The War

Where Dreams Have No Ends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: The War

Sehun lunges, Jongin parries, then attacks the latter. Which makes Sehun a bit flush. He wasn't aware that the other boy was good in fencing too. Sehun tries to knock the sword out of Jongin's hand but Jongin deflects the blade, whirls around and lunges.  Making Jongin ahead for points!

He gets the jump on Jongin and comes in low.  Then again, Sehun lunges but Jongin catches his sword and sweeps it in a full circle pulling them together, mask-to-mask.  They break. Park Sehun charges but Jongin side-steps and Sehun runs past him.  He stops and whips around to find Jongin lunging toward him. ..He steps back, loses his balance and falls -first into a water through, landing with a huge splash.  Audience explodes with laughter.

Jongin reaches out to help Sehun. "Sorry, let me help you–" 

"No, let me, help you!" Sehun then grabs Jongin's hand and yanks him into the trough.

"–Ah! Why did you do that for?!" The Campers crack-up as the two boys sit soaking, side-by-side. 

"Me?!" Sehun shouts, "It was you!"

"Ugh! I did not!" Jongin blocks. He knows he just wanted to help the boy. But he just went on his way and pulled him with him. What a childish boy he thinks. 

"What a show!" Zitao shouts as he was being followed by Kris. He smiles at the two competitors. They climb out together and angrily pull off their masks. "Looks like we got ourselves a new camp champ from Seoul,  Mr Byun Jongin!" Sehun angrily throws his mask on the ground while Jongin tried to fix his suit, back facing each other. 

"Let's' shake hands, boys." Zitao says, smiling, not realizing something weird about the two.

Kris sighs when the two doesn't turn around to face each other so he speaks up. "Come on, be a sport. There's no need to be mad. It was a friendly match, it was bound to be this way." Sehun rolls his eyes while Jongin sighs. Both boys turn around simultaneously. Earning a gasp from everyone. Even Sehun gasps. He can't believe what he was seeing. 

They both freeze. It was spontaneous, Jongin thinks. He's looking at someone who looks exactly like him. What in the world was happening? Sehun extends his and hand and Jongin takes it. He feels something, it makes him tinge. What was that? Jongin thinks. Sehun was the first one to break teh handshake and coughs. He looks around. 

"Why is everyone staring?" He asks. 

"Don't you see it?" Jongin asks. Hesitating to even tell the latter what was weird. 

"See what?" Sehun's face was showing an annoying look. 

"The resemblance between us." Jongin says.

"Resemblance? Quit joking!" Sehun laughs, "But, let me see. Turn around." Jongin eyes him. 

"Are you serious?"

"Well yeah? Turn around." Sehun answers sassily. Jongin rolls his eyes but turns around. "Turn side ways." and Jongin does what he was told.  "Now, the other way."

"What the heck?" 

Sehun smirks, as he continues. "Well, your eyes are much closer together than mine.  Your  ears stick out, your teeth are crooked and that nose... well, don't worry, those things can be fixed." Donghae and Minho laughs beside Sehun who crosses his arms over his chest while. Jongin huffs in annoyance. 

Jongin can't believe he was being infuriate by a person who looks like him but has a trashy attitude. 

"Do you want me to punch him for you?" Taemin asks Jongin,

"Hold on," Sehun speaks up again, "I'm not quite finished.  You want to know the real difference between us?" 

Jongin talks before Sehun can even do it first. " Let me see... I know how to fence and you don't."  he smirks, as he sees Sehun's face twist in annoyance. "Or, I have class and you don't. Take your pick," He smiles triumphantly as he sees Sehun mutter something under his breath.

"Why, I oughta...!" Sehun steps closer, infuriated and Jongin does the same until they're glaring at each other closely. That's when Kris buts in. 

"Okay, boys, time to break-up this little love fest.  Sehun... Jongin..." He says, looks at them and notices how they look alike "I mean, Jongin... Sehun..." and he gives up. Kris was so confused for the first time in his life. 

 

~*~

 

That night there was something big going in inside El Dorado's cabin. It was Jongin beating every single person inside the house with the game poker. 

Jongin smiles and puts his cards down. "Sorry boys," he adds, "Read em and weep." He takes all the money that was on the table and counts. 

"I'm out," Jinki says, Jongin's opponent.

"So that's it?" He looks around, still counting his money. "No more takers?" Everyone in the room sneers. Jongin has already beaten anyone. So it was a win for him. Until he hears the door open. 

"I'll take a whack at it." It was Sehun. Slowly approaching with his sunglasses on and a sock full of coi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter