Aftermath

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence filled the dorms once Dahyun had spoken, and no one knew how to proceed. The older girls exchanged looks, no one knowing what to say, as they watched The ginger haired girl slump into the couch. 

 

It had been approximately an hour or so since the two girls had come back to the dorms and they still hadn’t managed to figure out what had happened to their youngest Maknae.

 

Dahyun, who hadn’t moved from the couch since arriving, bit her lip nervously as she felt herself consumed with her thoughts. Momo and Jeongyeon were also seated in the living room, speaking quietly to one another. Chaeyoung hadn’t left her side since they’d arrived, rubbing soft circles into the older girls back comfortingly trying to get her to come out of her thoughts. She knew very well that Dahyun’s silence meant something weighed heavily on her mind, and given whatever had happened earlier, it was nothing good. 

 

Perceptive as always the small club was spot on, as Dahyun began to fiddle with her fingers. A mix of emotions crossing her mind, ranging from anger, to sadness, to guilt. The guilt especially tugging at her heart. 

 

If I hadn’t waited so long to go find her, could I have prevented whatever it was that happened? 

 

The thoughts kept running through her mind, scenarios of every kind coming to her. She could feel her nails digging into her palm as she held her fists tight, any harder and she might draw blood, though she didn’t seem to care. 

 

“Whatever happened, It’s not your fault Dahyunie” Chaeyoung said said softly, squeezing the girls arm. The action snapped the older girl from her thoughts, her clutch on her fists loosening. 

 

She blinked a few times glancing over at Chaeyoung, nodding her head slightly though she said nothing. Chae’s words we’re soon quickly forgotten once footsteps were heard approaching the living room, causing Dahyun to glance up. 

 

In stepped the remaining members, all except the Tzuyu of course who hadn’t left her room since arrival. Judging by the frowns on their faces, it was obvious they hadn’t  been able to get anything out of the youngest.

 

“How is she?” Dahyun asked quickly bitting her lip as she spoke.

 

“She refuses to speak to any of us” Nayeon said with a sigh, running a hand through her hair in frustration. 

 

“Just shakes her head and avoids eye contact” Mina added quietly 

 

“She also refuses to let anyone touch her, the second anyone gets near she recoils and moves away.” Sana said bitting her lip. 

 

The older girls replies, cause dahyun to slump further down into the couch, clenching her fists, nails once more digging into her skin. 

 

The shuffling from the corner caught the girl’s attention as they glanced over to see Jeongyeon and Momo standing up, grabbing their jackets as the did. 

 

“Where are you going?” Chaeyoung asked  curiously looking at the girls serious  expressions.

 

“Movie theater” Momo said simply, earning some raised eyebrows from the others. 

 

“We clearly aren’t getting answers here, there has to be someone who saw something, or at least surveillance cameras” Jeongyeon huffed as she adjusted her jacket. 

 

“I want to come” Chaeyoung quickly said as she stood up, a fire in the younger girl’s eyes. She hated seeing her two best friends so upset and not being able to say or do anything here was driving her insane.

 

Jeongyeon glanced over at Jihyo, who nodded a bit.

 

“Okay little cub let’s go” Momo said plucking the smaller girl from the couch, and taking her hand. 

 

“Take cafe of her” Nayeon said eyeing the two older girls. 

 

“With my life” Momo said simply wrapping an arm around the smallest member protectively. “She is mine after all” earning a slap to the arm from a very red Chaeyoung. 

 

Jeongyeon also gave a nod as she looked over at the oldest member, with a wink. 

 

“Take care of yourself too” Nayeon said directed at both girls, but she was primarily looking at Jeongyeon. Her eyes laced with nervousness. 

 

“I’ll be fine nabongs” Jeongyeon chuckled wrapping an arm around the older girl and placing a kiss to the crown of her head reassuringly.

 

With that the three departed, and left the remained five girls in the living room. 

 

Dahyun was still sitting in silence, Chae’s sudden absence had her tugging at a strand of hair nervously, as she got lost in her thoughts again. 

 

“Dahyun-ah” Jihyo softly called as she sat beside the younger girl, wrapping an arm around her, causing the girl to come back to reality.

 

“Y-yeah?” She asked looking up at their leader. 

 

“Maybe you should go in and try to talk to Her” Jihyo suggested softly, making the ginger haired girl’s eyebrows furrow in confusion.

 

“You guys just said she didn’t want to speak to anyone.. what is me going in there going to do?” The latter questioned.

 

“That Maybe true.. but I’ve noticed she finds it easier to talk to you and chae most of the time” Jihyo began looking over at her with a small smile “she was clinging to you when you guys came back, so maybe she’d be comfortable opening up to you.”

 

Dahyun bit her lip looking at her leader unsure of whether she should go. Would she really be able go get Tzuyu to talk to her? She really wanted nothing more than to take whatever was troubling the youngest away, it’s just she didn’t think she could.

 

“Dahyun-ah, you and Tzuyu are constantly talking, usually like the two of you are in a world of your own, and it clearly puts her at ease” Sana said softly looking at Dahyun with a soft smile.

 

“So even if she doesn’t tell you what happen, you could at least help calm her down a bit” Nayeon suggested softly, Mina nodding in agreement.

 

“Please Dahyun.. just try” Jihyo pleaded. 

 

The younger glanced around, at the worried expressions the other girls all seemed to share and nodded slightly.

 

She wasn’t the only one worried about Tzuyu, and if she could help in anyway to help ease the worry they all shared, as well as comfort the youngest, then she’d surely put her all into it.

 

“O-okay” Dahyun nodded as she stood up nervously, earning a squeeze of the hand from Jihyo for comfort, before she was pushed towards the room she shared with her fellow Maknae’s. 

 

She knocked on the door, glancing at the older girls who looked at her with reassuring smiles, before stepping inside and closing her door behind her. 

 

The room lights were off, save for the respective lamps found by the beds night table. She walked quietly towards Tzuyu’s bed, trying to be as quite as she could in case the girl had fallen asleep. She doubted she had, but it was better to be safe.

 

It wasn’t until Dahyun was right beside the youngest girl’s bed, that she noticed Tzuyu’s body shaking. From here she could here the muffled whimpers, caught by the pillows, and knew that she was crying.

 

The sight alone made Dahyun’s heartbreak. She wanted nothing more than to wrap her arms around the crying girl and console her, take away whatever it was that was troubling her and kiss it away. Another part of her wanted to kill whoever had hurt her.

 

She watched Tzuyu’s body start to shake harder, her shoulders rising and falling faster as the gripped onto her pillow, whimpers continuing to fill the room. Without a second thought Dahyun laid herself beside the shaking girl, wrapping her arms around her as she pulled her close.

 

Tzuyu’s body instantly jerked, trying to push away from whoever was suddenly holding her. “Let me go!” Her voice cracked as she tried to pull away, the fear and panic evident in her voice. 

 

Dahyun recoiled slightly at the sudden outburst, but instantly collected herself keeping her hold on the girl.

 

“Shh, Shh Tzu It’s me” She called softly trying to get her to calm down, but Tzuyu continued to try and pull herself away. 

 

“I said no! Let me go!” The younger girl whimpered as she pushed at Dahyun’s chest trying to free herself from her the hold. “Please!” She cried, her eyes shut tight. 

 

Dahyun felt like she was on the brink of tears, watching as Tzuyu thrashed, pushing and pulling away from in fear. It took everything she had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter