Two

Chain

The next day, well actually a few hours after the incident, Yerin woke up not remembering anything that happens before. She slightly remembers the incident as a dream, and all she could know is that she was awake by a bright-sooooooooo-bright lamp and ended up sleeping on the couch which leads her into a full body pain in the morning, she swears to herself she will do something to the person who did this last night. Looking at the clock makes her realize she has to start preparing herself for her dance class an hour to go, so she gets up and takes a quick shower before dressing herself in an oversized crop top with tight sweatpants and finishing it off with white sneakers. She then grabs her small bag with all her needings inside and takes her tumbler since she plans to buy a cup of smoothie on the way to the dance studio. 

Locking her door, she quickly walks downstairs and goes to the nearby dessert cafe where she can buy a smoothie, it shouldn't take too long since it's still in the morning. But being the unlucky Yerin is, she didn't manage to get what she wants, the cafe was somehow full that morning. 

She decided not to waste her time waiting in the lines, and walk straight to the studio. 10 minutes later, she was already there, the class was starting and she did enjoy everything. Until in the middle of the class, the teacher tells them to take a short break. Yerin manages to find a comfortable spot for herself where she sits on her own and take out her phone when a towel was thrown after her. 

"Hey! Who's towel is this?" She asks with an annoys face, the whole class looked at her but then give no attention at all. A boy then come to her, a grin covering his face.

"Ah, I'm so sorry about the towel. My hand can be clumsy sometimes." He take his hand out to take back the towel. 

"It's okay, just dont do the same again." 

"Put that on my mind! Anyways I am so sorry, and may I buy you a drink as an apology?" He ask, well that feels like a deja vu. She shake her head slightly, maybe it was only a dream

"Since I am thirsty, so yeah sure." She then stand up and follow the boy out to a small cafe just beside the studio. 

"Oh right, I'm Jaemin. In case you didn't know my name, this dance studio is open for public so a lot of people come and go all the time. It's hard to know which one is a class member or just a solo." A smile did not get out of his face even for a second, he make sure Yerin pays on attention by looking on her eyes. 

"Well, Jaemin-ssi thats good to hear. And I'm Yerin, nice to meet you even on a weird way." He chuckles softly while opening the cafe door for her. She mumbles thank you before walking in and order a drink for her. 

"And you?" She ask. 

"Huh?" Jaemin wasn't paying too much attention on her, he was scanning his eyes on the cakes. 

"Drink. What would you like to have?" 

"Ah, sorry. A large ice choco would be nice." She nods.

"Than that would be a large cup of ice choco and an extra cup of americano." After paying, she take her pager and he lead her to a table for two.

"Uh, it's uh--" Yerin wasn't sure what to say. She never did sure about anything at all. While the other guy on the opposite is waiting for her words. 

"So, how long have you been dancing?" He start up a topic. She was relieved, or else she would've been look like a stupid girl. 

"Two years. I guess it's been that long." 

"It's been five years for me, why did you start dancing? Uh sorry, that's a lame question, not sure what to ask when i saw such a beautifull girl jnfront of me. And yeah it's been a while since i talk to such a cute and pretty girl, and uh i dont know, what am i sup--" Rambling. He was rambling all over.

"Stop. Jaemin-ssi your rambling." She says to cut him off. A grin come to his face when a sudden beep come from the pager. "We should take the drinks back to class, seems like break is almost over." 

"Yeah sure, i'll take it. You wait outside." 

"Sure, thanks for it Jaemin-ssi." She walks outside, right after that her phone rings. A message was in her inbox 

He's in. 

That's all it says. Yet, that's all it takes for her to run to class, take her belongings and leave Jaemin alone with two large drinks. 

--

He's in

Two words. Two words to take me down. Two words to slap me. Two words to kill me. Truth to be told, I would want everything to start over, I want today to start all over again. I want to be able to wake up on my couch, aching all over my body, take a hot shower and go to dance class, meet Jaem-- . I should've been waiting for him. But no, that's not important now. Right? This is important, as important as it is until it make me give my best effort to avoid it. 

throwback;

"MOM! DON'T GO! Mom please wake up, mom. No no no no no no keep breathing, mom. MOM. MOM LOOK AT ME. Mom please not again. Mom, please... " 

I was there, standing, frozen while I watch all of it. I was there, I should've been able to stop it. But no, I choose not to. I can't remember why, why can't I-- no, why didn't I help her. 

Do I regret it? What kind of question is that huh? But yes, I have to admit it. I regret it. I know I have the ability and the power to fight, then why do I just stand there? Why do I just stare? Why don't i run? For a help at least. Why? 

"You're blacking out again." A familiar hand and fragnance wrap my body over him. I can tell it's a him.

"Eun- Eunwoo?" He hums. No way, this guy can't be him. He left. Eunwoo left. So I pull myself, not wanting to be in a stranger's arm to long. 

I saw that face, the face that had comfort me the most. He's back, or not. Eunwoo's here. 

"No, this can't be. You, you left." A guilt come to his face.

"I did. Sorry. Sorry that I walk away." He pull me back. Before that, I already take myself off him. Grab my bag and left. What on earth is happening today?