The Project Partner

Love Me For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“.....so before the bell rings and I release you for lunch, I have an important announcement to make. As you all already know, every year, students are needed to do an end-of-year project. This year, the school has decided that instead of the usual project report and presentation, students are to film a short video to show what they want to do or achieve in the future.”

 

Hearing what their homeroom teacher Mr Jung has said, Jaein and Sujin turned to each other both thinking about partnering up for the project until…

 

“You will need to partner up with someone of the opposite gender though so don’t look at your best friends and start planning to be partners. Your partner must also be someone from another grade or another class in the same grade-- Don’t give me that look, I did not make up these rules. Talk to the principal if you must!” Said Mr Jung while laughing a little. “Alright class is dismissed. Enjoy your lunch break~ Remember to submit your partners names by tomorrow 3pm!”

____________________________________________

 

~ Lunch ~

 

“Jaein hurry!! We need to meet Jongin and his friends for lunch!”

 

Shaking her with a smile on her face, Jaein quicken her pace to catch up with the very excited Sujin who can’t keep still.

 

Apprehensively Jaein started speaking, “Sujin-ah… about the project, what am I going to do... I don’t have good past experiences partnering up with other people. You know how some people like to take advantage of the opportunity to partner up with me…”

 

“Yeah… I remember the other time we had to do a project with similar rules and you were partnered with Woohyun. He took advantage of that chance and made you do the project yourself right? Freeloader getting a free grade… Urgh I really hate him so much! Luckily he got kicked out of the school for bullying another student.”

 

“We have to submit the names of our partner’s by tmr so we only have today to ask around and decide… Let’s continue with this conversation after lunch alright? I’ll help you find a partner! And one for myself as well” Said Sujin as she spotted the cafeteria door from amongst the crowd.

 

Upon entering the cafeteria, Jaein hears Sujin’s name being called by someone from the left corner of the cafeteria. Turning to face that direction, Jaein sees a tanned skin male whom she assumes is Jongin waving at the two of them.

 

Jaein POV

 

I was dragged by Sujin towards the table that the waving Jongin was seated at, noticing that the table is shared by eight other boys. While Jongin is greeting Sujin, I observe the people sitting around the table. There is someone that looks like a prince? He gives off that sort of aura.. OMG who is that boy his eyes are so big and round it’s kinda cute! Erm… there is someone looking at me with a very creepy smile…

 

“Chanyeol-ah stop smiling like that, you are scaring her”

 

I heard the boy sitting beside Chanyeol(?) say. Turning to look at him, I gave a small smile to show my thanks because I really was a little weirded out by Chanyeol’s smile.

 

Once Jongin and Sujin is done with their awkwardly cute conversation, we were introduced to his friends.

 

“So starting from him /points to round eyes guy/, kyungsoo hyung, Sehun, he is the same age as us. Next, the creepily smiling guy is Chanyeol hyung, beside him is Baekhyun hyung, then Lay hyung, then our Super leader hyung Junmyeon hyung, next is our oldest Minseok hyung and last but not least, Jongdae hyung. And I’m Kim Jongin. Nice to meet you Jaein-ssi!”

 

“It’s nice to meet all of you too. I’ve heard about you guys through gossips in the student council” I said with a smile.

 

“Well I hope they aren’t bad gossips then Jaein-ssi” said prince-like guy whom I just found out is Junmyeon.

 

Laughing awkwardly instead of answering the question, I was guided by Jongin to seat between Chanyeol and Baekhyun, while Sujin sat between Sehun and Jongin. As I was wondering how I should start a conversation with the two boys sitting beside me, Chanyeol decided that he would break the ice.

 

“Jaein-ssi! Wait can I drop the formality and just call you Jaein?”

 

“Yeah I’m okay with that”

 

“Call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter