Never Going to Change

Never Going to Change - Zelo

Tears continued to fill your eyes until your phone chimed beside you. Opening the newly received text message, your eyes read over the message quickly before you grabbed your things and trotted out the door. Sliding behind the wheel, you pulled the seatbelt around you as you clicked it into place. Resting your hand on your baby bump, you took a deep breath as your hand lovingly rubbed your rounded stomach.

“It’s time to go meet daddy at the airport” You whispered before starting the engine and heading to the airport. Your hand rested on your stomach as you drove as thoughts raced through your mind. A kick came from within you as it hit your hand bringing you out of your thoughts, a smile curled on your lips as you shook your head at the little one knowing that he or she is more like Zelo than you had thought.

Pulling down your visor you reviewed your reflection as you saw your lightly curled hair, your large knit sweater hanging over your figure while a simple but elegant gold necklace drooped and tapped the top of your rounded stomach. Jeans outfit your legs as tan boots matched the color of your sweater.

Exiting the car, you closed the door behind you as you walked across the parking lot into the terminal. Finding the right airline and then the right returning gate, you nervously stood there as fangirls with posters welcomed the members back too. Standing towards the back of the crowd, you heard the sound of the screams get louder as the members slowly exited the tunnel. Strutting down the tunnel of fangirls, the members passed you with a smile. Greeting them warmly, you watched Zelo come out among one of the last members.

Watching his eyes search for something, or someone, your heart skipped in your chest as it pounded against your rib cage. Setting his eyes on you, he rounded the metal barrier as he held out his hand for you to take.

“Care to walk with me, gorgeous?” Zelo’s eyes twinkled as you nodded, sliding your hand into his to answer his request.

The fangirls screams ebbed away as the two of you continued to walk further away from the crowds. Your fingers intertwined with his as you glanced over at him as he covered his face with sunglasses, your eyes dropped to his black leather jacket with red leather sleeves. His black cuffs contrasted against your cream sweater as his graphic tee underneath added a pop of color while his black skinny jeans allowed the outfit to flow down to his shoes that spotlighted all of his colors within his outfit.

Your eyes sayed down as you continued to walk, your eyes resting on your baby bump as your hand wanted to go towards the bump to try and hide it. Pulling down on your long sweater, you felt Zelo squeeze your hand gently as he slowed down.

“Everything okay?” He whispered as he moved his lips against the shell of your ear. Just nodding your head, you watched as the members loaded into the van. Pulling away from you, he gave you a soft warm smile before pressing his lips against your temple lovingly. Turning away from you, he outreached his hand to tap the managers shoulder.

The manager looked over his shoulder as he nodded his head to their prearranged request, “Don’t forget your bags.”

“Thanks manager-nim” Zelo bowed as the baggers had already pulled his luggage from being packed into the back of the van. A bagger followed the two of you as the two of you waved at the van as they pulled out.

Passing by the lined rows of cars, you brushed your thumb against his fingers as your mind began to race. Knowing that you had to tell him, you wondered if he had any idea of the new that you had yet to tell him. Running your tongue across your lips lightly

Approaching the car, you unlocked the doors and popped the trunk as the bagger placed the suitcases and duffles into the trunk of the car. Zelo detached his hand from yours as he went over to help the bagger. Once everything fit snugly into the trunk, he closed the hatchback before thanking the bagger. Bowing to one another, you watched the young bagger head back to his post.

Turning your eyes back to Zelo, you caught his eyes already locked on you. Taking a moment to bask with being in your presence, he shuffled over to the passenger side door and pulled it open. Smiling at his gentleman gesture, you pressed a kiss on his cheek before you slid into your seat. Closing the door behind you, he rounded the car and slid into his seat behind the wheel. Pulling out of the airport, he laced his hand with yours as you couldn’t take your eyes off of his profile while he was occupied driving.

“You sure everything is okay?” Zelo chuckled feeling the presence of your eyes on him.

“Mhmmm” You hummed, “I am just glad to have you back” Your voice began to crack towards the end as the volume of your voice tapered off.

Lifting your intertwined hands up to his lips, the warmth of his lips pressed against the back of your hand as he continued to drive.

“You don’t know how good it was to see you” Zelo confessed as your intertwined hands descended and rested on your thigh.

“I have an idea…” You told him as you wrapped your arm around his, cuddling his arm, your head rested against his shoulder as his scent swept over you. Calming your racing heart, you took a deep breath and let it out being content.

Zelo glanced down at you as he couldn’t help but smile as he finally saw you relax slightly. Turning on some light music for the background the two of you enjoyed the company of one another on the drive back to your home.

The sun dropped in the sky as bright colors painted across the horizon as Zelo pulled into an emptied parking space at your home. Allowing his eyes to scan your body wrapped around his arm, he brushed some hair behind your ear before the backs of his fingers brushed against your cheek. The soft touch was enough to wake you from your light sleep as you looked up at him.

“Shall we go inside and do some proper cuddling?” Zelo chuckled, a bright smile curling on his lips

“Yes, please” Your sleepy voice whispered as he beamed brighter hearing your manners.

Untangling yourself from one another, the two of you exited the car as Zelo grabbed the only bag he needed for the night. With your hand in his, the two of you scaled up a few flights of stairs to the apartment door. Opening the door with ease, he pushed the door open for you to walk in first. Stepping through you heard him walk through as well, closing the front door behind him quietly. Dropping his bag on the ground, you began to turn around as his arms wrapped around you and pulled you against him.

Your eyes closed in his embrace as your arms s under his jacket and wrapped around his torso. Knowing that you were in the safety of your home, you allowed your walls to come down just for him. Stepping closer to him, he held you tighter as his head nuzzled into the crook of your neck. Dropping his hands down your back, his fingers spread slightly as you began to worry once more as his hands wandered down to your mid to lower back.

“Zelo…” You whispered softly as you felt your hands retracting from him to rest on his sides.

“Yes sweetheart?” He whispered back, loosening his grip on you slightly. Lifting your eyes, you peered into his brown orbs as he continued to hold you tightly. Pausing a moment, you felt the baby move inside of you and with a kick, Zelo snapped his eyes down to his abdomen where something had kicked him.

“The baby wanted to welcome you home too… “ You gave him a soft smile as his grip released on you, his hands moved to your hips as your hands rested on your baby bump.

“How has the little one been doing?” He questioned with a smile as he cautiously placed his hand on your stomach.

“W-Wait… you k-k-knew?” You questioned thinking that he would have taken it differently

The nodding of his head told all, “Before I left I was stashing my notes for you and I found your pregnancy test. I wanted to tell you but I didn’t know if you were ready to tell me or not. I wanted to respect your timing to tell me.”

“S-S-So you are okay with this?” You stammered still in shock

“Of course I am, we are a team and I couldn’t stop thinking about you or the baby when I was on tour” He whispered, lifting up one of his hands, he carefully cradled your cheek as he pressed his lips on your forehead. Emotions washed over you as you pulled yourself back into his chest, your fingers tangled in the fabric of his t shirt as relief washed over you. Holding you tightly against him, he kissed the crown of your head before whispering:

“_______, I love you and that is something that is never going to change. Now, we just have a little one to love too.”