Chapter 1

My Confused Heart

Kan’s POV

“KIM KIBUM I WILL KILL YOU!!!” Minra shouted after throwing all her things including the chocolate I gave her.

“Oh, what’s with throwing your stuffs? And… don’t you know that chocolate is expensive?” I said trying to calm her down.

“Talking about that chocolate? I can pay it, Kan!” she replied with a smirk.

Seriously I have no idea what happened between him and the transfer student, there’s only one thing for sure. That Kim Kibum did something to make her boil like this.

“What’s the matter here? Having a fight?” and there our next teacher for today entered the room.

“Ah…Hwang-sonsaengnim, Kan and Minra just bumped to each other accidentally. They are not fighting. Everything is fine,” Minjoo explained trying to hide the truth. She even sent our teacher a fake smile.

“Alright. Minra-shi please fix your things and let’s start the lesson. Oh, Young…I mean Kan help her to make it faster.” Our teacher said.

“Who said I need you help?!” I heard Minra’s whisper while we are fixing her things.

“Talking about me?” I whispered back.

“Not you, dummy!” she replied with a glare.

“Then…who?” I whispered again.

“Who? Stupid!” she said as she threw the chocolate bar back to me.

She went to her seat and so do I. She’s just sitting on the chair next to me, specifically on my left side. AJ is supposed to be on my right but I don’t know where is he.

From my view, I can see that Minra is throwing glares to her twin sister. Is she the person she’s talking about? And oh, I remember… what’s up with Kim Kibum?

I looked at him and I’m telling you…he’s like the other students in our class. Wearing eye glasses, taking down notes, and so into the lecture. Oh wait… I think I’m wrong. She looked at Minra. I’m sure of it!! Oh she looked at her again!

“Kan, do you want to say anything to our new student here?” the teacher asked me making me shocked, I didn’t noticed I was drowned on watching him and I’m pointing at him now. Aish…

“Ah, nothing! I…I just noticed a…”

“A bug was on his uniform,” Minra cut in.

Woah~! I can really give all my praises to her when it comes to excuses.

“A…bug?” the new student looked at us, surprised.

“But it’s gone now,” Minra cut in, again.

“Enough of that, let’s go to our next topic,” it’s Hwang-sonsaengnim’s turn to cut in.

“Thanks,” I SILENTLY thanked Minra for the favour, but she just ignored me.

I’m almost on the point of listening when Minjoo-shi destructed me. She looked back on us, me and her sister. I became more destructed when I saw her mouthed the words ‘What’s that?’ I followed where she is looking at and I want to have the same reactions too.

‘What’s that, Minra?’

Minra’s POV

‘Stupid Kim Kibum! I will kill you, I promised you that! You ruined my day!! You made Jung-sonsaengnim ashamed me, not by scolding me in front of my classmates but being compared to my sister in front of them!! Aish…’

Only half of the period was used. I still need to keep my emotions for an hour! You old woman at the front, go away! I won’t forget what that guy, KIM KIBUM, he’s the cause of all of these!

===flashback===

“J…just follow me. But don’t go near me!” I said without looking at him.

“Thanks,” he replied while bowing his head.

I started walking and I know he’s following me. This kinda makes me irritated. I’m not used of it. I’m not used of being followed by a stupid person.

I can see the school gate from my place. I walked faster not caring about the person behind me.

‘Faster! Faster! Don’t let other person see you walking with him!’ I said on my own.

But before we reached the school gate, I pulled this Kim Kibum guy on the nearest plant bushes.

“Now, we’re here. Don’t even try to talk to me anymore, understand? And act as if you don’t know me!” I said as cleared as I can.

“W…why?” he asked.

I didn’t answer and just leave. But then, again…

“Wait, I don’t know where my class room is,” he pulled my arm.

“Aaah! What kind of person are you? Go to the school office and asked those s@#%s there!” I’m so disgusted now.

“But I don’t know where’s the school office too,” he begged for the hundredth time.

I just let go of a deep sigh and close my eyes trying not to burst. As I open my eyes, I saw Jessica walking alone.

‘Jessica, you’re such a big help this time, ONLY THIS TIME!’ I thought.

“Why are you smirking?” the Kim Kibum guy asked.

I just ignored him, pulled his collar and walked towards Jessica.

“Yah Jessica!” I called the queen of whatever thing.

“Trying to make my day better, Minra-shi?” she said. You won’t make me mad that way, witch!

“I guess. Look, this guy. I guess he needs your help. Good luck!” I let go of his collar and immediately leave them with their puzzled faces.

“Oh, and before I forget, try to ask for others help. Making two dumb people together won’t be a good idea I guess, but I have no choice so, bye!” I teased without turning back.

===end of flashback===

Grrrr!! I’m getting angrier every time that incident crossed my mind.

And this oh-so-nice girl in front of me, ‘You just made everything more in vain!’

I can’t control my feelings anymore, that’s why I’m torturing my lecture notepad now with my pen.

“What’s that?!” Minjoo whispered as she looked back and saw the ripped papers of my notepad.

I just looked at her for some seconds and shrugged my shoulders.

“Stop it!” Minjoo commanded.

“This,” I mouthed while pointing at the tortured notepad.

“is Kim Kibum,” I continued while nodding my head and sending her a smirk.

Her eyes gone bigger then she faced her back onto me.

‘Why is she acting scared? As if she knows that Kim Kibum…’

---lunch break---

Minjoo’s POV

Our last teacher for morning classes just went out. I get my bag and took out my lunch. I wonder what is Minra’s plan for her lunch. I turned around to see her only to find out that she just stood up.

“Hey let’s look for AJ at the field,” she called for Kan.

Kan quickly stood up.

“Minra, where will you eat lunch?” I asked my sister.

She paused and looked at me for a while. I was waiting for her answer but she just shrugged her shoulders again then walked towards the door, as Kan followed her.

Key was about to go out of the room that time too but when he, Minra and Kan was all near the door, Key made some few steps backward. I saw Minra glance at him but still she continued to walk with Kan. And Key, he was left pale.

‘What did really happen between them?’ I thought.

Aigoo… I don’t want any troubled to happened involving my sister. I think I should do something.

I ate my lunch while thinking of some possible things happened between Minra and Key. Also, I’m thinking on how I should make the two be friends. Or not really friends…an acquaintance at least.

Could it be that Minra knew him since then? And she had a fight with him? And so Minra is angry that Key transferred here in our school?

But it’s impossible! Key came from Daegu. We’ve never been there.

Oh, what if Key is a Math Quizzer and he had a competition with Minra when we’re elementary?

Aigoo…but I don’t think I saw Key in some Math Quiz Bees. And I forgot, he took his elementary in America.

I touched my forehead since my head seems to be so drained thinking about how my sister met Key.

“Are you fine?” Krystal’s voice shocked me.

“You shocked me…” I replied her with a smile.

“Oh I’m sorry,” she apologized.

“It’s okay. I’m just joking. Finished with you lunch?”

“Yeah. Still thinking about your sister?”

I just nod my head.

“Look. I’m curious too why is she angry to the new student, but that doesn’t mean we should give all our attentions to that,” she explained her side.

“I was just worried. Because…” I sighed.

“Because of what?” she asked.

"Because I don’t want my sister to be involved in troubles. Also for the new student, Key. He seemed so nice, he’s not worth of being in a mess.” I replied.

“Then why do you keep on staying here?” she asked me.

“What do you mean?” I asked her back. Honestly, I didn’t get what she is talking about.

“Go find her before she found AJ and seek some help on how to make that Key lost!” She clarified.

‘Oh yes. She has a point.’ I slapped my forehead, feeling so dumb for not thinking about it.

“Thanks Krystal! You sure is the best!” I pinched her cheeks and hurriedly run out of the class.

I need to find Kan and Minra before the found AJ. But, where could they be?

I first checked the school park near our building, but they weren’t there. All I saw were dating couples, including Jessica and Seunghyun.

Then I went to school canteen. Maybe they are having their lunch. All the tables and chairs were occupied, but I didn’t see their faces. After scanning all the students and found nothing, I quickly made my way to the canteen entrance but then I bumped on a familiar girl, Im Yoona.

“Hey! Be careful…” as expected, she will throw tantrums to me.

“I’m sorry but I’m in a hurry now,” I bowed and leave.

“Yah! Go back here! Yah!” I can still hear her squeals but that doesn’t matter now. I really need to fine my sister.

Next I went to the library, it’s a silent place and they could build their plan there. As I opened the door, I only saw few students inside. Our school library is not that big so I can see the whole even without strolling inside.

“Please close the door,” Onew oppa, a library helper, asked me to close the door.

“Oh, okay. Sorry,” I bowed.

He just smiled at me and continues on his duty. I walked inside and try to see the hidden corners of the library. I saw Siwon oppa and we waved at me. I smiled back then I saw his hand gesture, making me to go near him.

“Why are you here?” he asked as I reached his chair.

“I’m looking for my sister, oppa. By any chance, have you seen her?” I asked him for some help.

“We’re currently studying. Please don’t disturb!” Ryeowook oppa, one of the known school nerd in the school, spoke while covering his face with the big encyclopaedia.

“It’s fine, Wookie!” Siwon oppa told him.

“I’m sorry but I didn’t saw your sister,” Siwon oppa said to me. I saw Ryeowook oppa glared at me.

“Alright. Sorry for disturbances, I’m leaving now.” I bowed to Siwon and Ryeowook oppa.

‘Aigoo…I wonder why Ryeowook oppa is always angry at me?’

Aish Minjoo, don’t think about it for now!

I walked and walked and walked to different areas of the school.

‘School field! It’s where AJ always stay.’

I run all the way to the school field. As I reached it, I look around and tried to find them. I walk some more meters, go to bunch of students, students watching the school players and near shady trees too.

I turned to my left and didn’t saw them. Then to my right but only school scouts were there. I turned to my back and there! I saw them!

I ran but I gradually lessen my speed ‘til I stopped.

‘I guess I’m late,’ I thought to myself.

I realized that Kan and Minra are already talking to AJ. I can also see AJ’s smirks and devilish laughs.

‘What should I do?’