Back Again

Looking for love

Lee Alyne's POV

'So here I am again... S.M University. ', i thought as I lunged my suitcase from my parents car.

"Go on to your room, me and your dad will get the rest of your stuff.", my mom called out from the front seat of the car.

I have been studying in this university for the past two semesters and was back to college after a long relaxing summer break of doing nothing but lying around in my house, binging on old T.V shows and periodically getting into fights with my younger sister. 

As I walked to my dorm reminiscing about the good old days at home, I was suddenly caught in a bear-hug from behind.

"Alyne-na!!", it was my roommate and my bestfriend, Kim Yoona.

"I missed you soooo much!!!", she cried as she continued to hug me with all her strength (which was not so hard considering how thin and frail she was). I had known Yonna since middle school, I just moved into the ciy and the only person who was kind enough to talk with the new kid from the country-side was a certain over-enthusiastic girl. Yoona and me just clicked, we were so different but our differences just made us like eachother more. She was so much more chic and cooler than I could ever be. It seemed as if she was always on point- flawless face (wih minimal makeup), flawless body and whats more she had the best atitude.

"Hey!!! When did you get here?!? I missed you too, my precious Yoona!", I exclaimed as I hugged her back.

We eventually got ourselves out from hugging and walked into our room.

'Same as before', I thought to myself as I walked into my room. Yoona had already arranged all of her stuff. She had also already decorated her side of the room with fairy lights and polariod pictures of her family, me and her boyfriend of 3 years pasted all over the wall near her bed.

"So, how are things with the love of your life?", I asked as I moved towards her bed to get a closer look at her pictures.

"You know, same old, same old. He came over to my house during the break and even met my parents! They loved him!", she said exclaimed as she lovingly looked at a picture of her and her boyfriend holding hands and looking into the sunset, the picture which I took when we we went to the beach the past year.

"Did you meet anyone?", Yoona nudged me with her elbow, "You know, someone special???"

"Nope.", I replied as I rolled my suitcase near my bed, lay it down and opened it to reveal a hige pile of clothes.

"Awwwww... Alyne. You are already 19 and you have not had a single boyfriend. Are you lesbian or are you planning to be single for the rest of your life?", she followed me.

"You know I am not into any of those relationship stuff, at least not now. I am far to busy for a boyfriend."

"Busy eating? Playing games? Watching shows? If only you would let me set you up with someone. I can literally think of a million guys who would love to go out with you", she huffed and folded her arms.

"Oh, come on! I have been in our room for about ten minutes and you've already started nagging me!", I rolled my eyes, "I believe I will find someone when the time is right. Its like that song If its meant to be, it'll be, it'll be....", I sang knowing that Yoona loves singing.

A spark suddenly shined in her eyes and we ended up singing the same song about ten times.

"By the way, did you know that the management has shuffled all the Art students and divided them into different classes??", Yoona asked me casually as she helped me arrange my clothes into the wardrobe.

"WHAT"

"Yeah, they sent a email explaining how they wants the students to make new friends and how shuffling students would help create some kind of excitement.", she continued, "The good news is that me and my man are finally in the same class but the sad news is that you are not."

"WHAT"

"Its okay", Yoona shurged, "I know you dont like talking with new people but its not like you and I will not meet at all, we are roommates you know. I mean, you'll eventually make new friends and I agree with the management: some people are in dire need of new friends. You know I am taking about you right?"

"How can this be?", I wailed, "You know I am an extreme introvert. How do you expect me to make new friends?!?!"

"Like I said, its not the end of the world", Yoona put the last of my clothes into the wardrobe, "Maybe you'll meet a guy.", she happily chirped.

"What the hell is it with you and my lovelife??? If I didn't know better, I swear you'd have planned this."

"Who knows?", she gave me a sly smile, "I am off to meet bae, meet you later!" and skipped out.