It’s Not a Date

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun tugged at the sleeves of the jumper, Chaeyoung and Momo had forced her to wear, as she sat on the living room couch, looking around the dorm nervously.  Momo was seated beside her browsing through her phone, a small smirk on her lips sensing the younger girl’s nerves. 

 

“Dahyunie relax a little would you?” Chaeyoung chuckled as she sat down beside the older girl, wrapping an arm around her comfortingly. Like Momo she could sense the nerves radiating off the girl. 

 

“I am very much relaxed thank you” dahyun responded defensively, though she made no effort to pull away from the girl.

 

“Oh Tzuyu-ah!” Momo’s voice casually rang, as she turned her gaze from the phone to the hall, causing the ginger-haired girl beside her to practically jump and nearly fall off the couch, at the sound of the youngest members name. 

 

Dahyun and Momo fell into a fit of laughter, clearly having a grand old time teasing their nervous friend. 

 

“I hate you both.” Dahyun mumbled as she crossed her arms, standing up and moving away from the the two. 

 

“Oh stop being so dramatic Dubu” Momo said in-between laughter, wiping at the tears starting to escape her eyes.

 

“Glad you two are finding comedy at my expense” the pale skinned girl mumbled, looking back at her friends as she puffed out her cheeks and pouted once more.  

 

“I don’t understand why you’re so nervous Dubs” Chaeyoung said as looked up at her, finally having calmed her laughter. “You were the one who asked her out on the date after all.” 

 

Dahyun swallowed. Chaeyoung was right, she was the one who had proposed the idea of going out for a movie, wanting to spend sometime alone with Tzuyu, away from the rest of their friends. 

 

“It’s NOT a date!” The nervous girl shot back defensively, instantly feeling her cheeks burn red at the outburst. She quickly began fiddling with her fingers as she gazed at the floor. ”besides.. I hadn’t expected her to actually say yes...” 

 

“Sure... it’s not a date” Momo said making quotation marks with her fingers, the sarcasm in her voice, rolling off her tongue.  

 

“It’s not!!” Dahyun groaned grabbing a pillow and throwing it at the oldest girl. 

 

“Why wouldn’t she say yes? It’s quite obvious she likes you just as much as you like her” Chaeyoung said looking up at her best friend thoughtfully.

 

The gingered haired girl chuckled a bit, running a hand through her hair nervously. “Haha very funny Chae” 

 

“I wasn’t making a joke?”

 

Dahyun rolled her eyes “she doesn’t like me that way..” she stated simply with a nonchalant shrug. 

 

“Gosh you’re so dense” Momo mumbled as she shook her head at the girl, earning another pillow to the face, though she didn’t let herself stay hit this time. 

 

Chaeyoung fell into another fit of laughter, as she watched her best friend go at it with her girlfriend. The sound of footsteps and someone clearing their throat, was enough to cause the hairs on he back of Dahyun’s neck to stand up.

 

Standing in the doorway of the living room were Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Mina. The youngest member was no where to be seen, much to Dahyun’s relief.

 

“Tzuyu will be out shortly” Mina said with a soft smile, as she looked over at Dahyun. 

 

“And she looks amazing, so you better not forget to compliment her!” Nayeon said as she looked at the girl, arms crossed over her shoulders. “I see Momo and Chaeyoung worked their magic, glad to see you aren’t dressed like an ahjussi today” 

 

Dahyun swallowed and nodded slightly. 

 

“Nayeon calmed down.. you’re making her nervous” Jeongyeon chuckled, squeezing the eldest girl’s hip slightly. 

 

“I am calm, but excuse me for being defensive, when this hooligan is taking MY baby girl out on a date..” Nayeon said dramatically placing a hand over her chest. 

 

“According to Dahyun It’s not a date..” Momo said as as she looked over at the other three girls.

 

The trio in the doorway turned there attention from Dahyun, to Momo then back in less than a second, suddenly bursting into a fit of laughter. It was quite obvious to all the members the relationship shared between the two girls was anything but platonic, well to everyone but the two involved of course. 

 

“Yeah, and Sana’s straight” Jeongyeon said in-between her laughter. 

 

“I hate you all!!” Dahyun groaned hiding her face in a pillow. 

 

“If you mess up your makeup,I’ll kill you” Momo suddenly said in a serious tone, turning to look at the girl as she stopped laughing.

 

Dahyun pulled the pillow away from her face pouting, as the other girls continued to laugh. 

 

“What’s so funny?” Jihyo’s voice rang out as she walked into the living room, Sana in tow as their hands were intertwined. 

 

Dahyun glanced up just in time to see Tzuyu walk into the room, following behind the girls, she suddenly felt her breath get hitched in at the sight of the youngest member. 

 

The older girls had fixed her makeup, and while it wasn’t dramatic, it suited the Taiwanese girl’s features well. Her elegant purple hair, was glossy, and immaculately fixed into a series of soft waves, that framed her faced perfectly. Her outfit while nothing fancy, a pair of high waisted shorts a fitted tank top paired with a jacket and ankle length booths, but it suited the girl so well. 

 

It wasn’t until Chaeyoung came up beside Dahyun and nudged her, that the girl realized she had been staring. She blinked a few times, feeling the heat rush to her cheeks at having been caught staring. 

 

“Dahyunie are you felling okay?” Tzuyu asked in concern seeing the flush on the older girls face. “Are you feverish?” She asked innocently as she moved to feel the girl’s forehead, prompting Dahyun to take a step back as she shook her head.

 

“N-no Tzu, I’m fine, really” She answered softly, flashing the younger girl a smile, ignoring the quite giggles from the older girls and chaeyoung. 

 

“Okay” Tzuyu said with a soft smile, relief instantly washing over her. “Good”

 

“You look very pretty today” Dahyun said as she looked up at her “N-n that you don’t look pretty every other day that is, because obviously you do... ” she quickly rambled on, her nerves starting to get to her again.

 

“Thank you” Tzuyu said a small blush forming on her face as she smiled “You’re not so bad yourself.”

 

The older girls began to coo at them, and comments like “awe look at our babies flirting” and “they grow up so fast” began to fill the dorm. 

 

After what felt like an eternity of side comments, the oldest Maknae finally reached her limit. 

 

“We’re gonna go now” Dahyun said quickly, her desire to escape giving her the courage to boldly grab Tzuyu’s hand and lead her out of the dorm, before anyone could say something to fluster them further. 

 

Once out of the dorm, and down a couple of streets, Dahyun felt a tug on her arm snapping her out of her hurried mindset. She stopped walking lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter