dong sake.

 

We ended up sharing a car together, going to wherever Kyu Dong is.

 

The journey took a very familiar route, that we all know by heart.  

 

Honestly, I am not shocked, Kyu Dong ran and hide here, even me, myself consider this to be one of my safe places.

 

We were greeted by Eunha and Kyu Dong, and all of us gather at the basement.

 

Eunha sitting at the bench, with sour look.

 

“If you tell me you’re coming here I would tag along. Why would you leave me? I always left out.” She said with a pout.

 

“No, Eunha, it’s not like that. Believe me please, it’s not.” SeYi tried to coax her.

 

At that time Kyu dong looked at me and we share a glance. He rubs his nape, maybe embarrassed, or thankful? For recent incident.

 

I am trying to ask him, is he okay? But I guess as long as I don’t have superpower that telepathically converse with others, its impossible.

 

“It’s..it’s because of me, I asked her not to tell anyone”, he said then, clearing the misunderstanding.

 

The conversation continues, and I felt like out of place. This is not my place, and they are not my cycle of friend, I feel the distance between us. I am abnormal, I should not taint these group of people with my dirt.

 

We’re on our way back when he thanked me for saving him. Seon woo walked SeYi’s home so I decided I want to be alone for now. Need to set my thought straight, move on and never looked back again, like ever.

 

Jeong Seon Woo’s POV

 

We manage to talk some sense into Kyu Dong and he promised us he will come back, but he definitely needs time. Our celebratory mood was disturbed with tense conflict between ahjussi with his guest.

The busker I know from Thailand, apparently, he came here to look for ahjussi and we helped him come here. But then, we were asked to leave them alone. Judging from the expression ahjussi made, I don’t think it’s something good, thus all of us left them alone for some privacy.

 

Nana walks away, I am torn between my long-lost crush and her. I want to entertain her to use her date coupons, but I can’t leave SeYi alone in her depressed mood.

 

She seems distracted since Seol Chan skipping class. From articles released, they said he has some schedule in Japan. Interestingly, his schedule appears now, in the middle of our triangle love conflict. And, despite SeYi not yet answer my confession, I can guess where her heart is based on curret conditions.

 

I followed SeYi quietly, just making sure she’s safe. But when I saw her so deep into her head, I said

 

“Transfer student, there’s pole in front of you!” as a joke.

 

She stopped her step, looking in front. She turns to look at me afterwards, confused. I told her that she should pay attention to her surrounding more.

 

She gave me a faint smile, and my phone rings. My little girlfriend. She forced me to come and I asked SeYi to tag along.

 

We’re having fun in the hospital, singing for those unfortunate children. Initially HyeRim don’t really want to be friend with SeYi. I guess she’s jealous cause I brought SeYi’s here. But after a while they started warming up to each other and have a slightly better relationship.

 

Kim NaNa’s POV

 

I was deep in my work when I feel a shadow over me. I raised my head and see who’s having a death wish.

 

By this time, I think I shouldn’t have wonder. He’s the only one who have the heart of steel to challenge me like this.

 

I crossed my arms, taking defend position and raised my eyebrow.

He just shrugged his shoulder, turns around, grab a chair and sat down facing me.

 

“Don’t you have something better to do?” I asked him.

 

“What’s better than spending time with my fiancée?” he said, mocking me.

 

I feel a strong urge to vomit with how he phrased his words.

 

I tried to resume my disturbed work, but he didn’t make it easy for me.

 

“Yah!! What the hell?” I yelled after he hit my head with a box. I rub my head and glared at him. I’m not hurt actually, it annoys me.

 

“Wear this to the party. I believe you have appropriate accessory to wear. If not, just tell me. I’ll send the latest collection for you to pick from.” He said, nonchalantly.

 

“Seriously, why are you doing this? You won’t gain anything, I have nothing to offer. Can’t you just let me go? Do both of us a favour and oppose this arrangement. We’ll be happier like that” I said and sigh. Don’t know what else should I do to convince him that this is a stupid idea.

 

“Well, I am okay with any arrangement, but I am not sure about you. Would you be happy without this arrangement?”

 

He stands up and walk around my sewing machine. He sat at the end of it.

 

“Let’s see, I am generous enough to give you a way out of,

first, your dysfunctional family,

and second, your impending, or should I say heart break? I am perfectly sure you’re realized that you in a one-sided crush relationship, didn’t you?” he smirks.

 

Argh! The audacity.

 

I perfectly aware my family is far from perfect and my love life is a mess. I keep on seeing adoration flooded from Seon Woo but I am not the receiver. And to think that person is so oblivious made me boil with anger. But, hearing these facts from third person make me feels more pathetic. Such a loser I am. Despite all that, what it has to do with this lamp pole here? He’s just a stranger. Why should he care?

 

So, I did the unthinkable.

 

I stood up, facing him, we’re on the eye level like this.

 

I shortened our gap, until just we’re just mere centimetres apart, and I smirk,

 

“Do you perhaps, have the hots for me?”

 

*********************************************************************************