Reminiscences

Gone

“Mr. Choi!” The little girl with short black hair said as she pulled my sleeve. We were outside in the playground. I had to substitute for a teacher on recess. Don’t these people know that just because I’m a P.E. teacher does not mean I don’t have class.

“What’s wrong Minji?” I turned my attention from the children on the on the soccer field to the little girl.

“It’s Bom she’s bleeding!” she said as she pulled me towards her friend’s direction. I saw the girl she was talking about in the ground holding her knee crying.

“Bom what’s wrong sweetie?” I asked her and she looked up at me with tears running down her face.

“I fell and my knee hurts.” She cried out, and I saw that she was bleeding. I picked her up bridal style to not make the pain worse on her and turned to Minji.

“Minji tell Ms. Park I’m going to take Bom to the nurse.”

“Ok Mr. Choi.” She started running towards the slides opposite of our direction as I made my way back into the school. As I was carrying her and saw her crying I couldn’t help but to think about Kibum. I frowned at the thought of him crying earlier this morning.

~~~

Key woke up from his sleep and stretched. He was exhausted from all the crying he had done earlier. He stood up and walked towards the kitchen. He took a deep breath and pulled out all the ingredients he needed to bake the cake he was going to make.

“Jjong this is your last chance” Key said to himself as he started to prepare the cake.

~~~

“There feel better?”

“Yeah,” Bom sniffed “thanks Mr. Choi.”

“Now recess is over so go to your class now” I smiled at her as she got of the bed.

She wiped away her remaining tears and smiled as she walked out of the nurse’s room. She left the room and I was left there thinking of how Kibum was doing. I should probably call him.

……….

“Minho.” ah that voice just melts me. Sounds like he’s better

“Hey, Kibum how are you feeling?”

“Great Minho, I think I found a way to solve my problem” Kibum practically shouted. I was suddenly saddened by his comment but didn’t let it be heard.

“That’s great Kibum. What did you do?”

“I’ll tell you when I receive the results, but I have to let you go I can’t tear myself away from this cake I’m baking.”

“Oh. Ok, Kibum take care.”

“Thanks Minho, you too.” I heard the line go dead as I wondered why Kibum was baking a cake.

“Aish Key what could you be planning?” I asked as I ran my hand through my hair.

~~~

ONEW’S POV

“Hyung!” I smiled. I was in the kitchen cooking breakfast for us.

“Yes Tae.” I answered him as I turned to face him. He went to the refrigerator looking for his banana milk.

“Did you remember to get Jonghyun hyung’s birthday present?” I face palmed myself. I thought I had another week. He found his milk and immediately opened it.

“No baby.” I said it low enough to where he could hear and turned to finish breakfast as I heard one last gulp.

“Onew!” I jumped at the sound of my name and turned to face him.

“I kept reminding you for a week straight and you still forgot.” He was mad but his face was so cute. I had to keep back a chuckle.

“Mianhae, baby I’ll go get it after work.”

“Yeah you better. Now feed me!” He demanded and went to sit in the table. I finished cooking and set the plates of food in front of us. I saw him pouting and I gave him a quick peck.

“Babo.” He muttered before he started eating.

“Aw come on Taemin don’t be mad. I love you.” I said. He smiled and crinkled his nose.

“I’m not mad; you just know how Key hyung is. I mean he never forgets our birthday and he gives us great presents too.” I gave him my million dollar smile and he chuckled. I kissed his cheek as he kept eating the food I made. I was so lucky to have him.

~~~

“Ah perfect.” Key stated as he finished the icing on the cake.

He got the box prepared and set the cake inside the cake box. He closed the lid and started writing on the lid with a marker carefully making sure to not push hard where it messed up the cake. Key then turned and frowned at the site of the mess he made.

“Aish, what a mess!” Key yelled as he started cleaning up.

………..

Key finished washing the last few dishes in his island sink and looked up at the table in front of him holding the cake he made. Key smiled to himself as he turned slightly to the right to a picture frame holding a picture of Jonghyun kissing Keys cheek near the television in the living room. Key sighed and turned to his left towards his bedroom. He entered his bedroom directly going to his walk-in closet. Even though it was big enough for both of them to share Key managed to take over it. Key chuckled at how little space he left Jonghyun. Key picked out his clothes and changed. Key made a left towards his bed when he left his closet. He lay down on Jonghyun’s side of the bed and rested his head on his pillow. He turned to his side and smelling his pillow. Key closed his eyes as he took in Jonghyun's scent and sighed.

Key was looking out from the patio as Jonghyun was looking at Kibum through the living room window. Jonghyun was talking to a man inside, about the apartment. Jonghyun shook the man’s hand and opened the door to the patio and walked towards Key. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Key’s waist and rested his chin on Key’s shoulder.

“What do you think of the place baby?”

“It’s beautiful Jjong but I don’t understand why you brought me here if you’re the one that going to live in it.”

“No baby it’s not going to be just me. It’s going to be you too.”

“What do you mean Jjong?” Jonghyun took out a small box from his pocket and kneeled on the ground. He took Key’s hand and opened the box.

“Will you marry me Key?” Kibum gasped and put his hand in his mouth. His eyes started watering as Jonghyun took out the ring and placed it in his ring finger. Key shook his head yes and Jonghyun stood up.

“Yes of course I will!” Key exclaimed as he hugged Jonghyun tightly and kissed him.

“Welcome to your new home.” Jonghyun said.

Key then opened his eyes looking at the alarm clock on Jonghyun’s night stand and realized the time. Key sat up and stretched he went out through his bedroom door that took him to the patio. Key loved the view they had up there it was. Key then looked at his hand and saw the ring around his finger. He shivered as he remembers the memory he dreamt about. He turned towards the living room to get the box in the dining room. He walked towards the door looked once more before he sighed. He closed and locked the door as he left his apartment.

…………

Key stepped out of the bus at his stop. Even though Jonghyun’s building was two blocks away from the street. Key didn’t mind walking to Jonghyun’s work he always liked looking at the scenery.

………..

The elevator came to a halt and the doors opened on its designated floor. Key stepped out and started walking towards Jonghyun’s office. The place looked almost deserted except for some people working from afar considering that work was over. Key saw that Jonghyun’s secretary was not at her desk and sighed. SeKyung something was her name Key didn’t like her one bit. She was always mean to him when he would bring Jonghyun his lunch. To make it worse it seemed that she was always in Jonghyun’s office with him. Key didn’t like this and got into an argument with her. Jonghyun came in between them and was always on her side. Key shook his head as he passed the secretary’s desk. Key was about to knock on the door which was slightly cracked until he heard noises behind the door. Key froze as he heard the sounds of pants and moans. Key slightly opened the door enough to see who was inside. Key gasped then whispered.

“Jong?”

~~~

 

A/N: well its the weekend and I don't have any more big assignments for a while..  =D Hope you enjoyed it.