Meeting The Polite Gentleman~

Finding A Prince (Editing)

The next morning Shinhye woke up to her appa sitting next to her. He was looking down at his feet, playing with his fingers.

"Appa?" She sat up, and looked at him curiously. "What is it?"

"W-well.." He straightened his silk pajamas, and looked his daughters in the eyes. "I sort of promised the Kim's that you'd think about their youngest son.."

She frowned slightly, and brought her head to one side of her next. She rubbed her eyes, and yawned quietly. "Youngest? Appa, I'm not going to tie the knot with an eight year old," She giggled softly at the silly thought. With her appa, she felt most comfortable. She didn't need to act all princess-y, but she was accustomed to it anyhow.

He chucked rather loudly, and put his hand on her back. "Shinhye! Do you think I'd even agree to letting you think about having a king beside you that's eight?"

She shook her head, a smile growing on her face. "Ne, appa. I'll think about it. If I don't, you'll get in big trouble with the Kim's, right?" She smiled warmly, and patted her dad's hand. Her smile faded, and she looked up at him. "One thing though.."

He looked at her curiously, panicking that she had something more to say about it. "What is it?"

She bit her lip, and looked her dad in the eye. "Appa.." She sat up straighter, and then giggled at his serious expression. "As long as he's not in his teens!"

He slouched a little, and sighed in relief. He laughed along, and shook his head. "He's twenty-two, the same age as you," He sat up straighter, the lightbulb turning on in his mind, "Ah! And his name is Kim Hyun Joong."

"Kim Hyun Joong?" She repeated, and smiled. "Arasso, appa. I believe I have to arrange a personal meeting with him today, then?"

"That's the spirit!" He stood up, and hugged his beloved daughter. "I knew you'd always be loyal to your appa. Take care, and don't forget to bring your guards."

She pouted slightly, "I don't like guards."

"Park Shin Hye, you are Silla's princess, people are going to be swarming at you," He stated, becoming serious. "And possibly might want to kill you," He thought doubtfully, and sighed. "Just bring them, arasso?"

She nodded, and smiled. "Arasso, arasso. Just go, King." She laughed slightly when she called her own dad king.

~

 Shinhye sat on her bed, tapping her chin. "You'll meet plenty of men along the way of meeting Kim Hyun Joong, right, Shinhye?" She sighed, and laid down. She stared up at the ceiling, admiring it's church-like design. "Fate is on your side," She assured herself.

She stood up, and walked to her walk in closet, glancing at her clothes. She chose a beige dress that stopped just above her knees, and quickly found matching shoes, and a purse. She called this casual, but it wasn't. Of course, it was stunning on her.

"Appa!" She called out, her voice echoing throughout the palace. She giggled.

"Shinhye-ya! Who told you to yell?" Amusement filled his voice, and smiled. "You look beautiful," His eyes widened, "Wait! Are you wearing that to meet him? There's too much leg! Anni, anni!"

Shinhye laughed, "Ahh, appa!" She smiled, and curstsied. "Can I just meet him at his mansion, appaaa?~"

"Ah, I didn't think about that," He filed through some papers, and smiled. "Got it! I'll tell the driver the address, go wait in the car."

"Ne, appa!"

~

 Shinhye stared through the window, sighing. She was only doing this to make her appa happy, she didn't want to see frown wrinkles permanent on his face. Her head perked up, and stared at the Kim's house in awe. She whispered softly to herself, "Yeppoyo(pretty)!"

As her driver opened the door for her, she stepped out, and bowed. "Kamsahapnida."

She walked towards the house, clutching her purse with her hands. "Ah.. Yeppoyo.." She, still, stared in awe. She sighed softly, and stepped up to the front door. She knocked softly, calling out, "Annyeonghaseyo?"

Hyunjoong opened the door, and to his surprise he found the a beautiful girl standing at his doorstep. He rubbed the back of his head, and smiled weakly. "Anyeonghaseyo."

Shinhye smiled, and looked at him with her bright eyes, "I'm Shinhye, Park Shin Hye." She nodded, as to gesturing him to tell her his name.

"Kim Hyun Joong." He stuttered, facinated by her beauty. Suddenly reality hit him, and he blinked. "Ah! King Park Woo Bin's daughter. The princess. Do you want to come in?"

She nodded, and admired the artifacts displayed around the house. "You have a beautiful place," She ran her fingers along the rim of the vase, surprised that there there was no speck of dust. She looked over to Hyunjoong, he was making tea. "Anni, it's oka-"

He waved his hand, and smiled. "You're a guest, it's fine."

She nodded again, and smiled. "Ah, he's a fine man." She thought, smiling.

He brought the tea over to her, gesturing for his to take a seat. She did as said, and smiled. He handed her her teacup, and nodded; gesturing for her to drink it. "Don't worry, I didn't poison it."

She giggled, and sipped it quietly. "Mmn," She set her cup down, and smiled contently. "It's sweet."

"I thought, maybe, since you looked like a sweet girl; I'd make some sweet tea. The king is right, you're very beautiful." He smiled, and looked down, his face turning the many shades of red.

She placed her hand on her cheek, feeling her face get hot. "Ah.. A-anni." She giggled softly, and lifted his chin up with her finger. "Drink the tea you made, don't let it get cold, arasso?"

His compliments made an impactt on her, she felt good. Good about herself. "Ah, he's a sly man."  She giggled at the thought, and sipped the tea quietly.

The two heard the sounds of engines running, and Hyunjoong announced, "Ah, my dad's home," He smiled, and started torwards the door. She watched as he opened it for his dad.

"Ah! Park Shin Hye? Are you here to meet my Hyunjoong?" His dad exclaimed, the happiest smile grew on his face.

"Ne, I hope you don't mind me coming without your consent. I was going to inform you, I'm sorry." She bowed down, and faced his dad again, and smiled slightly. "I never fully introduced my self," She laughed under her breath, and approached him. "the last time I did, I was fifteen? Park Shin Hye, I will be loyal, and accompany your youngest son with my greatest pleasure."

His dad stared at her in awe, and smiled. "Ah, you were really raised well by old Woobin, ne?"

She nodded, "Ne."

"You are the perfect girl for my son here," He gestured to Hyunjoong who blushed and looked away.

~

Shinhye's POV
Ever since I met Hyunjoong, my appa has been driving me crazy. He's been asking me all sorts of questions. One question was, oh this one was was rediculous: did his looks already make you want to call him yeobo? Aish! My appa is crazy.

But, I do admit, he was a polite, nice guy. I wouldn't mind him.

But something odd did happen when I met him that day. One of the maid's son had rushed in, apologized quickly, and ran to the maid's bedroom.. I guess. His face was charming. But, I guess he didn't pamper himself enough in the morning. His hair was roughly parted, and his clothes looked as if he closed his eyes when picking what to wear. Why am I thinking about him?

~

Maid's Son POV
After walking into what looked like an important meeting, I felt embaressed. Of course, I apologized, and ran to my eomma's room. The owners of the house were nice enough to give us a room to sleep in.

Aish, that pretty girl is still stuck in my mind.

I laid down on the bed, and stared at the ceiling. The way her hair fell over her shoulders beautifully without effort.. Her polite nod as I embaressingly humiliated myself in front of hyung, ajusshi, and ahjumma. She laughed, not at me, but with me. I guess she caught me laughing at myself when I barged in. Her smile was bright, bright enough to light up the whole room.

Aish.. Stop, you're just a maid's son. What's she have to do with you. Just forget abo- OMO, she's the princess.. Why hadn't I noticed?! Aigoo, you're so dumb! You just saw the beautiful princess right before your eyes, you didn't even bow specially for her.. You didn't even greet her!

I hit my head for being a babo, and drifted off into a deep slumber.


annyeong, again. (: so, what do you think? Is it alright~?
silent readers, please speak. I love getting feedback, so I know where to improve, or put what you suggest into the story. :)