PART THREE

BECAUSE IT’S YOU

“Did you wear perfume?”

 

“I always did?”

 

“Not you babe, Chaeyoung.”

 

Momo, looks to where Chaeyoung sat on her right. The short girl eyed both couple with big questioning eyes before she retreated to sit beside Sana across of her. Mina raised her eyebrows at Chaeyoung, smiling.

 

“Mmm, you really smell nice, Chaeyoungie.”

 

“Right, right? How many bottles do you pour on yourself?”

 

“Nayeon unnie, seriously!”

 

“But I literally can smell you for hundred meters away.”

 

“Really? She even smells better than me?” Momo asked peeking from the pig feet she’s eating.

 

“hey, you have the best smell but that’s not the point here,”

 

Jongyeon rolled her eyes real hard, Sana laughed at her.

 

“This kid only wear perfume when something big is up.”

 

“Agree,” Jongyeon butts in. “you smell really strong it attacks my eyes. What is up with you today?”

 

“Why can’t I smell nice for a day?”

 

“You certainly can’t if it’s makes people head feels like exploding.”

 

“Did you drink it?” Nayeon narrowed her eyes, chin on her hand. Jongyeon looks at her and pointed her finger, as if realizing something.

 

“She drank it and then it came seeping through her pores when she sweat. Yah Son Chaeyoung… what have you done?”

 

Momo chocked on a slice of her pig feet, her face red as if she’s about to die. Instead of helping, Nayeon loses her sense, laughing her off of her girlfriend chocking and Jongyeon’s terrible joke. Sana can’t stop laughing she needs to go to the bathroom before she peed on Mina’s lap. Chaeyoung was fuming but can’t help but laugh too, not without hitting Jongyeon. The second they stop, the hot wind blew, and then Jongyeon just has so many things so say.

 

“You know, after PE…“

 

“Don’t.” Nayeon warned.

 

“When you sweat so much it gross…”

 

“Stop.”

 

“And then you forgot to bring your perfume or it just takes too much time to actually go to your locker…”

 

“Jongyeon unnie I swear to god.”

 

Momo was already dying of laughter.

 

“You can just rub yourself on Chaeyeong.”

 

Jongyeon jumped to her feet and run as fast as she can when Chaeyoung grabbed her neck. The youngest of the group ran after Jongyeon to no avail. Chaeyoung chase the older girl to inside of the campus and ran back out from the side door. Jongyeon has Chaeyoung’s head in a headlock, and the other girls can hear Chaeyoung’s frustration by her grunts.

 

“Why are you picking on her so much?” Sana said half laughing half pitying when the two sat back down on the grass under the big tree.

 

“She is a bully.” Chaeyoung sulk, Nayeon laugh. Momo slapped her girlfriend’s arm telling her to stop, Nayeon mouthed a ‘it’s so funny’.

 

“But honestly, Chaeyoung-a. Did you planning to meet someone?”

 

Chaeyoung clears , sitting upright and gave a stern, “No.”

 

“Oh? She totally is.” Mina chimed in, circling her arm on Sana’s waist, her chin on the girl’s Shoulder.

 

Momo clapped her hands. “Wah… Son Chaeyoung. Are you hitting on someone?”

 

“I did not.”

 

Yah, do you know your face turns funny when you lie?”

 

Nayeon laugh again at Jongyeon. “Who is it? Tell me who is it?”

 

The girl’s eyes shifted from her lunch box to the campus entrance. Chaeyoung suddenly gulped and her face turn red.

 

“Chou Tzuyu?”

 

“Whoa!”

 

“Chaeyoungie!”

 

“Nice, she once helped me on statistics.”

 

“HEY CH–“

 

“Don’t even!” Chaeyoung climbed Nayeon’s lap to shut Jongyeon’s mouth with her hand. Instead of helping, Nayeon squishes Chaeyoung’s face with her hands and loosened the girl’s grip on Jongyeon’s mouth. Momo helped Nayeon who almost got bite by Chaeyoung by holding the girl’s arm on her side and Sana trying to freed Jongyeon from Chaeyoung’s hand. Mina waved her hand towards Tzuyu and has the girl looking at them, weirdly at first and then judging.

*

 

Mina was sitting alone at the back of her class that day, scribing whatever the lecturer was saying. It is her last class for today and she can’t wait to go back home and pour herself some cold beer while shopping from her laptop, she held on to that thought as long as she can to cheer her up. She heard the chair screech a little beside her, doesn’t even bother looking until she feels someone blew cold air to her ear.

 

“Oh, Sana? What are you doing?” She hushed.

 

“Attending class.”

 

“You don’t take this class.”

 

“I know.” The girl grinned at her, slightly bouncing when she linked her hand with Mina. Warmth going up from Mina’s chest to her face.

 

“What are you writing? I never take notes in any of my classes.”

 

Mina giggled, and then Sana too. However, Sana always attract attentions, and this time it is no different. Mina feels people in her class looking at their direction and she feels uncomfortable, loosened her grip on Sana’s hand only to be tightened by the girl beside her again. Sana’s eyes were pleading when she looked at her.

 

“Don’t, please?”

 

“I…”

 

“Let them look, I don’t care and you should too. I’ve dealt with Jenny and Irene and I don’t care about them, okay?” When Mina doesn’t say anything, she continued.

 

“I know you feel insecure, Mina-ya. I understand but,” Sana gulped and then sighs. “can we date just like other people? I just want to hold your hands, I want to let them know that I am yours. Don’t you want to let them know?”

 

Mina can only look at Sana, at a second or two she thinks she was lost in Sana’s brown pool of eyes that was highlighted by the sunrays emitted from the window. She created more than enough image of Sana to implanted on her brain to replace the previous one she had from two years ago. She just has to choose which because she can’t decide which one is prettiest. When Sana looks away, Mina thinks she has to spare enough memory on her brain to capture every movement Sana made because no mater small it was, it gave a big impact to her heart and then to her brain.

 

When the lecturer ends the class and people get out from the class, Mina follows the girl closely before she catches up on the campus hall. Sana was walking with her face Mina hates to see, she needs to do something about it but she isn’t sure. Looking around, people was lurking on the hall looking at their direction, probably at Sana, and she breathed out a deep breath before she reaches for Sana’s hand and held it tightly in hers. Sana looks down from her hand to Mina’s reddening face. Smile gradually grow on Sana’s face when she hears what Mina has to say.

 

“I need to let them know. I don’t want anyone to hit on you.”

 

Sana’s grip on Mina’s hand got tighter, she held the girl’s arm with her other hand as they walked. Sana’s gaze never leaves Mina, clearly satisfied and happy. And then she just had to ask.

 

“Are we dating?”

 

“Mhm, I think we’re girlfriends now.”

 

Sana’s heart is about to burst when Mina blushes then hide her own smile while looking down.