Chapter 1

Until the Last Leaf Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello? Oh yeah, I’m here.” Baekhyun mumbles on his phone as he gets out of his car.
He leans on it, and stared at the huge building in front of him. 

“You’re gonna get dumped again. Also, didn’t you say you’ve been having mild headaches?” The one in the other line said in a low, and worried voice. Baekhyun shook his head then replied.

“Who knows? Today might be my lucky day! That’s exactly why I’m here. I’ll see ya later” He says in delight. It didn’t take long before he hangs up and shoots his phone back to his pocket. 

He happily skips towards the entrance, and suddenly drops his shoulder when he got in, with a poor expression painted on his face. 

As he rides the lift, he straightened his back before curving them again when he reached the 3rd floor. He slowly approached the reception and looked for a particular nurse.

“Nurse Im” He called in a pained tone, as he’s supposed to feel sick. (Although he’s really sick today.)

A beautiful lady with long limbs appeared from the back room. She raised her eyebrows when she recognized who called her. She sighed before greeting him. 

“Mr. Byun…” The nurse approached him with sympathy lined through her voice.

“My head hurts so bad again. I don’t think I can even make it to work. Could you please set me an appointment with Chan- uh, Dr. Park?” He hopefully asked the beautiful nurse. His head actually hurts, but it wasn’t that bad like he described, although it’s true that he can’t come to work because of his headache, as sometimes it would worsen. 

“He’s a little full today, you wouldn’t want to take his lunch time don’t you? Dr. Kim is available at the moment, is it okay if you see him instead?” She explains as she clicks on the mouse of the station computer. Although she knows that the guy is only pretending to be sick, she accompanies him anyway. He always pretends, so it’s expected of him, and she can barely tell if when is Baekhyun saying the truth. 

“No, that won’t do. Dr. Park is my doctor, I can only see him.” He tries hard not to raise his voice and to keep it a little broken to sound convincing. 

“Sorry, I can’t do anything more for you today Mr. Byun.” Nurse Im sighed as she faced the fake-pained patient. “Excuse me, I’ll have to do my rounds. See you around Mr. Byun, please take care of your health.” The nurse picks up her stethoscope and clipboard with sheets of paper in them. She caresses Baekhyun’s arms when she had to pass by him before proceeding to the wards. 

Baekhyun pouted and leaned on the counter. He tried to think of a way to get an appointment with Dr. Park, and all he could think of, is to sneak in the station and remove one of the patient’s appointment and put himself in, but he’s not that cruel.

After realizing that there’s no other way, he decides to withdraw himself from being leaned, and went down to the cafeteria. 

Dr. Park usually haves his lunch in that one famous Italian restaurant, so Baekhyun decides to wait for him there since it’ll be lunch time after 20 minutes. 

He ordered the doctor’s favorite dishes and sat there patiently, while stalking the doctor’s Instagram account. He couldn’t see much. There were only 47 posts, and most are taken from parties, medical missions, and there are only 3 photos of the doctor’s face, were showcased. 

As boredom strikes, Baekhyun blurts a sigh and just played mobile games. 
It didn’t took any longer, and the person he’s waiting for came. 

Baekhyun’s bored eyes sparkled when he glanced at the figure of his doctor.

“Dr. Park!” He called then raised his arm to wave at him. 

The doctor switched his gaze to his direction and sighed. He shook his head but walked towards the table, where Baekhyun was. 

“Mr. Byun…” Said the doctor in a monotone voice as he sat on the chair across Baekhyun. 

“Hi! I ordered your favorite food.” He flashes a smile, hoping it could lure his ultimate crush. 
It didn’t seem effective when he figured that Dr. Park remained emotionless. 

Baekhyun coughs before continuing. “Uhh, I’m having this headache lately, and I wanted to set an appointment with you so I came today, unfortunately your schedule’s full.” 

“Why didn’t you set an appointment with the other doctors then?” He coldly replies. 
Baekhyun blinked, he knows that the doctor knows the answer on why he wouldn’t want to have an appointment with a different doctor. 

“You’re my doctor, I should only see you.” The warm food arrives, smoke evaporates at the top of the dish, but the ice between them didn’t break. 

“And since you’re my patient, does that mean that I only have to see you?” He asks then picks up the pair of fork and knife from the side.

“It doesn’t work like that. I’m not sick everyday, in fact I’m quite healthy.” Baekhyun chuckles before taking a bite on the pizza. If it wasn’t for the atmosphere, he would’ve made a comment on how good the food was by now. 

“But then you pretend to be sick, yeah, not everyday, but weekly.” He stresses on his words.

Baekhyun looked down and mumbles the rephrased sentence that he says every time the doctor tells him off about pretending to be sick. 

“I just wanted to see you, Chanyeol.” He always says. Even in the times when he's really sick, he would say the same thing.

“You know my freaking number, you even know my address although I didn’t give them to you and until now I have no idea where you got them. The hospital isn’t the only place where you could see me.” Chanyeol responded after swallowing a forkful of his favorite pasta. He looks straight at Baekhyun with a slightly annoyed expression. 

Today is very strange. Chanyeol would usually shut him out right away, but he guessed that the doctor’s too tired to draw such conversation. They ate peacefully, with this soft but heavy conversation, at least not heavy like usual. 

Baekhyun sips on his iced tea while shaking his head sideways. 
“It’s not like you’ll actually agree if I ask you to hang out with me sometime.” He rolled his eyes before picking up some chicken using his fork. 

“Because I don’t have time for those.” He simply defends.

“Exactly.”

“Plus, why would I have to meet you? It’s not like we’re friends or something. I’m a doctor and you’re my patient, that’s our relationship.” Chanyeol takes the remaining strands of his pasta, finishes his drink then stood up. Baekhyun looked down for a second, feeling himself, checking if his heart is broken again, and if he needs a heart surgery thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter