Blind

Protective

Leeteuk couldn't bear to stays inside the ward any longer. He needs to find sungmin , he just can't believe how donghae just ended up blind . He needs to listen from sungmin to finds out further information, there can't be no solutions to helps cure donghae's eyesight. No , he just couldn't accept the fact that donghae is losing his eyesight, there could have twist in this whole situation, yesung is not really said the word 'blind', he skips that part to be exact . 

 

Leeteuk even ignored siwon who was still standing outside the ward, the worried siwon was calling out to him but was unable to stop leeteuk as he figured that the older might need some times alone to accept the reality. 

 

Leeteuk was now alone by the hallway, sungmin had left him there about hours or more before he went away for other patients . That's understandable since sungmin is professional talented doctor who practically in line to take over this elite class specialist hospital from his father so he was pretty busy . Leeteuk stare to the lobby down there,  sungmin told him everything honest and clear about what he needs to know just like how he requested of him . leeteuk was practically the only guardian of donghae after all . 

 

This time , leeteuk didn't even bothers to wipes his tears off his face , now he only needs to accept it all. According to sungmin,  him being a donor for donghae was clearly out of option and for donghae to receive a suitable donor was honestly not something easy. It's hard as it have thousands of people in lines and lots of procedures to be done. Even if he get a suitable donor , no matter how talented and skillful the doctor is, still the operation will not promising a hundreds percent rate to be a successful operation. Aside from that , donghae will needs more than a month to be able to walks properly again since his left leg was badly injured during the accident.  

 

Leeteuk was startled from him own thought when his phone suddenly vibrating. He gets his phone out from his pants pocket , the ID caller was yesung so he swipe the answer button, clearing his throat , " uh .. yesung ah .." he said.

 

'Hyung... where are you? .. can you come here?' 

 

" wae? What happened? Is there something wrong with donghae? " Lee teuk was anxious. 

 

'Ani... hae... he wants you... he would not eat anything... if you are not here with him..' yesung's voice was clearly broken . He has enough reason for him being like that, leeteuk didn't even end the call properly , he cuts the call immediately and rush back to donghae's ward. 

 

There inside the ward of donghae, leeteuk saw donghae lying on his shoulder, facing to the side of his direction . His eyes still wrapped with the bandages but the oxygen mask already taken off him . Leeteuk realise that he had gone leaving donghae under the care of heechul and yesung this morning and only come back after the phone called from yesung just now when the nurses served dinner for donghae. It's strange how leeteuk didn't noticed that many hours has passed when he was being alone thinking and worrying about his precious kid.

 

Slowly with heavy and weak steps , leeteuk comes near the bedside of donghae. His hand caressing donghae's hair bang on his forehead. Being careful with the wound that was nicely treated right at the left corner of his forehead. Donghae was a little startled by the soft touch since he couldn't see who is the owner of the hand. But he was convinced when leeteuk's other hand was grabbing one of his hand assuring him that he is now safe with a kiss on donghae's hair . "It's hyung ... " leeteuk said. 

 

Surprisingly, donghae immediately sits up right on the bed opening his arms to hugs the older . Leeteuk let himself being pulled in a tight hug of donghae. "I'm so sorry .. I was late ... " he had to admit that donghae has makes him cry so many times today.  Yesung and heechul at the other sides was avoiding the scene knowing how donghae could never resist his beloved hyung and how leeteuk always have soft heart over donghae. Yesung had his face hung low staring to his shoes while the other was staring outside through the window . 

 

"Let me feed you.." leeteuk spoke after donghae finally let go of him. He pulled the foods tray over donghae's bed after seeing him gave no response to him. "You need to eat well and then rest .. so we can get you home as fast as possible..." leeteuk said again with his hand busy open up the cover of the foods. 

 

"Here..." donghae took a moment before he open his mouth a little for leeteuk to feed him his dinner. leeteuk couldn't help but forcing a small smile on his face as he watches donghae slowly chewing his foods. Isn't there a quote saying that if you was troubled with unbearable sadness or lots of problems, a smile will helps to make you feel better even if it a forced smile. 

After ate a three small spoonful of the hospital's food fed by leeteuk , donghae refuses to accept anymore as his hands slowly pushes the foods tray away. "Donghae yah .. you sure you are done..? " That question was left unanswered as donghae seems like about to get back lying on his bed.  "Arasso.... I will feed you some water first before you rest ..." leeteuk acts fast as his hand already get the water while his other hand was placed on donghae's back . Donghae obeyed him , he drinks a bit of the refreshing warm water after leeteuk placed the cup to his lips. 

 

Leeteuk fix donghae's pillow as he proceeds to sleep. He also pulled the thick blanket up to donghae's shoulders to keep him warm enough and comfortable. Taking a seat beside the bed , leeteuk was currently alone with donghae in this room as he had forced both heechul and yesung to go home and get some rest . He didn't forget to thanks them for being with donghae from yesterday night until now . Leeteuk took donghae's left hand out from the blanket , careful with the needle and the tubes of the IV drip that was inserted into donghae's skin , he holds him in between both of his own hands . " hae ya... nae dongsaeng ... you're strong right? Don't worry about anything ... I will always be by your side ... I promise you that I will never leave your side ... "  

 

Leeteuk didn't realised it when he talked but under the bandages on donghae's eyes, the younger was secretly crying in silent. Leeteuk did not feels like sleeping as he afraid if donghae might awake in the midnight or need his helps to get something. He surely knows donghae too well that he knew this precious kid of him couldn't sleep easily in unfamiliar places , so he might took long to actually fast asleep. 

 

**

 

-Eunhyuk's apartment-

 

Meanwhile, after leaving the hospital , siwon went straight to see eunhyuk at his apartment . It's unlike him to ignored donghae and didn’t even went to visit that bestfriend of him in the hospital. It's not like eunhyuk didn't gets the news , siwon was sure that he had sent few text messages to him , informing him that donghae was involved in a car accident. Even if he didn’t do it, the news announcer probably has already reported the issue on the television since donghae was quite a famous figures and the car accident was pretty huge to be ignored . Usually,  Eunhyuk always care and be there by donghae's side whenever he is in troubles so it's strange when he didn't. 

 

Taking a seat on the comfortable couch , siwon watches as miserable looking eunhyuk placing a drinks in front of him . "Didn’t you get my text messages ?..." siwon calmly asked the owner of this luxury apartment. 

 

"...  I did ... " said eunhyuk.  He didn't taking a seat as he just leaning against the wall facing siwon . He was wearing a simple casual outfit , with his messy blonde hair, he keeps his head hung low. 

 

"And?" Si won raised his eyebrows. "Why didn’t you go visit him in the hospital ... ?" 

 

Eunhyuk lifts his face to look at the younger who was sitting in a bossy posture with his leg crossed. "Siwon-ah.... how ... ? How could I see him when I am the one who got him almost killed ..." eunhyuk's eyes was teary as he spoke .

 

"What... if you are talking about you sleeping with goo hara ... that's clearly not your fault. Hara was to be blamed.  She trapped you ... she planned for you to be in that situation , she makes donghae to go searched for you in that room and next hae found out you guys in the same bed ...  " said siwon explaining the unexpected situation that turns the good friend relationship between eunhyuk and donghae upside downs.  

 

".... but ...still... it's my fault.... if only I didn’t approached goo hara ..." hyukjae's face was back to facing the floor. His tear rolled down his cheek regretting his act even though he knew that hara was still donghae's girl. The girl that donghae somehow falls in love with. The guilt was all slammed into him that he wouldn't dare to show his face to donghae.

 

"Oh, come on... you are drunk that time . You didn't even knew what you are doing. .  That put drugs in your glass . trust me ... " siwon frustrated with eunhyuk. It's not like eunhyuk didn't believe him, the truth is siwon the chaebol has all the power and wealth , for the sole heir of giant company , he has so many people that work for him , so figuring out something about this was kind of piece of cake for him. But , this kind and innocent eunhyuk still takes all the blames that happened on donghae. "Give me some times siwon-ah ... I don't think he can stand my face for now ... we both knew how he loves go hara ." Eunhyuk said .

 

Siwon sigh deeply . Knowing that he has done his parts , now it's up to eunhyuk to decide what should he do next to fix this situation. He stands up from the couch , preparing to leave. "Eunhyuk-ah, the things is ... I don't want to tell you this myself... but ,.." siwon walks passed the other to the entrance door of eunhyuk's house but he stops halfway without turning his face behind to see him.

 

" Donghae ... he might lose his eyesight permanently. "  siwon couldn't watch how the other would react but he can already predicted it. 

 

 

**

 

 

The next morning, 

 

Leeteuk standing still at the foot of the bed , silently watching as Doctor lee sungmin carefully unwrapped the bandages off donghae's eyes. Removing the last plaster , sungmin puts everything onto the tray that was held by the nurse assistance standing beside him . "Try to open your eyes .. donghae ya.. " sungmin spoke .

 

Donghae did as he was told , his beautiful pair of brown eyes that leeteuk adores and misses so much blinks a few times freely but only total darkness that he witnessed. Donghae stays calm even though his heart was going crazy in attempts to get used of his new status , Disabled people . 

 

Leeteuk went to the bedside , he holds donghae's hand to comforts him .  

 

" teuk hyung , I still need to monitor his condition . But , I think you can bring him home after 1-2 days ... depends on his body's health test results ." Sungmin spoke after done doing everything he needs to be checked on donghae. He squeeze donghae's shoulder lightly as his other way to encouraged the younger to stay strong. Sungmin was actually kind and loving hyung to donghae , he did always concern on those around him especially the younger trio donghae , eunhyuk and siwon . but still there's a little different on how he act when he was working in the hospital and when he is at home.