Beginning

Eternal Youth

It wasn’t supposed to be like this. Yeah, we were getting wild, reckless even; but we were together, and we were happy. It’s just that none of us realized how short-lived that happiness would turn out to be.

 

 

“Hyung, why do you always carry your camera around? It’s gonna get wrecked one of these days and I’m starting to forget what the other half of your face looks like,” Hoseok joked as he stuck his tongue out at the man on the other side of the lens.

Not even bothering to turn the camera off, Jin responded, “I just like watching you guys. Who knows, you might even come crying to me for an alibi in the future.”

Hoseok gasped, hand flying to his chest in mock offense once Jin’s words registered, while the rest of the guys just laughed.

It was times like these that it was easy to forget just how the world spun around them - an ever-continuing delirium where they were constantly chewed up, stomped on, and left behind.

It’s times like these where Yoongi was haphazardly dangling off the couch with Jungkook at his side, a firm grip on his shoulders, but a smile so adoring and carefree, it was almost blinding. Where their home isn’t a floor littered with empty beer cans and a peeling ceiling marred with cigarette smoke, but a home in the form of a solid embrace and a brother to turn to.

It’s times like these where Taehyung was lying outstretched on the abandoned mattress on the floor, almost feline in his position. One arm across his eyes and the other lazily reaching for Namjoon just to nudge him away so he can feign taking a nap, only to pull him closer later on, because its too warm without his shadow.

It’s also times like these where Jimin can finally let out his unrestrained, tinkling laughter. A precious melody that echoed off the walls of the forgotten, dilapidated community pool, all thanks to Hoseok’s screeching that another bug decided to befriend him.

It’s one of the few, treasured moments where his kids, his brothers, his family, didn’t look like they carried the weight of the world, and Jin would be damned if he didn’t capture it all.