Notes

Never Going to Change - Zelo

The next morning came as you slowly woke up, convincing yourself to take a nice long shower, you headed into the bathroom as a note rested up against the mirror. Curiously reaching out, you pulled the enveloped note off of its resting place as your thumb brushed up underneath the flap. Tearing apart the adhesive, you lifted a tri folded paper from the envelope. Straightening out the paper between your fingers, your eyes read your name that the letter was addressed to.

_________,

I just wanted to remind you that you are beautiful. I know that you try to impress me with your various hair styles, your palates of makeup and accessories. But I find you beautiful when I wake up to you, sleeping beauty. I find you beautiful when you take a bite of food and then laugh at one of my jokes. I find you beautiful when you are on the couch and under the weather, all curled up under a blanket and running a hot fever. I find you beautiful when your hair blows in your face from me rolling down the windows on our long drives. I find you beautiful when you are you. To me, no matter what you do, you are always beautiful

Forever yours,

Z

Tears filled your eyes as you read the cute note that he had lovingly handwritten for you. Going on with your days, the days turned into weeks and weeks into months as you discover note after note. Highlighting various aspects about you that he loved, found cute, charming or just wanted to remind you of.

The reminders were much needed as you couldn’t help but wish that he was beside you as the symptoms of pregnancy began to consume you with the months that passed.

One day, you sat on your bed, with all of the notes that you had collected scattered out around you. Your eyes scanned over the first sentence of each.

I just wanted to remind you that you are beautiful.

I let you choose the movies on our date night so that you can cuddle closer to me underneath our blanket.

Don’t forget to go out and look at the stars so you can see what I do when I peer into your eyes.

I know things are hard right now and I can’t talk much and it feels like I am more distant than ever with you but I promise that no matter where I am in the world, you are my world.

I love it when I come home and hear your music through the front door as you are dancing in the living room without a care in the world.

I love it when we can’t sleep and I twirl you around the living room, with or without music.

Having you in my arms is where I truly feel like I belong and where I call home.