Final

Make me proud
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Produce 101 China filming

XUANYI

*AHHH*

Meiqi collapse right in front of my eyes and all I could do is watch during her fall as I was too far away. I immediately ran towards her where the other girls are surrounding her.

“MEIQI! MEIQI! WAKE UP!” I shouted, panicking, crying. I lost my mind in that moment.

I know she have been hiding something from me and I already sensed it should be related to her health, her heart. She has been acting weird since our promotion before the start of our PD 101 filming, what is she hiding.

Yamy and Sunnee was holding me, telling me to calm down as the paramedics carry her away. All I could do is cry at this moment. I feel useless, what is she hiding from me then suddenly something hit me, I remember her carrying some medicines with her that she calls her vitamins. I quickly sprint off to the dorm without listening to anyone calling out to me, that should give me the answer. At that moment I’m in my own world without any care to anyone. Something is wrong with my best friend; my prince and I am determined to find out.

MEIQI

Argh, my head, my body hurts especially my chest. Where am I? It seems to be a moving vehicle.

“She’s awake!” I heard someone shouted

“Meiqi, are you okay? How are you feeling?” I heard the staff asked me

Before I could give any respond, a surging pain from my chest hit me and I screamed while clutching tightly onto my chest, my heart. No way, I had it under control, why it is hurting me again. Before I could react anymore, I fainted.

XUANYI

Right after I reach her dorm, I went over to her drawer to look for her “Vitamins” and I was shocked looking at the amount of medicine she has in the drawer. I took them out one by one and I realise all the words on them is in Korean, she has gotten then when she was in Korea but why so many? If it was really vitamins, she could have gotten more in China instead of bringing this much… This much is enough to last her till we finish this show and it was just insane. I did not understand the terms on the bottles as it was professional term in Korean. It hit me, we had an off day before heading to China and we were planning to hang out together, but she told us she had an appointment in the morning, so she couldn’t make it, only to join us later at night where she cried, saying she will miss the members a lot. She cried… she was stronger than that, she cried for other reasons, there should be another reason why she cried. I quickly ran to our producer and ask for a phone to call back to Korea.

“Yoboseyo~ Xuanyi ya!” I heard Xiao voice over the phone cheerfully greeting me.

“Hello? Xuanyi? Princess, why are you crying? Are you okay?” Her worried voice asked again after hearing me cry

“Xiao, are you with the members?”

“Yes, why? What’s wrong?”

“Can you call them over and put me on loudspeaker?”

“Okay, hold on…”
“Okay, they are here”

“Meiqi fainted” I drop the bomb

“WHAT?!” I heard them panicking like how I did just now, chattering all over asking for her condition
“Hold on guys! Xuanyi, can you tell us clearly what happen?” Exy voice took over

“We were running, to choose song, she ran and came back”

“Yea, relax and continue”

“She was feeling sick from earlier, but she has to run since she only has 4 people in her group and it was the second time we had to choose the song since someone else fell the other time, she came back, and she fell clutching to her chest”

“Xuanyi – “

“She was clutching onto her chest, she wasn’t responding at all!”

“Xuanyi ah, relax! Is she taken to the hospital already?”

“Yes, then I remembered”

“Remembered?”

“She was carrying a lot of medicines with her when she came to China, she called them vitamins but its too many to be vitamins, the words are in Korean, but the terms are too deep I don’t understand”

“You have them with you now?”

“Yes, there is nearly 10 different bottles”

“Can you read them to us?”

“XXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXXXX, XXXXXX”

“Okay… erm hold on, I get Bona to give our company medic a call”

“Okay…”

I saw Yamy waving at me saying the producer want to talk to me

“I call you guys back later; the producer is looking for me”

“Okay, you take care, we will get it check and let you know once you call back”

“Okay, bye…”

“Take Care!”

I ran over to the producer and he looks worried.

“You were calling for me?”

“Yes, I received a call from the other staff with Meiqi, they have reached the hospital… But…”

“But? But what? Is there something wrong?”

“She regains consciousness in the ambulance, but she screamed in pain while clutching onto her chest and fainted again… Is there any medical condition that we don’t know?”

My eyes widen, I realised something is wrong with Meiqi

“No… I don’t know as well. Can I go to the hospital? I want to see her”

“Okay, keep the phone with you, I will give you a call later.”

“Okay…”

I followed a staff and got me a car to send me to the hospital.

MEIQI

I woke up again, and this time I’m sure I am in the hospital, the nurse looked at me and immediately called the doctor.

“What is your name?”

“Meng Meiqi”

“Meiqi, do you know where you are?”

“The hospital”

“Do you know what is wrong with you?”

This question, I don’t know how to answer it. I know but I don’t want it to be true. Instead of answering the question, I asked back

“Did you tell them yet?”

“I assume you know what is going on from your reaction and no, I haven’t got a time to talk to your staff yet”

“Don’t tell them”

“I cannot lie about patient’s information”

“They are not my family, they don’t have the rights to know”

*sigh* “Your friend is here; do you want to talk to her?”

“My friend?”

“Yes, she told me here name was Xuanyi, she was wearing the same shirt as you”

“Let her in…”

“Okay, please consider treatment before it gets worst”

“Yes, I will consider, thank you”

*Knock Knock*

“Meiqi?” A head pop from the door, I smiled.

“Hmm, who are you expecting to be here” I joked with her

“You are still joking around? Do you know how worried I was?!” She screamed at me and raised her hand

I was expecting her to slap me, so I closed my eyes then I feel her soft hand holding up my face, I open my eyes and greeted her teary eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“What?”

“Your sickness, why?”

“You knew?... “I was shocked
“I thought he said he haven’t told anyone?” I muttered to myself

“The doctor didn’t tell me anything”

“You were testing me?”

“What choice do I have to make you tell me? What’s wrong with your heart? Tell me now”

“Nothing, nothing is wrong” She backed away from me, reaching out to her bag and took out something I dread to see.

Why is it with her? Why do she have to find out?

“Where… Where did you get that?”

“Get what? Your so-called vitamins? Your drawer”

“What makes you think you can touch my things without my permission?!” I burst

Never in the world I want them to find out, never in the world I want to hurt them, especially her.

“Meiqi…?”

“GET OUT! I’M TIRED AND I WANT TO REST!”

“Meiqi! Stop this! I got a clue of what is going on! Tell me please”

“No.” I was sobbing badly, and I could feel the aching of my heart “Please just go”

“I called back to them, Xiao was worried…”

I looked at her, I was beyond shock and was really exhausted

“You told them?”

“They will know eventually…”
“They checked… the medicines are not vitamins”

My eyes widen, I was hyperventilating… No…

“What did they say?” I asked weakly

“Meiqi…”

“WHAT DID THEY TELL YOU? WHY ARE YOU QUESTIONING ME IF YOU ALREADY KNOW?!”

“Meiqi, listen! I know! I know! But I want to hear it from you, please”
“Those medicines include painkillers, heart stabilizers…”
“Meiqi, something is wrong with your heart”
“Look at me!” She held onto my face
“Your heart, it’s not something to play around!”

“Do I look like I am fooling around right now?”

“When did you find out?”

“The day before we left”

“Why didn’t you tell us? You could have stayed in Korea to rest and get treated!”

“What would the public see me? I would get forgotten! I won’t be able to join the promotion! I would have to leave the group!”

“Meiqi you won- “

“Yesterday, did you see the comments?”

“What comments?”

“They called me fake, I did not help her up but continue running. But will they understand me?” I cried
“I was hurting, my chest was hurting, I couldn’t even see and hear at that moment”
“I tried my best to finish the race to help my team, but all I get was bad comments!”
“Today I wasn’t feeling well but I couldn’t disappoint them anymore…”

“Meiqi… get treated please” I feel Xuanyi hug me

I am the one calming her down most of the time, today she is the one calming me, how ironic

“Meiqi!” she shook me as I wasn’t responding
“Leave PD101, get treated please”

“What about you?” I looked at her in her eyes

“I’ll leave with you. I won’t leave you alone fighting for yourself”

“No. Let me finish this with you please”

“Why...”

“Xiao Xiao told you she is coming to watch us, right? Let’s perform for her”

“Meiqi...”

“Please, my princess, let me finish this with you”

She is sobbing, no wait. We are sobbing, so badly for 2 different reason.
She is crying because I am not getting treated while me?
I’m crying because I know… I know I don’t have time left. I have no chance of getting well and standing back on stage anymore soon.

*Flashback*

“Meiqi, your report is out, do you want to come over tomorrow morning? I need to talk to you”

“Oh sure, I have an off day tomorrow before I go over to China”

“Okay, see you”

-Next Day-

I told Exy I am not joining them as I got a sudden appointment then I went off to the doctor office.
I haven’t been feeling good the past weeks with weird pains in my chest, so I decided to get checked last week

*Knock Knock*

“Hi Meiqi, come in”

“Yes Doctor”

“Meiqi, listen to me carefully”

“Okay”

“You have a rare heart disease” I feel my world stop

“What?”

“You have Brugada Syndrome”

“Are there ways to get well”

“Sorry but there isn’t any 100% cure rate, we can only let you get treated and hope to keep you under control”

“Will it affect my daily life?”

“As an idol? Yes”

“How long do I have it I don’t get treatment”

“Cardiac Arrest might happen anytime, your heart and body condition will get weaker as time progresses and even if you don’t get an arrest, you will get breathless with by walking a short distance”

“Is there any medication to get it under control for now?”

“Yes, I can prescribe you with stabilizers and painkillers for now”

“Is it possible to get me 6months worth of medication?”

“What?! 6month worth?”

“Yes, I am leaving for China tomorrow and its not confirm how long I would be there”

“Even if I get you 6month worth of medication, your body would not hold that long”

“Please doctor”

“I’ll get you 3months worth and that is the limit”

“Okay, thank you doctor”

*Flashback ends*

That was why I was crying when I saw them that night. I looked at their happy face, faces that I won’t be able to see soon. I don’t want to leave them, I want to stay with them as WJSN member forever….

“Princess lets sleep alright?”

She looks at me without any words and climbed onto the bed carefully, not trying to hit the IV I have on my hands and laid in my embrace.

I cried, I cried silently facing her back hoping all to be a nightmare and soon I fell asleep.

XUANYI

I can feel her crying behind me, I don’t have the courage to face her.
She have been hurting for so long and I wasn’t there for her, ends up she was the one cheering me up all the time. She has always been a perfectionist and it just must come and ruin her life like this, why god…

I got a feeling she is hiding something more… she has not told me what’s wrong with her… I only know its her heart…

As I heard her sobbing stop and stable breathing took over, I turn over and look at her.
She look so different from the Meiqi I know… She is frowning with tearstain all over her face, what happen to the peaceful face I remembered…  I hugged her tighter and fell asleep.

 

-Next Morning-

MEIQI

“Meiqi, wake up” I feel Xuanyi shook me, I wasn’t asleep, but I want her to believe I was

I went to the doctor in the middle of the night to ask him to keep the secret for me. He wasn’t backing off but I’m glad I persuaded him and got him to discharge me in the morning.

“The doctor is here” I look up and saw him looking at me, not really that pleased but seems like he is helping me

“You can be discharge, please do take care of yourself”

Xuanyi looks a little dumbfounded and is frowning

“Doctor, you are discharging her?” She asked, though a little bit rudely

“Yes, I am”

I held on to Xuanyi and spoke

“Thank you, doctor, Xuanyi please get me my clothes”

She looks at me frowning, not approving what I was doing, and I gave her a little push and she sigh and walk off

“Thank you so much doctor”

“You know, you cannot hide for long and seems like your friend know what is going on, please get treatment as soon as possible”

“Yes, thank you doctor”

I sigh, what cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter