Revelation

B side of Monstar

Nana’s POV

That man, he’s plucking his guitar and sang his heart out to reach his first love.

~“My hot lips want to touch your soft lips” he’s looking at her lips.

~“So that my love will be delivered to your heart,

If you still haven’t known how I felt,

I will love you more than anyone in this world”

He’s sheepishly steal glances at her.

“I will love you until always, I will love you..”

Sadly she seems so ignorant. Most probably she didn’t even realized how broken this perfect guy because of her; just because she had fallen in love with another guy. And the other guy was none other than his own friend. Though they act like they were nemesis, but it was shown clearly they care about each other. The hatred they emitted was because of the depth of their love for each other; as friend, as brother.

And just mere fact that I am more hurt than that guy kills me inside. I know how stupid, how pathetic I am acting like this; longing for someone who never noticed my existence. Though, this crazy thing called heart always wants what it wants. No matter how much my brain scold my heart, curse my heart for being this stubborn but it won’t budge.

Just seeing him make my heart skipped a beat, sweat like crazy. I summoned every strength I can gather from each living cells of my body just to hold back my tears and not to run to him and hug him tight, to chased his pain away. I realized I have my own reputation to take care of. I hate him so much for making me feels so pathetic, unwanted, and miserable but he’s the one who makes my heart flutters, tingles and yearn for his presence. Damn this man and his smiles. Those smiles won’t go away no matter what I do.

I was dragged out of my monologue when Eun Ha and Se Yi applause for his performance. The mood was elated a little. Out of blue, I want to hear him sing my favourite song. How I wish we can sing this song together, meaningfully. But all of that was wishful thinking.

“Sing another song, Jeong Sun Woo. Do you know “Human Love”?” I said.

Wait, I did what? Damn my mouth. It acts faster than my brain. I can see confusion in the faces of other members as I deviated from my normal self. Which is I always stay silence.

He also stares my face with confusion, and may I say hesitation?

“Yeah, I know” he said.

“Sing it” I ordered him.

There was complete silence. No student ever ordered president around. He was taken aback. Things has been this way. It’s too late to go back now.

“Don’t want to?” as usual, I masked my disappointment with tone of irritation.

“No, that’s a duet song” he said.

“Try sing it with Se Yi’ do you know the song?” Eun Ha said.

Aish this girl, why she had to in everything? I asked myself and I realized I won’t get the answer.

“Don’t” the only word I can say as I know, if he ended up sing that song with her I will be more hurt. I might end up leave this group.

I guess they were more confused with me. At one time I asked him to sing and the other second I forbid him. Thank god Seol Chan came in and call it stop. We all go back to our respective home. But I found myself in front of Sun Woo’s house. I am so out of it and I just realized it when I am in front of his house gate. I am going to go back but then I hesitated. I throw the CD of the song and ran home.

 

Seon Woo’s POV

I am plucking my guitar and sang my heart hoping I can reach my first love.

~“My hot lips want to touch your soft lips” her full pink lips,

~“So that my love will be delivered to your heart,

If you still haven’t known how I felt,

I will love you more than anyone in this world”

I steal glances at her, why won’t you see what I am showing you

“I will love you until always, I will love you..”

Sadly she seems so nonchalant. Most probably she didn’t even realized how broken she made me; just because she had fallen in love with another guy. Well, I am not blind and I definitely not stupid. But she has been in my heart since forever. Letting her go just like this make me feels so I don’t know, helpless? At least I want to try my best and fight for her. I was too young back then, I can’t even do a thing when I learn she’s moved away. At least now I won’t sit still and let her go just like a moron.

They give me applause after I finished my serenade to her. And advised me not to sing like in front of random girls caused it will definitely melt them. But how are you not moved? Not even an inch. She stayed the same. The only person I hoped will melt and surrender to my charm.

“Sing another song, Jeong Sun Woo. Do you know “Human Love”?” 

That voice. Kim Nana? Wow such a rare occasion. I scan back of my head, searching for the song in the registry. Ah..that song, but..

“Yeah, I know” I said.

“Sing it” those simple words. I don’t know if it was an order or a request.

There was complete silence. No student ever ordered me around. But somehow, strangely I didn’t feel insulted. And I was like, compelled to sing the song? But then, I hesitated again.

“Don’t want to?” as usual, she asked with tone of irritation. It must be hard on her. How she can be annoyed all the time to everyone? But then, It doesn’t feel quite right. There’s something else apart from irritation.

“No, that’s a duet song” I said, trying to explain. I don’t know why I even try to explain to her.

“Try sing it with Se Yi. Do you know the song?” Eun Ha said.

Hurm, the atmosphere doesn’t feel right. I don’t know if I should sing this song duet with Se Yi when Nana was the one who requested.  

“Don’t” she said.

That expression on her face, but why?

Suddenly Seol Chan came in and call it stop with his annoyed face. We all go back to our respective home.

The next day, I found BoA’s CD at my frontyard. Who throw this here? Is it still useable? I need to try to see if it still work. I flip the case and scan through the song list. “Saram Sarang”. Did she’s the one who put this thing here? It can’t be right?

On my way to school, as usual I spent my time reading. Ahjusshi ask me doesn’t it make me dizzy reading in a moving car?

I closed my book and told him I am okay since I am used to it by now. I throw my glances outside of car window. I think I see familiar figure. Walking alone with earphone stuck inside her ears. She seemed so serene.

A piece of card fell out of her skirt pocket when she fished out her phone. Is it something important?

I asked driver Mr. Jo to pull off.  She doesn’t even realized when Mr Jo just parked the car near her.

Aish this girl. isn’t it dangerous walking thoughtlessly like that?

I get down from the car and picked up the card. I follow her to give it back, but then I heard something beautiful. She always had something to surprise me. I guess I need to give her some space now. I will give this later in school.

She’s not at her seat when I arrived. Where did she go? She was so near to school just now. Did she skipped class again? Didn’t she want to graduate? I decided I will wait for her and give this back later. I keep on looking outside the class window when I saw her again, walking thoughtlessly. What did she think that make her always put that poker face?

Beep sound of my blackberry dragged me cruelly from my deep thought.

“Na wa” it’s from Seol Chan. Aish, what did he want? I turned around and see him stand up and walk out of our class. I followed him.

“Wae?” I asked him.

“Bla.. bla… bla…” he complained about how he can’t fall asleep last night because of me in a longest sentences ever. He said that I am too greasy. I was like what? It’s not like I seduced him all night. How is it my fault? Well, I did try to seduce someone, but not him. If he put that same effort to his Korean language essay or literature he might be better than me. I feel like this conversation not going anywhere thus I just give him one question.

“Is what I did greasier than what you did?”

He was taken aback and muttered a “what?” to me.

I think, enough is enough thus I walked away. I need to return the card to Nana.

Seol Chan’s POV

“What?” I asked him. Perplexed.

What did he mean by that? Did he saw what I did back then at his house?

Hopefully not, otherwise I will be embarrassed to death.

I was walking back to class when I saw Do Nam, Kyu Dong and Jae Rok together. They seemed tensed. This won’t be good, thus I walked past them on purpose.

Jae Rok called me and tried to provoke me. Asking me wether it was nice to hang out and practice with those unusual pairs of character as one group. Color bar as they called us.

Oh Dear God, why? Doesn’t make my life like a drama enough? Why must you complicated my life further with this pile of jerks?

I told him to worry for himself first and he bragged about having talents and they weren’t a little bit worried about our coming battle. I was like a volcano and erupted.

“While holding onto billion worth instruments and paying expensive lessons, bragging about putting money to the world, isn’t that’s the only thing you know how to do?”

“What about it? I am sorry that we have so much money. Do you have that much?” he retaliate.

Aish this guy. He really don’t know when to step back, just like a rabid dog.

“Why we don’t have it you jerk? We use our voices you stubborn brat. Don’t you know voice is the most powerful instrument?”

He was fuming with anger. I smirked at him.

“Your smart president must know about this didn’t he? I bet right now he’s been hiding and won’t say anything about that.”

“I didn’t know that”, suddenly Ma Joon Hee and his sister approaching us with that arrogant faces of theirs.

“Sorry I didn’t think ahead. Everything should be fair.” He said again and ordered us, all colorbar members to gather at auditorium later.

So here we are. Waiting for something he demanded to show us earlier. Eun Ha and Se Yi arrived a little bit later when they started to play their violin. With Hyo Rin standing at the centre.  Only Kim Nana wasn’t here.

Ugh, same old same old. Doesn’t they get bored repeating the same music sheet everyday?

I was about to walk away when I heard the most beautiful voice ever. It was soft but powerful, clean and stable voice emanating inside the auditorium. I turn back and see Hyo Rin smirked at me. She looked so contented, like they already defeated us. Well I won’t dare to say otherwise. Joon hee then accompanied her beautiful voice with piano sound. I swear it was beautiful, classy and elegant. I hate to admit but that was it.

To think back, yes, Se Yi can sing however she had limited vocal range. Do Kyung absolutely can hit high notes but he too worked up with whatever it is that makes him unconfident about his own talent. I wish I could push him forward to get out of his comfort bubble and give his all. Me myself has limited vocal range. Eun Ha? I never heard her singing before, thus I don’t know if she simply can’t sing or she was too timid to sing. But considering her personality, I think first option suited her more.

Next choice, Do Nam..? No, his voice tone was too low. He won’t hit those high notes cleanly. Sun woo? I would rather not to include him in our little group. I still think he is a spy, eventhough I know he have remarkable voice range. Heck, he can even play musical for all I care. That was how good he is. Last but not least. I almost forget about her. She was there but she won’t contribute anything. Aghh, I think I am going crazy.

 

“Is this fair now?” Ma Joon He asked me. Damn this guy. All this time they keep on playing those expensive instruments I never knew Hyo Rin has such a beautiful voice. Sun woo this jerk. Why don’t he tell us Hyo rin can sing this well. I must give him one or two punch later.

Suddenly the door pushed open and reveal Teacher Dok. I can’t believe the news she brought upon us. It was like trying to kills us twice. Vice principal will be the judge for our battle despite of earlier plan to have several teachers to be the judges. Everyone knows how vice principal favor all for one.

We walked back to class lifelessly. There I saw Sun woo and Nana. My rage erupted.

Sun Woo was packing his things inside his bag.

“You know Hyo Rin can sing right?” I asked him.

“Hyo rin? Yeah.” He said nonchalantly.

“Why won’t you tell us anything?” this guy really need a beating.

“They never used their vocals anyway” he said back

“You’re funny right? Are you really a spy? Is it that important to get on the show?”

 

Sun Woo’s POV

What? Spy? This guy must be kidding me. Didn’t he know why I am involved in this group at the first place? I bet he knew why, but what all this commotion? I don’t understand. How do they knew Hyo Rin can sing?

“The one to apologize is you, why are you blaming Seon  Woo?” Se Yi’s voice resonated through the class.

“What?” Seol Chan try to retaliate.

“You’re the one who mention about singing to them. You make them want to challenge us. What now?” Se Yi’s angry voice scolded him.

I want to laugh to his face.

“Yah, now isn’t the time to bicker with each other. What do we do?” Eun Ha asked, panicking.

“If they do orchestra and singing, that’s the end for us. We’re no match for them.” Do Kyung said then.

“But still let’s use power vocal. We just need to change the order.” Seol Chan said.

I don’t even know what he means by that. Don’t tell me he want to push Se Yi to reach those high notes?

I steal glances at Nana. She still wears that poker face. As if she was not affected at all.

 

*********************

We all gather at Mr Han’s basement. As I expected, he tries to push Se Yi. Se Yi’s at the verge of crying, can’t push her voice anymore. If this continues I afraid Se Yi will lose her voice.

“Yah, Yeon Seol Chan!”

“Spy, stay out of this!” he said back not even looking at me.

I was so angry, I keep on summoning my strength not to fight him this instance.

 

Kim Nana’s POV

This is a mess.

Seol Chan keeps on pushing Se Yi. Se Yi was about to cry.

Sun woo was on the edge. If this continues Seol Chan will be beaten to pulp by president. But, it’s not his style to resort to violence.

“Yah, open your throat” He said.

“How do I do that?” she asked him back.

“Put more strength in the stomach and open your throat!” Seol Chan giving instruction like a vocal teacher.

“How exactly do I do that?” she asked again.

“Yah! You can’t even do that?” he sounded annoyed.

“I can’t” she said back.

The atmosphere very tensed. I hate this kind of atmosphere. I want to run away. This reminded me of my parents’ arguments, disagreement. This is the reasons why I always wander around.

Eun Ha suggests for us to take a break. Seol Chan step outside. Se Yi take a seat after standing for like forever. Sun woo give that look to her. That hurt look, the I can’t-stand-to-see-your-tears-anymore look.  I choose to be in my own world. I hate this kind of atmosphere the most. Can’t I just ran away? This is suffocating me. I heard noises like they are discussing something. I don’t care. I just hopes that all of this to end. Why can’t we just let all for one to perform? Isn’t they were supposed to do this initially? I really want to go back to my sanctuary.

“Break is over” Seol Chan said and started to push Se Yi again. I never thought I would say this but I really feel bad for her. He keeps on scolding her. But scolding won’t make it change. Se Yi just simply screaming right now and honestly it hurts everybody’s ears.

Again Sun woo tries to stop Seol Chan from further torturing Se yi.

“Yah stupid! I cant do this!” Se Yi exploded and pick up her belonging, storms out from the basement.

There’s despair in each and everyone’s face.

Seol Chan then chased Se Yi. I can listen the sound of us breaking apart. Nothing can put us together.

He looked at me. I turned away, never really care what will happen. I will just quietly go through this. I need to. I need to graduate to get away from the mob boss.

Sun woo then approached me. I followed him outside. I guess there’s something he was going to say, but I don’t know what it is.

“Wae?” I am too lazy to deeply involved in these things. I just need a break from all of this.

I think I need your help he said.

Why do I need to help him?

“You know you can help right?” I throw him what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about-face.

“You asked me then what I see in you. I think I saw something. I thought you would prefer if I know nothing so I pretend not to notice anything. But then things became like this.” He said then. He really knows how to play with words.

“I don’t know what are you talking about.” I paused for a while.

“Let’s say I can help, why should I help Min Se Yi?”

“Not help Min Se Yi, instead you need to help our team. We are one team at the end”

Uri..those simple yet powerful word. Our, Us, sounds so beautiful coming out of his mouth. I was swayed a little.

“Sorry, but I have nothing to help you with. I can’t sing and I don’t play instruments.” That was my final decision. I hate attention. I prefer to have my peaceful life away from those judging eyes.

I thought he understood when he keep his silence for a while, but he grab my wrist and dragged me inside. He was rough and those gesture were far from loving ones but I can’t help feels butterfly in my stomach to our skinship. Damn this guy, always make me weak.

“What are you doing?” I tried to protest. He picked up his guitar and sit down on one of the stool. I tried to run away after he let go of my wrist. But then he played the song. My favorite song; the song that always reminded me of him, because I always hope that someday we can sing the song together, just like how the lyric goes. My feet frozen and I can’t take another step. His honey-like voice resonate in the basement. Damn his sweet voice, damn him, damn all those good things about him. Why am I so pathetic around him?

~Geudae naege dagaonayo (are you approaching me)

Geudae, ijen nae saram ingayo (are you my person now)

Naega mani meomut georyeodo (even if I hesitate a lot)

Gakkeum hime gyeoweodo (even if it’s hard at times)

Nareul jikyeo jullaeyo (will you protect me still?)

 

It was as if he was speaking to me. I can’t breathe. This is suffocating.

Geudae, ijen nae saramieyo (you are my person now)

Geudae maeum apeun iri saenggyeodo (even if there’s something that pains your heart)

Nae saram,na-e sarang maneuro (you’re my person so with my love)

Utge haejulsu itjyo (all I can do is make you smile)

Ije geokjong marayo (now don’t worry anymore)

Nae saram (my person)

 

Bull. I will never be his person.

 

Nae sarang (My love)

Neo boda doe sojunghan (you, who is more precious than myself)

Geudaege naege gidae swil su itdorok (you can lean and rest on me)

Jikilgeyo, I moseub areum daun I sunggan sarangeuro

(I will protect you, you and this beautiful moment with love)

Uri yeongwonhi hamkke (lets be together forever)

Oenjekka ji na hamkke haeyo (lets be together always)

 

. My tears are collecting. I felt like he was talking to me, singing the song for me. But I know better it wall all just my wishful thinking. Why do I seem cant refused any of his requests? I thought I am stronger than this. Kim Nana, get your together. He didn’t mean any of that.

 

“You know the rest of the song, right? He asked me.

I am still in trance. I can’t hear a thing after he sings the song. I felt like he was whispering things, sweet things just for me. Kim Nana, get back to your senses. He loves Min Se Yi. Ergo everything he done is for her sake.

He focus back to his guitar. Continue from where he left off just now.

“Singing alone will be hard for you” he said then. I can’t really comprehend what he’s trying to say. Did he listen to my singing earlier this afternoon? Is that how he knows I might be can help?

Geudae, ijen nae gyeoto issoyo (you are by my side now)~~

“Kim Nana…” he calls my name when I didn’t utter a word.

He started to play his guitar again. I still in dazed. Should i? Why should i? I don’t want to.

He stopped playing when I am not singing anything.

For a moment there was a complete silence.

 

~hangsang, malgeun nareun anira haedo (eventhough every day might not be bright outside)

He then started to play his guitar when I started to sing. Out of my control, I am singing. I sing my heart out. He joins me.

Nae saram, na-e sarang maneuro (you’re my person, so with my love)

Utge haejulsu itjyo (all I can do is make you smile)

Ije geokjoeng marayo (don’t worry anymore)

Nae saram (my person)

Nae sarang((my love)

Neo boda doe sojunghan (you, who is more precious than myself)

Geudaege naege gidae swil su itdorok (you can lean and rest on me)

Jikilgeyo, I moseub areum daun I sunggan sarangeuro

(I will protect you, you and this beautiful moment with love)

Uri yeongwonhi hamkke (lets be together forever)

Oenjekka ji na hamkke haeyo (lets be together always)

Sarangae biga ogo barame heundellyeodo (even if it rains on our love, and it shakes in the wind)

Hamkke gyeondyeo naegetjyo(we will win it together)

Nae saram, nae sarangi nikka(because you are my person, my love)

Uri hamkke nikka (because we are together)

Geudae ~ (you)

Na boda deo sojunghan (who is more precious than myself)

Geudae naege gidae swilsu itdoreok (you can leanon me and rest)

Jikilgyeo I moseub, areumdaun I sunggan sarangeuro(I will protect you, you and this beautiful moment with love)

Uri yeongwonhi hamkke (let’s be together forever)

Onjekka jina hamkke haeyo (let’s be together always)

Dangshineun na-e sarang (you are ~~ my love)

 I think we harmonized well. How I wish all those words are true.

 

Sun Woo’s POV

I tried very hard to make her sing. If she can sing at least we have a little bit of hope. She has such a powerful and beautiful voice. I wonder why she hid such a talent. I almost gave up when she shows no signs that she will joined me. But then, there she is. The most beautiful voice I ever heard. Her husky and clean voice resonated through the basement. I can feel all other members jaw drop to the floor with this revelations. She is so talented. We make such a beautiful harmony. It makes me happy and my heart flutters when I think that she opens up to us. I keep on reminiscing the moment I followed her earlier this afternoon. There’s a tug in my heart when I heard her voice. She’s special but she always so closed up.

There’s a big applause after we ended our duet. They all praised her. She makes me smile at how cute her is. But her expression was not so good. Oh, I remembered the card she left out. The very card that gave me the chance to listen to her singing. I gave her back. She was stunted. She must realized then how do I know her hidden talent.

***********

 We gather the next day in class after during break.

Seol Chan announced that we didn’t need power vocal. It make almost all of us jumped. He didn’t know since he left early yesterday. He must feels guilty towards Se yi to make him make such a decision.

We gather at the basement later that day. Nana shows him what she got and that stupid jerk can’t contain his smile. I swear his mouth could rip if he keeps on smiling that way.

Suddenly he hugged her. Not once but twice. And he said that she was from the heaven. Did he think Nana is an angel or what? I couldn’t help but feels a little bit annoyed.

There’s something doesn’t feel right when I saw him hugged her. Yeah, it can be friendly hug but still, I find myself hate that hug.

Fortunately she throws him a powerful punch, as powerful as her voice and her character.

Yokshii, there’s uri Nana. Nana, I am proud of you.

He then dragged her outside, where there’s an old piano sit. Kyu Dong tells Se Yi that I am the one who recognized Nana’s talent.

Se Yi’s smiled at me. My heart instantly become happy and flowery. I feels like spring.

The rest of practice went smoothly.

 

Kim Nana’s POV

We attend class as usual. Teacher Dok remind us that the battle will take place in the auditorium tomorrow at 3 pm. We were getting ready to go back home when I received a phone call from none other the mob boss. He demanded for me to attend some party. I refused to go. I hate to be involved with their underworld business. But he doesn’t seem to understand.

We are on our way to the basement as planned for final practice.

I was absorbed in my own thoughts as we walked there.  I keep on thinking just until when I have to endure torturous life like this? Living as a Mob’s Boss daughter really isn’t easy. I am always the target of other side of gang. They’ll kidnap, torture and even want to kill me to hurt my dad.  Sometime I can understand why dad always sent those black suited guys to get me, but then I really despise them.

Suddenly I was dragged inside our black sedan by two of my father’s men.

“Nana yah..” Se Yi’s voice was the last thing I heard as our car speed away.

We arrived at our room salon a little while later. They dragged me inside. How I despise this routine. They ushered me to our most expensive room. I don’t know what are they planning right now.

One of my father’s man open the door and instructed me to get inside. I saw my father sitting inside with one other handsome ahjushi. Never seen him before but he doesn’t look like a gangster to me. He seems neat but his aura he emitted, much more scarier compared to mobs I have encountered previously.

They both look at me once I step inside the room. Their contented smile scared me. What are both of them planning? Why do I feel like it was something regarding me? I was still standing in front of the door when I heard a familiar voice. It just I can say that I don’t really like that voice.

I turn around and I hate my quick witted self. Why am I always correct. And the more important point is why he’s here?

“Ma….. Ma Joon Hee? Why are you here?” I asked him in confusion.

He just give me that devilish smirk and I become more confused than ever.

“So you both know each other. Our plan will be perfect than.” Said the unknown handsome ahjushi. I turn and see him smile. Come to think of it, he did resemble Ma Joon Hee a lot, or should I say Ma Joone Hee did take after him a lot.

Sol ma…..please, don’t tell me this ahjussi is his father?

He bow a little and gesture man behind me to sit beside him. I am beyond shock. My father just carved a little smile and grab my wrist to sit beside him. The rest of discussion was basically discussing about the date, venue and how many guest should we invite. I was like, what is happening? I looked at their faces trying to look for answers. I started to panic when I think I roughly get the idea.

“Abeoji, what’s the meaning of all this?”  I was enraged.

“Didn’t you demand so that you can get out of the house after your graduation? This is your way out.” He stated nonchalantly.

I was speechless, but why Ma Joon Hee seems so relax with the idea? Didn’t he despise the idea of forced marriage?

“What is this rubbish?” I can’t help being super duper mad with this absurd plan.

How I wish Ma Joon Hee will step up and object to this plan. He hated this as much as me for all I know.

“I refused to get married this early. I just want to be away from you and your dirty life. Ma Joon Hee! Why didn’t you say anything? I don’t think you like this idea.” I tried to make him take part as well.

He just smiled at me handsomely, but I really hate his smile.

“Ahjussi, can I have a private moment with your daughter?” he asked my father.

He dragged me outside to adjacent room after gain permission from my father.

“Just play along.” He said once we are alone.

“Why should I?” I retaliate. I shot daggers at him. If looks could kill I swear he would be dead by now.

He stares me down and keep on coming on me. I take a step back until I was caught between him and the infamous wall. ! Why must I trapped like a damsel in distress like those stupid melodrama heroine?

“Feisty.. just the way I like” he whispers to me. His breath tickles my ear. He’s too close to my comfort. I tried to push him away but to no avail. I didn’t know he had done any work out cause all I know he’s one of those elite guy who always be with his instruments and keeping their grade. He was as hard as the wall behind me. He didn’t even budge. And I am no loser or the weak. He’s really strong.

I started to panic but I keep my poker face on.

“What do you want?” I tried to distract him.

“Well, it was simple actually. My father need underground connection for the sake of his company, which your father could provide and your father need somewhere safe to keep his lovely daughter. Isn’t this win-win situation? Nobody would dare to hurt you if you were married to our family.” He said with that evil face of him.

“And why would you comply to a plan that doesn’t give you any advantage?” I challenged him.

“Why do you assume I have no advantage in this situation?” he asked me. He stares right into my eyes and smirk. I swear I would have thought that he actually like me if I didn’t know better. That will be far from truth. But his face keeps on coming close to mine. Our nose already touched. The rrom become silenced. Our heartbeats were the only thing I can hear in that instance. Please God help me run away from this devil. Just a split second before our lips touched I kneed him in the groin and make a run. I ran as fast as I could aiming for the main entrance. I hope nobody chased after me, but his scream after that alerted my father’s men.

I quickened my pace hoping I would reach the speed of light: I hope to escape from this hell. I just want to run and vanished from this dysfunctional world when I bumped into something; or should I say someone? This scent, I know this scent. And I was shocked beyond believe when I saw who’s in front of me.

Ah, why must I caught in this most embarrassing moment of my life? Why was I caught by him?

“Kim Nana?” he called my name. His honey-like sweet voice is calling for me. But that look on his face, I don’t know. I was just so embarrassed I hope the earth open up a hole and gulp me inside. I refused to go out ever again.

“Catch her!” I heard someone scream. I start to run again but someone grab my hand and tried to drag me back inside.

“What are you doing? Hey! She’s a high school student. Can’t you see?” he defended me. He stand up for me. I can’t hear anything after that, but the next thing I know is they start fighting with my father’s men. Do Nam, Sun Woo and Se Yi. Even Seol Chan who arrived a little bit later all of them fight for me.

In this chaos the only coward thing I could do is ran away.

I ran to my sanctuary. I need some time to be alone. Hell, why must my life be so complicated?