Day One

Daddy Duties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jiwon watched as his three kids looked teary-eyed, facing his wife, the mother of his kids, who was wearing a simple grey sweater and black jeans, a mask placed by her chin. Bobby sighed, hearing sniffing sounds.

 

“Come on, Haneul-ah. It’s just three days. Omma will come back as soon as I can,” Hayi said, smiling when the 11-year-old Haneul just nodded and looked away, tyring to appear nonchalant but there were tears in his eyes. Hayi sighed and lovingly patted his head.

 

“Promise?” their daughter, who just turned six asked, raising her pinky finger. Hayi smiled and kneeled down to be in level with her daughter, lacing their fingers.

 

“Oh, omma promise to come back soon, Jieun-ah,” she said, smiling when Jieun giggled and smile, too. Hayi opened her arms which prompted Jieun to hug her mother.

 

“Omma, saranghae,” Jieun whispered and Hayi couldn’t help but be teary-eyed before letting go of Jieun. She stood up and approached Jiwon who was carrying in his arm their youngest, the two-year-old Joongi.

 

“Joongi-ah, kiss omma,” Hayi said, kissing her son, making Joongi giggled. She look up and stare at her husband.

 

“Are you sure you can handle this? Maybe we should call ommoni,” she said and Bobby just smiled while shaking his head.

 

“I can do this, Hi. How hard would this be?” Bobby cheekily said and Hayi rolled her eyes.

 

“You never tried taking care of three kids alone before, Kim Jiwon,” Hayi answered and glared at him.

 

“We’re gonna be fine. Go. You’ll be late for your flight,” he said before kissing Hayi’s forehead. Hayi sighed and nodded.

 

“I love you, Ji.”

 

“I love you more, Hi.”

 

“Kim Haneul, don’t get into fights, okay? Jieun-ah, look after these boys for omma, please,” she said and she saw Bobby chuckled as Jieun cutely salute while Haneul pouted. “Omma’s gonna miss you all.” She blew kisses to each of them before walking the short pathway towards the gate, a white van waiting there. Bobby saw the car window was rolled down and Suhyun animatedly waved her hand, making him shook his head. Suhyun was having a comeback and of course, she want to have a collab with her favorite unnie so after a long discussion, Hayi accepted the collab, thus, they’re now going to Japan to shoot the MV.

 

“Three days, huh?” Bobby mumbled as they watched the van pulled away from the side and drove away. He felt small hand held his and look down, seeing Jieun tilting her head.

 

“Appa, let’s play!” she excitedly called and Bobby smiled, seeing the excitement of his daughter.

Bobby laughed as Jieun took a bath, his daughter's giggles filling the bathroom. She was busy popping the bubbles in the tub while Bobby wash her hair.

 

“Appa?”

 

“Yes, baby?”

 

“I wanna play with oppa!” she exclaimed and Bobby sighed. Haneul was often outside, playing with boys his age outside or sulking on his room with his headphones on. 

 

“Jieun-ah, your oppa is busy,” he explained but Jieun pouted, facing her father.

 

“But oppa plays with Joongi, too. But not with me,” she murmured. “Oppa doesn't like me?” she asked, her eyes turned watery. She really looked exactly like Hayi, except for her small eyes that resembles his.

 

“No, no! Of course not! Haneul likes you. Now close your eyes, I’m gonna wash your hair,” he said as he rinsed off the shampoo on her hair.

 

When Bobby finally finished drying Jieun’s hair, she excitedly run towards her room, . Bobby laughed when Haneul suddenly shouted, scolding Jieun for running around the house, and for being . He bet that his eldest was feeling embarrassed. Kim Haneul was always a conservative kid. 

 

“Appa!”

 

Bobby run when he heard Jieun’s quivering voice. He entered his kids’ room to see Jieun standing in the center of the room, crying, while Haneul was sitting on his bed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter