001

nostalgia.

the flowers are beautiful in the summer. they're blooming under the bright sun, waiting to be rained upon. but they're happy. they're happy under the scorching sun as bratty high schoolers hastily found their ways in the shelter, complaining about the overwhelming heat. the beautiful wind that passed them by once in awhile, the enchanting shades of blue and fluffy large clouds hanging above, they failed to notice the beauty behind everything.

 

jungkook noticed a boy standing at the side. a small boy. bunny toothed, beautiful bright smile. sitting in the middle of his 'hyung's. they named themselves bangtan boys. beautiful friendship, cute, adorable and everything positive. 

 

"you cheated!" jimin screeches, standing up on his feet, putting his hands on his hip with a grumpy look on his chubby face. 

jimin.

 

instead of sharp, defined jawlines, they were hidden behind chubby soft fats. his eyes weren't observant and filled with sadness. they were round and filled with joy.

 

jungkook could only stay at the side, staring at them.

 

"it's just a game, chill." yoongi protests, a calming tone, followed by a smile.

 

funny.

 

yoongi never smiles.

 

he looked smaller.

 

jungkook only stared at the side for a long time.

 

and jin started telling them their old dad jokes.

 

namjoon started dancing.

 

they were laughing.

 

hoseok was joining namjoon.

 

they were happy.

 

"okay, let's go."

 

jungkook shifted in his seat.

 

they were about to leave. 

 

he hid behind the wall further hoping they wouldn't find him there.

 

and when they left, jungkook peeked again.

 

the bunny toothed boy remained seated there.

 

 

the bunny boy hugged himself and looked up.

 

their eyes met.

 

 

it's been awhile.

 

jeon jungkook.