Undercovers

TWICE oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon was a star, destined to shine bright, to be showcased, to be admired.

That’s who Nayeon is, but how can you be the star you’re destined to be when you’re forced to hide yourself, well maybe not forced more like kindly ask you to hide yourself by a white tofu with very very, I mean very religious parents.

“Aren’t you tired of it all?” The girl with shoulder-length hair asked

“What do you mean?” Nayeon asked

“Hiding it all and-”

“Jeong-”

“I know, I know, just hear me out” The girl,Jeongyeon, got up from the couch and placed herself in front of the girl who sat at the floor mirroring her position

“Okay” Nayeon replied

“I’ve known you all my life, Jihyo and I, were like sister’s to you, and the Nayeon we know always wanted the spotlight-”

“What-”

“I’m not saying this to tease you relax” Jeongyeon cut off the bunny before she could protest “You’re someone who was never afraid of being herself and more unafraid to showcase the real you, you never gave a damn about what anyone thought, you were confident in yourself and you never failed to brag about your confidence-”

“Okay, how is this comforting?” Nayeon glared at Jeongyeon

“What I’m trying to say is” Jeongyeon let out a sigh “you never let anything hold you back, so why?”

Nayeon let out a sigh, this have been a far too familiar topic, Jeongyeon and Jihyo were just concern but they just don’t get it “It’s simple really, I love her” Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon with sincere eyes

“That’s it?” Jeongyeon asked

“Maybe that’s all there is to it” Nayeon replied where in reality there are about a millions reasons, but sometimes you can never express what you truly feel and you hope that maybe that one word can just hold it all, hold all that you feel, because that’s all you feel, love, it’s all there is to it.

“Don’t you want to be more public? Stop all the hiding?” Jeongyeon asked sadness evident in her voice

Nayeon would be lying if she were to say she’s fine not going public, of course she does, all she ever wanted was to be proud of who she was and who she was with. “I would, more than anything”

“So why stay, when she’s holding you back?” Jeongyeon ask

“Cause she’s far more important” Nayeon smiled “Why stray when you’ve found home? Even if it’s just a small four walled room, hidden from everyone, it isn’t any less of a haven if I made it to be”

“You know when it comes to Dahyun, you suddenly have a brain, and some sense” Jeongyeon teased

“I’ve always been smart” Nayeon pouted

“I don’t think so” Jeongyeon smirk, before her smile soften “I’m just looking out for you, you know?”

“I Know” Nayeon smiled “Just trust me in this, all we need is a little more patience”

“What if, she never comes around?”

“Then as long as my heart stays the same, I’ll stay by her side” Nayeon smiled, thinking about her girlfriend, she met Dahyun when the tofu played piano for a musical she was starring in, The audience was at awe with Nayeon’s performance, but Nayeon’s attention was only on the keys and the melody that match her singing, her rhythm, her own beating heart.The two easily clicked, and found themselves whipped for each other after only a few weeks, and having a little help from their resident matchmaker, Hirai Momo, the two are now together for a little more than 2 years. Nayeon swear she has never been been happy as much as she was with Dahyun, the only downside is that they kept their relationship hidden, Dahyun was sweet and clingy but in public she grew timid and anxious, her family was against anything lgbtq+, she was scared of rejection, judgement, and Nayeon understood all that, she did, she wanted to respect Dahyun, wanted to be with her even if it meant hiding, even if it meant they’re only lovers inside their small apartment. But one thing scares her the most, as much as she loves Dahyun, one can only have so much patience, and Nayeon’s scared that one day she might get tired of it all and just the thought of leaving Dahyun is enough to shatter her heart.

...

Nayeon opens her apartment seeing her favorite tofu sitting on the couch watching

Dahyun turns to see Nayeon, a smile automatically plastered on her face “Hey you”

“Hey” Nayeon greeted as she flop downs on the sofa

Dahyun noticed her girlfriend’s lack of enthusiasm, she wasn’t her natural charismatic self “you okay?”

“Yeah fine, just tired” Nayeon replied as she lay her head on Dahyun’s shoulder

Dahyun knew Nayeon all to well to know that ‘fine’ isn’t 100% ‘fine’. Dahyun excused herself and got up from the couch, leaving a pouting Nayeon who was deprived of a soft tofu to cuddle

Dahyun came back to the living room, pillows and blanket in hand “Put the cushions on the floor, we’re building a fort, the pizza’s on the way and I have ‘Friends’ waiting to be binge watch”

Nayeon felt her heart swell, How could she ever grow tired of this tofu “That’s very sweet, and tumblr of you” Nayeon teased as she throws the pillows on the floor, the two built their mini fort and got comfortable after the pizza arrived, the couple were snuggled up, tear streaming from their eyes from too much laughter.

 

“You know, Jennifer Aniston was the reason I started questioning my uality, my Mom even mentioned I had an unhealthy obsession” Dahyun laughed

 

“Little did she knew, you were just gay for her” Nayeon replied quickly feeling guilty when Dahyun became quiet “I didn’t-”

 

“You know Jihyo talked to me” Dahyun cut Nayeon off

 

“Oh about what?” Nayeon asked, feeling like she knew, and felt a little nervous

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter