#1: The Corner

Chanwoo's Blog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanwoo’s Blog Entry #1 : The Corner

 

Chanwoo’s POV

After an awkward encounter and an annoying mock trial event, I headed for the cafeteria. Hey, ya’ll. It’s your boy Jung Chanuwu. It’s the Monday for the Culture Festival, and I just got out of the “courtroom”, or whatever did Yunhyeong call it. I’ll let him be, he’s so soft that he’ll get hurt once he finds out that I slandered him. Anyway, as I was saying, I headed for the cafeteria where I’m bound to meet my two best friends, Hwang Eunbi(tch) and  Moon Bin(ator) to come there before we head down to Burger King, the place where I saw her.

Well, not exactly Burger King, but the café right in front of it, Jillian’s. Jillian’s is a famous place around campus, and it’s well-known for the good toast and the amazing coffee. I heard they got the beans from Africa.

Anyway, the girl. She’s pretty, and I swear I’ve seen her somewhere before – but she sat in front of me and she was crying. Up until now, I don’t know what made her cry, but it was the after-crying glow that I saw in her.

“Jung Chanwoo, you’re actually THINKING?!” I snapped back to reality when I heard Eunbi’s coarse voice. Looks like I’ve been out of it for a while.

I narrowed my eyes in confusion. Her voice sounds weird. “Hwang Eunbi, what happened to you voice?”

She frowned. “Must be the slurpee I got from 7-11 and then the cheering we did for the basketball team.” Oh, right, Eunbi has a third-year crush and he’s a part of the basketball team. “Anyway, Burger King, my fave hoes?”

Bin and I nodded and then we headed to Burger King, of course. It’s actually our favourite place to eat at. When we were children, this is where Eunbi and I first met, and then when we were in 5th grade, this is where we first found Bin. It brings back lots of memories to the three of us, and since we were in middle school, we made it a thing to eat here after exams end.  We ordered our go-to comfort food, and went to our usual booth. It’s Pizza Burger, in case ya’ll missed it.

“So, how was your day?” Bin asked both of us as Eunbi stuffed burger into , queuing me to go first. “Never mind Eunbi.”

“It was thrilling.” Note the sarcasm.

“Doesn’t sound thrilling to me.” When Eunbi realized what I just said, her eyes went wide and so did Bin’s. It’s a thing. We would say ‘It was thrilling’ with a sarcastic tone when we would spill something, and of course I’m going to spill something. The last time I was interested in a girl was middle school, and it’s Bin’s older sister who’s getting married in three months! “OMFG.”

“Spill it.” Both of them chorused and I smiled a little.

“I met a girl- ”

“Holy , you’re not gay?!” I shot Eunbi a glare then she smiled. “Go ahead, continue.”

This time, Bin interrupted. “So who’s the girl?”

“Here’s the thing, I don’t know the girl.”

Then it was quiet in our booth, I can’t even hear Eunbi’s chewing. “So this is the first time you meet a girl in – mind you, -- years, and you didn’t get the name?!”

I raised my hands in defense. “I have a photo, though, but it’s her backside!”

Bin, the dating guy, crossed his arms and frowned. “Show us.” I succumbed and gave them my phone with the photo. When Bin saw it, his frown gotten deeper, I think he doesn’t know her. But when he passed it to Eunbi, her expression is vaguely different.

“What?” I asked her.

“Chanwoo, this is Eunwoo, my classmate. Remember the girl I go to class with in the morning? She was also in Bob’s vlog.”

Oh, right! Her! No wonder she looked familiar. “But wait, she was crying a while ago.”

Now, Eunbi narrowed her eyes in confusion. “Don’t you want to know?”

Do I want to know?

Chanwoo’s Blog

-- The Corner --  

Hello! Welcome to the first entry! In case you missed it, it’s your boy Chanwoo and my blog. Yein introduced me to blogging because she wants to get me off of her hands. Anyway, my best friends began teaching me the ways, so I’m trying this on my own. Let’s start with this one. The Corner. It was a few days before the Culture Festival, the ending festival in our university.

Geez, I woke up late and GUESS WHAT? KIM BOB, MY BROTHER, LEFT THE BREAD IN THE OVEN TOASTER. SO WHAT DID I GET FOR BREAKFAST? A BROWN B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter