1/1

Naps and Happily Ever Afters

As a one year-old child, Jungkook was considered a boy who liked to cause people a little bit of trouble. The toddler refused to stay in his crib for his afternoon naps and always managed to climb out of it just to waddle around the house and hide in such small places. It became an everyday chore to look for him inside the house, because there's a possibility that he might just really stay hiding in a certain spot unless someone pulled him out.

But one fateful day, his parents' problems were solved.

"Jungkook? Please come out from wherever you're hiding, we have guests today." Mrs. Jeon nearly sobs helplessly as she opens every closet, desperately looking for her son.

Mr. Jeon merely stifles a snicker at the sight before clearing his throat. "I thought you said you were just going to let him sleep?"

"There's a change of plans," Mrs. Jeon looks under the bed and sighs before heading out of the room and downstairs, her husband following right behind. "The Kims called me just now and told me that their own son wanted to come along, and they're already on their way. And well - I don't think we should just let their son stare off into space with no one to play with, right?"

Mr. Jeon lets out a small 'oh' with a nod in response before stopping in his tracks as he spots their little angel in the living room, surprisingly not hiding but instead just rolling around the couch quietly, curled up into a tiny ball. "Sometimes I really think it was a stupid idea to live in such a big house-"

"He's right over there." He points to the direction of the living room, and his wife almost immediately sighs in relief as she quickly heads over to the boy.

"Jungkook!" She swoops up the little toddler in her arms, frowning. The boy simply blinks up at her with his big, innocent eyes and tilts his head, and she eventually lets out a quiet sigh with an endeared smile in defeat. "I'm not going to force you to sleep, mm? So be a good boy; you'll be meeting your very first friend today."

She laughs as the baby's eyes visibly light up and sparkle before nuzzling his little nose gently.

 

-

 

Jungkook was in his crib by the time the Kims had arrived, quietly playing with his plushies and toys. His head suddenly perks up in attention as he hears two pairs of footsteps approaching the door, and he gets on his little feet, using the wooden bars to support himself to stand still on the mattress.

"...he doesn't like to sleep in the afternoon anyway, so I'm glad you can keep him company!" The door opens, revealing his smiling mother with a boy - probably a year or two older than him - and his attention is immediately caught.

Jungkook curiously blinks at the cute boy from his crib with big eyes and receives a square-shaped smile in return, and he doesn't notice the little plushie he had been playing with fall from his small hand as he stares very intently. The other boy's smile turns a little embarrassed when Jungkook doesn't do anything else.

"That's my son, Jungkook. Go on, you can play with him!" Mrs. Jeon chuckles and gently pushes the three-year old boy into the room, earning a little squeak. "B-but-!"

"Hey, aren't you done yet?" A voice calls from downstairs, so she then pats the boy's head and gives a smile to her own son before stepping out and closing the door gently.

As the older boy blinks and stares at the closed door, lost and dumbfounded, Jungkook stealthily climbs down his crib and crawls over to him, sitting down on the carpeted floor and waiting for him to turn around. And when he does, he jumps a little in surprise as he stares down at the smaller boy blinking up at him. Jungkook giggles at that and happily wraps his little arms around the older boy's leg, leaving the latter slightly stunned with wide eyes.

He cautiously bends over and picks up the younger toddler in his arms, and the latter doesn't resist and even fists his little hands into his shirt as a way of clinging. He finds himself smiling brightly at that, and Jungkook lets out a tiny little squeak in delight.

"Hi there, I'm Taetae!"

 

-

 

"Ow." Taehyung feigns a pout as Jungkook happily tugs on his cheeks, giggling. Taehyung giggles along and waddles his way to one of the many little bean bags in the boy's room, sitting down and attempting to place the boy beside him.

Attempting being an emphasis.

"N-nngg...!" Jungkook clings onto him tight, wrapping what he could of Taehyung with his little arms and legs. Taehyung blinks and tries loosening his hold around the boy, eventually letting go. To his amusement, the younger boy doesn't fall as he keeps his arms tightly wrapped around Taehyung's neck.

"Wow, you're really strong, Kookie." He pats the smaller boy's head gently. "You should be sleeping during this time everyday!"

Jungkook scrunches his little nose at that and earns a pout from the older. "My mom said that if you take naps, you'll grow taller and even stronger." But Jungkook doesn't pay attention, just nuzzles his chubby cheek onto Taehyung's chest. Taehyung then puffs up his cheeks in thought. "Hmm... Oh, I know!"

He earns Jungkook's attention, the boy's head perking up at the sudden sound. "Taetae likes tall and strong people, so if Kookie also becomes tall and strong when he grows up, Taetae will marry Kookie."

Jungkook blinks for a few times. "Guu...?"

"Then we'll live happily together forever!" Taehyung nods determinedly with a wide smile.

Jungkook's big, beady eyes sparkle.

 

-

 

A little while later, to Mrs. Jeon's surprise, opening the door to his son's room revealed a Taehyung watching over a peacefully sleeping Jungkook in his crib with an adoring smile, her son's smaller hand tightly grasping what it could of the older boy's slightly bigger hand.