Fin.

The Star of Stars
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark and Donghyuck have always been like this. Every summer since they met in elementary school has been like this, with Donghyuck and Mark in the the latter's backyard, reclined in lawn chairs, enjoying the hot summer breeze, and admiring the clear sky full of stars. 

 

The best part of summer is definitely getting to spend late nights together and enjoying each other's company. 

 

And years later, Mark is on his way to college and Donghyuck moving up to his senior year in high school. Recently, spending time together has not been as easy as before. With Donghyuck busy with being the student body president for the past school year and Mark finishing project after project, the two of them haven't been together much. It put a strain on their relationship, but they managed to overcome it. 

 

When the summer came around, the couple didn't hesitate to spend every minute possible with each other. More often than not, Donghyuck would stay over Mark's house and by this point in their friendship, their parents don't even care anymore. (Even though Mrs. Lee makes it a point to give them The Talk at least every two weeks.) 

A light breeze brings Mark back to the present. He feels himself smile and he inhales deeply. Yes, this is what contentment feels like. Mark's eyes wander over to his boyfriend next to him. Donghyuck has his eyes closed, but Mark can tell that he is still awake from the way his lips are lifted slightly in a small smile. 

 

Once Mark looks at him, he can't find it in himself to look away. The younger boy is just so mesmerizing like that. Donghyuck is literally the brightest boy that Mark has ever met. He's a star in himself, even if he doesn't think so himself. Mark can just look at him for the rest of his life. 

 

To him, Donghyuck is brighter than every one of the stars that they spend so much time looking at. Even the sun pales in comparison to the tanned skin and the vibrant smile of Lee Donghyuck. Donghyuck is a representation of life itself. His eyes shine when he's happy, and he always knows how to lighten up the room. There's just something about Donghyuck that makes everyone around him want to laugh with him, a trait that is uniquely Donghyuck. 

 

Mark loves him so much. 

 

"Mark, you're staring again." Donghyuck finally speaks after what must have been an hour, not even bothering to open his eyes. 

 

"Sorry, I didn't notice

Please log in to read the full chapter