Accident

Protective

Leeteuk heads fast to the ICU ward of seoul specialist hospital. He was told that donghae was involved in a huge car accident last night but only arrived here to see donghae at the morning due to him being far away at busan for a company meeting. Despite the overnight long trip from busan to seoul , leeteuk endures all just to see donghae's current condition.  He had already gave sungmin a call to asked him about donghae and what sungmin told him didn't sounds good at all. 

 

He walks through the hallway of the ICU, his eyes caught a figure of someone he knew too well standing right beside the door of the ward with the name 'lee donghae ' on it. The other had his hands cupped to his face so he didn’t noticed that leeteuk was there, he looks a little miserable leaning against the wall like that . Leeteuk went over to him , tapping his right shoulder lightly making the other slowly lifts his hands off his face to finds leeteuk's worried face greetings him. 

 

"Hyung.." siwon immediately hugs the older without saying anything. 

 

"He will be fine.. donghae will be fine..he is strong.." leeteuk don't really sure what actually happened to donghae but he just felt the needs to comforts siwon and the others when he is the oldest among them. Siwon stays quiet when he let go of the hug letting the older to get inside the ward to see donghae by himself , his facial expression was hard to described as he avoids from looking straight in the eyes of leeteuk knowing how leeteuk cherish and adores donghae more than the others did , Surely leeteuk would breaks down when he know about donghae's condition.  

 

Entering the intensive care unit ward of donghae , leeteuk saw yesung sitting right beside donghae's bed staring straight into his face, his both hands was holding on tight with donghae's who was lying motionless on the bed. While , heechul in the other hand was standing by the window, looking not much different than yesung and siwon . 

 

Leeteuk approach the bedside,  his heart was already destroyed when he saw donghae with so many injuries in many parts of his body. There's an oxygen mask on his face and aside from some bruises on his face, leeteuk was extremely bothers by the bandages wrapped around donghae's eyes. His heart beats fast thinking of lots of probability that could happen on donghae including the worst one that he couldn't dare to utters in right words. His hand runs down on donghae's forehead slowly to his pale cheek , before his eyes went to face yesung at the other side. Which yesung knew right away by the given looks of leeteuk , clearly he demands to know something regarding donghae's state.

 

Yesung turns his face to looks at the older, "... he was already awake few hours ago.. but he lost control over himself when he found out that ..." yesung couldn't brings himself to say the next word , his tears escaped his eyes yet again for the how many times that he lost count. He wipes away the tears with his thumb , avoiding eyes contact with leeteuk. Sure enough that he gave leeteuk enough hint for him to guess the next word that yesung fails to say.

 

"Mwo..." leeteuk was lost at words. 

 

" ..he failed to breath properly ... so sungmin had to put the oxygen mask on him and gave him sedative to calm him down... he was sleeping until you came." Yesung lifts his face to looks at leeteuk only to watches him rush out of the ward. Sure, that kind of reaction was expected from him . Obviously Couldn't hold his emotion any longer , that he had to go somewhere else for a while. 

 

-flashback-

 

"Donghae yah.. hold on ... " siwon chase after donghae who walks out of the party venue with big steps. Tonight was supposed to be an exciting event for him since it's his birthday and all of close friends including heechul and eunhyuk was all came to wish siwon happy birthday , but it's all ruined when donghae saw something that he shouldn't have see. 

 

Siwon managed to grabs donghae by his arm, causing him to stops his steps by force. "It's not like what you think... you know eunhyuk will not betrayed you..." 

 

"Mworagu?! I saw them with my own eyes. You saw it too ...Clearly, he was sleeping with hara and might even have together ! HE WAS BACKSTABBING ME ! " donghae shouts out loud in anger into siwon's face . He grabs siwon's hand that was hold on his arm before furiously slammed it away.

 

Siwon was lost at words as he himself has no strong evidence to defend eunhyuk in this issue. He let donghae went away to where he parked his white audi before the engine of the car madly slammed the road leaving the luxury party venue of paradise city. Of course, donghae has the reason to get mad after witnessing the scene of his forever soul mate and childhood bestfriend , lee hyukjae was sharing a bed with his girlfriend in one of the room in there. But , still hyukjae is clever enough not to touch what is donghae's , especially when he is the one who knows donghae more than anyone else. Siwon himsef couldn't thinks of any idea of how hyukjae got himself in this mess . "Aishh.. Lee hyuk jae .. you seriously messed up big time.." siwon folded his arms as he watches donghae's car disappearing from the road. 

 

While donghae in the other hand was ignoring every voices of leeteuk, eunhyuk and others who knew him close , telling him that he can't drive recklessly.  Everyone knew that donghae was a kind of terrible driver. He just drive however he wants as long as he didn’t get into troubles. Even if he did get into trouble then leeteuk or eunhyuk will surely come to the rescue.

 

But this time, he has no care in the world , his mind was miserable with a lot of things going on that he has no idea where he was heading to. The image of shirtless hyukjae sleeping with his own girlfriend, goo hara on the same bed was telling him everything . The feelings of frustration and betrayed took over him as he recalled back on how hyukjae being supportive with his relationship with hara. But it's all turns out that , he was being fake all this time and only using his trusts to get hara.

 

Donghae who was originally cried easily over anything , wipes the tears that rolled down his cheek with the back of his hand as his feet steps on the gear immediately after the traffic lights turns green , allowing him to drive forward. However, as the gear was pushed to the highest speed , causing donghae's car to almost flew out of the road , he was unaware that another car from the left side was losing control towards his direction and before he knew it , he felt a strong struck hit his car from the side and with the unbelievable speeds his car was pushed to the other side of the road. The huge impact totally knocked him down and destroying his audi right there in a blinks of eyes. 

 

Donghae still in the driver seat was bleeding everywhere, his eyes was nearly shuts closed and the last things he remember was seeing people started to gather around him before he lost his consciousness.