Bubbles

More than Once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Ka-chak*

A sudden flash of light hits Jinwoo's eyes. He turned his head wide eyed to look for its source. As expected, it was Mino, standing just a meter away from him. Jinwoo finds Mino rolling the film of his camera while grinning in satisfaction. His friend has now found a new hobby. Mino looks happy everytime he takes pictures and Jinwoo always catches himself adoring him. Jinwoo forgives him immediately even when he is always the victim of sudden flash of light as Mino likes to take candid pictures of him.

Mino is ready to take a shot again. He peeks through the lens of the camera, adjusts its lighting, and sweetly asks Jinwoo, "Smile for me, hyung. Aren't you happy to finally graduate? I'll develop this film and give it to you later."

Jinwoo is in his graduation gown and holding a diploma on one hand. He poses near a big tree and did a V sign with his free hand. Behind his smile, he hides his disappointment of the passing years. It is already his graduation and nothing has changed since then. They are still friends, only friends. While waiting for the click of the camera, he flashes back to the past years he shared with Mino and his lame attempts to let his feelings be known.

++++----------++++----------++++-----------++++

Jinwoo is in the cafè of their school and reviewing his notes while having coffee on the side. He is studying for his extra elective, Korean History. He sometimes gets bored from studying so from time to time, he will be daydreaming and be lost in his thoughts.

Just three simple words but Jinwoo does not have the courage to utter it. Everytime he attempts to even make the sound of those words, it disappears like bubbles before it even reaches out of his mouth. While lost in his thoughts, he writes those words at the last page of his notebook. 

I love you.

"Just three words. Why can't I say it to him?" Jinwoo whispers to himself as he follows to write Mino's name after those words.

Then suddenly, Mino jumps from behind him surprising Jinwoo, "Hyung!"

"Oh? Are you hiding something?" Mino asks.

Jinwoo immediately closes his notebook and tries to act as natural as possible. He makes an excuse, "Ha. What are you talking about? I'm just reviewing the notes from the last lecture."

"Oh? Is it Korean History? Good timing! I was not able to attend class because of practice. Can I borrow your notes?" Mino says with an adorable smile that Jinwoo can't refuse. He is also taking Korean History and forced Jinwoo to take it with him.

Flustered Jinwoo doesn't have time to think and gave his notebook away, "Ah. Sure sure."

"Thanks!" Mino smiled then happily walks away.

 Jinwoo watched with a smile as Mino walks out of the coffee shop. Then, when Mino is out of his sight, he remembered what he wrote in his notebook. He panics and thinks, He wouldn't read it, would he? Afterall, it is at the back of my notebook. But at the back of his mind, he wants him to see it and it will kindof be his confession so he didn't have to worry about it anymore.

The next day, Mino returned Jinwoo's notebook back, "Here, hyung. Thanks!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter