Babysitter of a Bratty Millionaire

Noona

II. Babysitter of a Bratty Millionaire 
________________________________

"Y-You're what?!" Mrs. Kim exclaimed, the static vibrating against my ear from her raised tone.

I sighed through the line. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Kim. But I just had a request for babysitting another-" I paused, unsure of what to tell her since I was going to babysit a twenty-year-old K-Pop Idol. "-toddler..." She heaved out a breathy sigh.

"Alright, then," She said. "Please be careful, (Y/N). We'll make sure to arrive back home before six in the morning. May I please speak to Yugyeom?" I nodded, even though she couldn't see me perform the gesture. "Yugyeom-ah, it's Eomma!" I yelled from the first floor, cupping the static from my phone.

Little thumps trailed down the staircase as the grinning brunette darted toward me. "Mommy!" Yugyeom screamed in broken English. I handed over the phone to the toddler, bending my knees a bit in order for his hands to reach it.

"Yes, Eomma?"

Pause.

"Yes."

Pause.

"What?"

Long pause.

"O-Oh... okay. Love you..."

Yugyeom tapped the red End Call button, glancing up at me with glassy eyes that I've never encountered. Regardless of every naughty thing, he's done, I couldn't help but face him with a look of guilt overflowing my facial expression. "Y-You're leaving me? Why?" He stuttered, about to cry the four oceans.

I heaved out a long sigh, allowing the air I didn't even know I held in escape my lips. My knees completely bent over, a small smile danced across my mouth. "Cheer up my little Dongsaeng," I lifted his chin with my index finger, caressing his cheek gingerly with my thumb.

Yugyeom shook his head, shifting his silky bowl-cut styled hair back and forth. "No! You're leaving me, Noona! I can't be happy without you." He whined. A few droplets of salty liquid rolled down his cheeks; eyes creasing painfully. My lips tightened into a thin line at the sight, unsure if I would cry with him or stay strong.

"Yugie-ah~" I pulled him close to my chest, enveloping his petite frame with my arms. "Breathe. Inhale, exhale." I chuckled. His shoulders shuddered up and down, tears creating a puddle on my new tee.

I guess letting him go wasn't as easy as I thought...

"Yugyeom-ah, say bye-bye to (Y/N)." Mr. Kim spoke, nudging the toddler's shoulder gently. Yugyeom shifted his position on his stubby chair, uncomfortably stealing glances at my luggage. "I don't wanna..." He whispered with a head hung low. Mrs. Kim gave him a slight frown, his hair with care and pity.

I couldn't stop gazing at him. It hurt me as much as it did for him. My feet shot at the boy, flashing him a comforting grin before handing him my favorite stuffed toy puppy, Cocoa.

"Cocoa decided to stay here and watch over you. Promise me to take good care of her, okay?" I asked, watching his short arms cuddle with the stuffed animal. "Okay!" He piped, pecking the tip of the puppy's nose cutely.

"(Y/N)..." Mrs. Kim began, pursing her lips with worry at my direction. "Yes, Mrs. Kim?" I responded, lifting my orbs to hers. "Please... come visit often, yeah? We will miss you so much." She countered, stepping forward to squeeze me in a tight, long and sincere hug.

Tears trickled down my cheeks, warming them up into a scarlet red color. "Yes, Mrs. Kim." I sniffed, wiping off the tears with my sweater paw. They signaled me with a nod, Yugyeom's back facing me as he continued to snuggle with Cocoa.

I grasped onto the handles from my luggages, bowed at a ninety-degree angle and exited the building before hopping into my arranged taxi.

"(Y/N), meet the rest of Bangtan!" Jimin announced, leading me toward the living room where the rest of the members laid, sprawled in a weird manner upon the stuffed carpeting and sofas.

I bowed a perfect ninety degrees, cracking a nervous grin. Jin was the first to stand and approach me. "Hello! Do you know anneyonghaseyo-" But was abruptly cut off my Jimin's warning glare. I was gratefully able to stifle a giggle. "Yah, I'm your Hyung. Anyway, welcome to Bangtan's dorm, (Y/N). My name is Kim Seokjin." Jin said, slightly bowing to you.

"Hello, Seokjin Sunbae." I replied, dipping my upper-half to mimic his bow. "No need to be so formal around me, (Y/N)," Jin chuckled, petting my head warmly. I already felt like their little Dongsaeng.

"Ah, right over there is-" But this time, I cut him off. "Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok, and Taehyung." I finished with a triumphant nod. Jin looked frazzled, but Jimin just nudged me teasingly while eye smiling. "She's ARMY, Hyung. But she isn't like those Sasaengs."

Jin approvingly nodded from the background information. All eyes locked on me, I coughed to tear the awkward atmosphere with a nice question. "So... where is Jungkook?" I asked, my orbs darting around the house for the missing Golden Maknae. Jimin and the rest sighed painfully. "Jungkook locked himself in his room. He wants to leave with us tomorrow for our concert in the Philippines, but he was in critical condition from when he caught the flu a week ago." Jin explained, topping everything with another sigh filled with frustration.

"Doctors said to just let him stay at home and get lots rest. But you know how stubborn the kid is." Suga added, disgracefully shaking his head with eyes rolling. "Ah... don't worry. I'll take good care of him."

"Uh... Hyungs." A faint voice grumbled. Everyone's attention (including mine) shot toward the practically dead Maknae. "Jungkook-ah! Back to your bedroom!" Jin ordered in a stern tone. Jungkook tossed his head back, wheezing out a groan. "Hyung... who's she?" Jungkook questioned, eyeing me with one eyebrow cocked upwards.

His hair was spiked up as if he just woke up, his red eyes twitched, and he sniffled almost every second. What happened to the International Playboy I once knew on television? "Jungkook, this is (Y/N). (Y/N), this is Jungkook. She will be your babysitter while we're gone." Jimin led me up the stairs to meet Jungkook, shrinking in my own world.

The height difference between us was incredible.

"Nice to meet you (Y/N)." He smirked, taking a hold of my hand and firmly shaking it. "You too, Jungkook." I replied, struggling to form a smug smirk on my lips like his. "Now now, Jungkook. (Y/N) is older than you so show some respect for your elders!" J-Hope giggled, linking his arm with Jungkook's; his expression screaming pride.

I carefully nodded, not realizing that I was about two years older than Jungkook. "My bad, (Y/N) Sunbae." Jungkook apologized, taunting me as the phrase Sunbae rolled off his tongue smoothly.

"Aw, you guys are getting along already! How about the two of you continue talking in the kitchen, yeah?" Jin chirped, clasping his hands together like he just walked into a room of pink. "Sure."

The two of you stepped into the kitchen, escorting yourselves to the stools planted around the counter's edge. "So, Jungkook," I started, tapping the marble countertop in a random pattern. "I just want to say that if you're not comfortable with this whole thin-" Jungkook glared, somehow making my tongue twist.

"I am very uncomfortable with this whole thing. If I didn't get this flu, I wouldn't have to miss a concert, and spend time with you." Jungkook hissed, eyes creased to a tiny size from the anger and irritation.

I rolled my eyes at the deceiving man. "Pshh, yeah. And look where that got you. Forcing yourself will only make the illness worse. Besides, it's only a month... I think," I shrugged. Jungkook's glare shot a hole through my body. His stare was pissing me off. "Speaking of being uncomfortable, could you quit staring at me? I would appreciate it." I retorted, sassily flipping my hair over my shoulder. Jungkook chuckled darkly.

"I'm gonna head to bed," He yawned, slipping off the stool. "No need to worry while I'm gone, Noona." He winked before his pounding footsteps descended into his unlit room.

A growl left my mouth, my mind far gone from the fact that he's known worldwide.

I'm babysitting a bratty bunny millionaire. Perfect.






 

[A/N]
Unedited. Sorry for the really bad chapter. I'll make sure to update soon for LIMERENCE, so stay tuned!
-ejbangtan❤️