Part I: tummy and baby

Joy
Please log in to read the full chapter
One fine Sunday afternoon, the Kangs are having a family time in their living room. Joohyun sitting comfortably in their plushy couch, her eyes are fixed on their flat screen TV. How I Met Your Mother is playing on marathon, they’re broadcasting the 8th season today. Her hand absentmindedly caressing her baby bump. It is so big now compared to her petite figure. Her back is constantly hurting, her feet swollen, baby kicks all day every day and even when she sleeps at night. Not forgetting her weird cravings that almost drive Seulgi nuts.

Her weirdest craving was Ganjang-gejang, soy sauce marinated soft-shell crabs, at three in the morning. Honestly speaking, Seulgi almost smashed her own head to the nearest wall because of that. She’d rather have an amnesia and just forget everything than to think and look for those damn crabs around Seoul at three.

Where the hell she could get those crabs at three in the morning? No convenient stores sell those, seafood stores or restaurants were closed during that time. So she tried her best for that with her barely functioning brain. The younger drove to the nearest convenient store to get some crabsticks and just cooked it with soy sauce at home. She almost died that night because Joohyun saw the stupid crabsticks, but thankfully not. She got a huge blue spot on her thigh, though, and had to make it up to her wife at noon that day. Joohyun’s due is in four weeks, approximately, or according to Dr. Jeon, so that’s probably why s are getting weirder and testing her patience.

 

“Baby, I hope you’re good and healthy inside your mother’s tummy ‘cause God.. things I’d do for you and your mother,” Seulgi often thinks to herself at times when Joohyun’s episodes of weird cravings strike again. 

 

It’s almost 2 pm, little Sooyoung is sitting on Seulgi's lap on the floor. She is happy because she had a cheeseburger and fries for lunch and some ice cream after scamming Seulgi so she could have it. The little one’s back resting against her mother's front, her hands fiddling with a puzzle piece. Sooyoung furrows an eyebrow as she tries to put the piece on where she thinks it’s the right place.

 

"Why won't it go there?" she wonders in annoyed manners, her little fingers forcing the puzzle piece to fit.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter