Aurora

Quid Pro Quo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5:30 AM

 

The next morning, sure enough, Seulgi awoke as a woman.

 

She stared at her reflection on the master bathroom mirror. Never thought I’d see my female version in the flesh. The transformation was amazing. She had black straight tresses that reached all the way to the middle of her back, styled with choppy bangs that accentuated her monolid eyes. Her hands unthinkingly raised her pyjama top. While her six-pack goodies were gone, it was replaced by noticeable 11-shaped abs. She’s rather lean, but she saw curves in all the right places. I’m not complaining. A smirk formed on her lips. Yep, she’s one handsome girl.

 

A soft, teasing whistle made her head turn to its source. Leaning at the door frame in her little black dress, the petite fairy managed to greet her with a salute.

 

“Hi there, hot stuff.” Wendy beamed with pride as she scanned her godsibling, mentally giving herself a congratulatory pat for a job well done.  “Like what you see, huh?”

 

Seulgi hugged herself in shock and embarrassment. “H-hey! Why are you here?! Don’t you know ‘privacy’?!”

 

“Just keeping things in check.” Wendy wiggled her eyebrows. “Wish granted.”

 

Truth be told, Seulgi barely had an idea of what to do after the switch.

 

“It’ll be just like any other day, but with you as the wife. They won’t notice the difference, so don’t worry.” Wendy made sure everything’s going to go well with the wish. “I know you don’t know what to do. No worries! I added some reminders on your phone, aka Juhyun’s daily to-do list.” The gadget appeared when the fairy raised her palm.

 

She snatched her phone and glared her godsister. “My phone is off-limits! How did you gfhkjh-”

 

“Sssh~” Wendy stuck her forefinger against Seulgi’s lips. “You might wanna start making breakfast and lunchboxes soon.  Tata!”

 

The fairy vanished in a fingersnap.

 

“Fine, this should be easy as pie.” Seulgi took a lungful of air before raising her fist mid-air. “Kang Seulgi, fighting!” She gathered her hair into a messy bun before leaving the bathroom. Her body feels lighter than usual because she’s a girl. Wait. I’m a girl now, so that means... A lump on the king-sized bed sparked her curiosity.

 

There slept a guy, clad in pyjamas that matched hers. My Juhyun turned into a flower boy! She softly touched the cute mole near his left eyebrow. How can a guy be this pretty? Her musings stopped when the phone buzzed in her pocket.

 

Reminders

Cook breakfast, pack lunches.

 

Seulgi found herself rummaging the fridge a few minutes later. Everything was neatly arranged into its proper places, but she ran out of breakfast ideas with the given raw ingredients (more like, she had no idea at all). Juhyun has been very particular when it comes to food for their family, and would always insist on getting fresh fruits and vegetables; cooking from scratch every single day.

 

“What to do, what to do...” Her feet led her to the pantry cupboard, where some dry goods and instant food were stored. She felt relieved when she found a pack of white bread and some canned meat.

 

Breakfast for the Kangs typically consists of rice, warm soup, and a few side dishes.

 

Well, not today.

 

Seulgi decided to make toast, fried ham, and scrambled eggs. After putting bread into the toaster, she swiftly whisked the eggs and poured everything in the pre-heated pan. “Easy peasy lemon squeezy~” The first dish was done in a minute.

 

DING!

 

She pushed the bread back into the toaster after resetting the timer because it’s still far from looking like a toast, then went back to the stove to cook the ham. While doing so, she noticed the empty coffee maker near the range. The drink had always been a morning must-have. Making coffee was so easy, she found herself whistling in the process.

 

DING!

 

“.” The monolid woman bit her lip upon cursing. Phew, Wanda isn’t around, anyway. She wanted to kick herself in the shin for setting the timer too long, hence burning the toast. Huge patches of black mean it’s beyond edible. After a moment of contemplation, she figured she’d just toast the bread in a pan. Slowly but surely.  Upon returning in front of the stove, she saw a thick layer of smoke forming at the surface. “The ham!”

 

Screw “easy peasy lemon squeezy”. She was so upset, she wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter