Nox

Quid Pro Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa’s hooooome!”

 

Juhyun dragged his feet to meet his wife, with their daughters clinging on each of his legs like baby koalas. “Seulgiyaaa…”

 

“You’re just in time.” The bear-like woman happily welcomed her other half with a smile. “Get seated. I’ll just prep the table and we’ll have dinner.”

 

Nothing beats coming back home with your loved ones after a day of work. Even with disheveled hair and a tired grin, Juhyun still finds Seulgi breathtaking. His eyes automatically focused on her lips as she prattled about dinner, finding her subtle lisp adorable yet attractive.

 

“Look, Yerimie!” Sooyoung whispered while watching the adults’ interaction. ”Isn’t it rude to stare?”

 

The youngest followed her sister’s line of sight and wondered why she’s jealous being dramatic. “It’s called ‘heart eyes’, unnie. Right, Appa?”

 

A soft nudge sent Juhyun back to reality. The guy didn’t really understand what his daughters were talking about, but he responded anyway. “R-right.” He quickly pulled the chairs and helped them get seated upon realizing he’d been staring a little too long.

 

Seulgi joined her family after putting the final touch, a pot of soup, at the table. “Dinner is served.”

 

“We will eat well~”

 

Bowls of hand-pulled dough soup, kimchi, roasted seaweed, and steamed rice were neatly spread for dinner. Seeing the elders pick up their chopsticks to eat, the children followed suit.

 

“Yummy!” Sooyoung eagerly sipped the soup and scooped a piece of dough into .

 

Seulgi genuinely hoped her family would appreciate the food because she made it with love. “I made the dough myself, and tore all the pieces one by one.”

 

“Ma, it actually tastes like your hand.” Yerim pursed her lips and put her spoon down. ”I can tell because you always cover my mouth when I use my outdoor voice here at home.”

 

Sooyoung stopped chewing, ready to spit the contents of . She was actually enjoying the meal but what her sister said gave her the spooks.

 

“Did you wash your hands?” Juhyun interrogated, aware of his other half’s forgetful tendencies. But really, he's just teasing her.

 

“Hey, I did! I washed like 4-5 times.” Seulgi affirmed; she’s not even a good liar, anyway. With Juhyun letting her off the hook, she playfully stuck out her tongue to tease their daughters. Sometimes, children can be quite evil extra.

 

The remainder of the meal was quiet as all of them were obviously satisfied. They were able to finish everything and the kids gave her a thumbs-up. Dinner, success!

 

Reminders

Wash dishes.

 

When will these reminders stop? The day will be over in a few hours but these reminders keep on coming. She wanted to just throw the phone and watch it break into pieces. Free time? That’s bullcrap. Her body is slowly feeling the effects of today’s activities.

 

When the kids moseyed back in their room to play, Seulgi began clearing the table. She stacked the bowls one by one and gathered the cutlery to be brought in the sink.

 

“I’ll take it from here.” Juhyun suddenly approached, tucking the chairs while wiping the table. “Dinner’s so delicious, I’m stuffed. Washing dishes would ease it up a bit.”

 

“But you’re tired an-“

 

 “Nah, I’ll sort this out before showering. Shoo!” The guy held her shoulders and gently pushed her out of the dining area.

 

Reminders

Set the kids for bedtime.

 

Seulgi gathered the kids’ robes and towels while running the bath. Sooyoung and Yerim never gave them a hard time when taking baths and showers. In fact, they like playing with water. The sisters willingly dipped into the tub as soon as they were called.

 

“Careful, you two.” Leaving kids unattended is out of the question, so Seulgi sat on a bathroom stool a few steps away to keep an eye. “Wash up, little miss stinkies~”

 

Sooyoung dramatically frowned and covered a hand over her nose. “Yerimie stinks!”

 

“You’re stinkier, unnie!” The four-year old retorted, mirroring her sister’s covered nose.

 

Not one to back down in an argument, Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “You stink the most… like poopy diapers!”

 

Seulgi can only pinch her nose bridge. Juhyun’s children are crazy competitive. “That’s enough.”

 

But little Yerim had other plans. She raised her fist and stuck her middle finger in front of her sibling’s face.

 

At this point, Seulgi froze. Did she flip a finger just now? Her monolid eyes suddenly got big and lips pursed into a thin line.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter