Three

Chain

Run. One thing for sure, I don't have anything on my mind except for that word. Run. It was half an hour after I ran before I realized I'm already drenched in water, tilting my head up, I realize it's raining. I smile to myself, almost laughing at how stupid I am. I should've been there for him, I should've been there to listen to his reasons first before running. But yeah, Eunwoo came. 

Right, he came. From all of the time he had, why does it has to be today? He left, so why bother to come back? No doubt, he got something to do with me. I sigh before continue walking, there's no use in turning back now. If I go back, Eunwoo will still be there, he would wait if he really needed me, and the idea of protecting myself from the rain already too late, I'm drenched as well as my things. My mind had nothing at all, it was a blank. My heart? Not sure how to describe it, my heart had been mess up since the incident so no need to think about it anymore, it's broken. 

The rain was still pouring but I feel nothing pour on me, have I gone numb? 

"Head's up, will you?" A hand pulls my chin up softly, a boy that looks familiar standing in front of me. He looks like he's Japanese. A small smile was on his face. 

"Who are you?" My voice seems weak, I hate this. This was me, but I'm not this me anymore. 

"You don't remember? The guy who knocks your door last night? 3 am?" He says.

"A guy who knocks on my door last night on 3 am, why would a guy like you knoc--" It hits me, the memory of last night. Yerin! How can you forget such a thing? 

"Yuta-ssi, sorry for forgetting you. I-I mean I don't forget you totally but you-you know what I mean right? I am really sorry if I didn't recognize you just now, you know, the water blinding my eyes a bit now, and I have a lot on my mi--"

"It's pretty hard to recognize a person in this situation, but may I tell you one thing?" I nodded right away, still feeling guilty.

"You look awful." 

There was silence, I blink once, then twice.

"Eh? Really? Sorry." He chuckles instead. Really, I can't understand him at all. 

"You stupid little thing, why would you say sorry for something you didn't do wrong? And I haven't done with my word Yerin-ssi." My eyebrow furrowed, asking for an explanation. 

"You did look awful now, but nonetheless you still look pretty." I can see sincere in his eyes. I smile a bit, muttering thank you.

"So, mind to tell me why are you standing alone in the rain? Filming a drama?" He asks. I hesitate a bit, but he deserves an explanation. 

"I got some things going on now, so this just happens right away." Lies. This is happening again, not again. Please. "Yuta-ssi, I'm really sorry, but I'm in a hurry and I got to get going. I'll see you later in my free time, you live right beside me right?" I did not wait for his answer or anything, I run right away. Running won't resolve a problem, but it'll give me time.

As I run back home, I swear I feel a pair of eyes following my movements.

--

"Yuta! You're back." Taeyong hyung greeted me as I come in. My shoes were drenched since I try to catch Yerin. Being the observant person he is, Taeyong hyung notice my frownings.

"What is it you got in your mind?" I shake my head gently and give him a small assuring smile before I go to my room. I throw myself to the bed, sighing. 

Get yourself together Yuta. She doesn't even remember you, how could you be worrying about her?

But, she does look broken, so should I tell Taeyong hyung? 

No, not now I guess? But what if she gets hu-- 

A knock jolt me back to reality as I immediately sit up. "Come in." I expected myself to see whether Taeyong hyung or Johnny hyung there, but surprisingly I saw Taeil hyung there. 

"Hyung?" I said, confused that he comes in. He rarely steps out of his room lately. He smiles, then walks and sit beside me. 

"You know I'm not good at consulting like what TY always did. But, imma say it straight. You look suspicious. So mind to tell me the truth Yuta-ssi?" He did a little joke to cheer me up, he succeeded at least. 

"I'm not sure, how to say it?" Letting out a sigh before continuing. 

"The girl who lives next to us. Not sure whether you know her or not since you never get out. So, she looks like she's totally fine, but there's something. Something about her that bothers me. I'm- I'm having a feeling that the thing is a bad thing for her, and you know how things go with my feelings." He stares at me, sighing and then looking away. 

"Yuta, you know how I feel about being involved with other people's things. I don't like putting my into those things anymore. Not after what happened before." I sigh, I feel the same way. There was a silence, a long silence. 

"Hyung." I break the silence. 

"Hmm?" 

"Can we try it again? Helping people? We used to be able to, then why not now?" Taeil hyung sigh then chuckles. 

"You know what? I can't stop you, really. Look at you! You're, you're into a girl!" My eyes got wider.

"Hyung!!" He laughs.

"Okay, here's the thing. If you feel like helping her, go. Help her. One thing to remember, I'm out of this." He pats my shoulder before leaving, when he was almost out, I call him.

"Hyung!" He stuck his head in a bit. 

"What?" 

"You really bad at consulting, you do know that right?" I swear, he was throwing a box towards me.

--

The rain keeps on pouring, it even goes harder and thicker as time goes on. My body got drenched, my stuff already soaked in water since half an hour ago. I took my steps slowly, so slowly. As if I can make the world better if I walk slower. 

The pouring water, gravity pulls them down. As well as it pulls down my world, my dreams, my happiness. Pathetic isn't it? A girl in her teenage life, who finally able to be happy again, but turns out it was only temporary. 

I feel nothing was poured onto me, was the rain stops? Or was it the guy again? I tilt my head, just to see that there was no one. Huh, what were you thinking Yerin? No one, it was only the roof of my apartment lobby that keeps the rain falling onto me.

Here I am. I bring my feet to the lift, pressing the number of my floor. A 'ding' jolts me back, I walk over to my apartment, only to found Eunwoo standing there. He's drenched as well. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask weakly. He seems surprised by my weak voice.

"You okay? You should've found a shelter! Get in, the password is still the same right?" He didn't wait for my permission to open the door, once it was opened he pulls me in. 

"Go change." I stiff. Not wanting to move.

"Yerin, now." He says, not asking anymore. My feet move as if he was the one who moves it. I simply changed my clothes to a crop top hoodie and sweatpants and a pair of socks before putting on my house sandals. I also find some large hoodie and big sweatpants that would fit Eunwoo. 

"Here, you changed first." I shoved the clothes to his chest, while I take the tea he made for us. After he changed, he stands in front of me while I sit on the kitchen counter. 

"Mind to tell me?" There was a long silence afterward. A tear slid down my cheek as I shake my head slightly. He wipes down my tear and then pulls me into a hug. 

"Okay, okay. Not now." He did know me inside out. But I'm not sure whether he still knows me or not. He left. I pull myself from him, pointing a finger at his chest. 

"Now you tell me," I said, not as weak as before, but still less strong.

"Huh?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Why are you here?" 

"Oh." 

"Oh? Cha Eunwoo, why are you here?" He smiles a bit, pushing his face forward. 

"Why do you think I'm here?" I blink several times before clearing my throat and looking somewhere else. He chuckles as he pulls his face back. 

"Do you know how much I miss you? The feeling of having you in my hug, in my hand. Knowing that I won't be able to see your smile everyday or anytime suffocates me. I want to, to be able to be there for you. To be able to calm you down when you needed a hug or a simple smile that can give you back your happiness. Is that too much to ask?" He asks. This is it, the final words that will come out from my mouth will give us both an effect. An effect that none of us knows, whether it's gonna be a good effect or a bad one. No one ever knows what will happen right?

"Yes." He stares at me, deeply. 

"Yes for what?" This is it, sorry. 

"Yes, that was too much to ask." He steps back, getting away from me. He walks slowly towards the door. Is this what I want? Can I survive alone? Will I be able to make it until the end? Can I take all it cost to fight what I had to? No, you don't. 

That was when I jump off the counter, leaving my hot cup of tea. I run as fast as I can, my hand opens the door to find that the hallway was empty. Lobby. He must've been there by now, so I ran to the emergency stairs. I run like a crazy person, as fast as I can. When I reached the lobby, I saw a boy with the hoodie. A boy that I was looking for. I ran towards him, pulling him, turning him to face me, and buried my face in his chest. 

"Stay. Don't leave, not again." That was all I ask for now, for someone to be there for me, for someone who will be able to hold me when I'm about to fall. He hugs me back, that was the answer. That he'll stay. 

--

Without Yerin acknowledge, a pair of eyes who was following her when she runs in the rain was still looking at her when she did her actions in the lobby. Not that he was a stalker, he was just accidentally there when everything happens. Yet, there he is standing and looking at her when she hugged the other guy, and he felt a pinch in his chest. That guy was the 3 am guy, he's name is Yuta.