Day Two

Daddy Duties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jiwon repeatedly blinked his eyes. He groaned when he tried to move and felt his muscles hummed in protest. His arms felt numb. He tried to move his right arm only to hear a muffled protest. He looked down and realized that there they were, him and his kids, all crammed in Jieun’s bed, Joongi sleeping on his father’s chest, Jieun used Bobby's right arm as a pillow, and Haneul was beside Jieun, sleeping soundly, hugging his sister. He couldn’t help but smile. How did they end up in this position again?

 

Oh, yeah. Joongi woke up in the middle of the night, looking for his omma so Bobby struggled to make his youngest go to bed and in the end, he just made him sleep on his chest, because whenever Bobby would put Joongi back in his crib, he would start fussing and crying. When Bobby finally get the chance to close his eyes, Jieun accidentally fell down her bed. Bobby grumbled, hearing Jieun sobbing. He mentally cursed, forgetting to put enough pillows on Jieun’s side, seeing that his daughter have a tendency to move around her bed when sleeping. Bobby struggled to get up with Joongi in his arms. Thankfully, Haneul was waken by Jieun’s cry and picked up his sister, letting her sleep beside him. But Jieun didn’t even stopped crying. So, in the end, they all slept in Jieun’s bed.

 

The sound of the doorbell get Bobby out of his musing. He sit up, hugging Joongi and letting Jieun’s head to gently fell on her Hello Kitty pillow. Bobby tapped Haneul who groggily wake up, blinking at his father repeatedly.

 

“Jieun,” Bobby said and stood up, Joongi still in his arms. Haneul must have understand what his father meant with this because he immediately pulled his sister in his arms. Bobby then tuck Joongi in his crib. He walked towards their front door and felt the blood circulating fast in his numb arm and mentally cursed. Bobby’s brows furrowed seeing the woman waiting outside through the monitor. He shrugged and went out to open their gate. 

 

“Good morning!” she cheerfully greeted and slightly bowed at Bobby who nodded.

 

“What are you doing here, Jen?” he asked as they walked the short distance towards the main door and Jennie tilted her head, uncannily like Jieun, it made Bobby’s brows to be more furrowed. Jennie smiled and just entered without answering, removing her shoes and grabbing the spare house slippers.

 

“Where are the kids?” Jennie asked, looking around the living room. It was a mess. Jieun’s toys were scattered around the room. There were crumbs of junk foods on the coffee table and Joongi’s milk bottles were lying either on the couch or on the floor. It was… chaotic, Jennie thought.

 

“Wow, what did you guys do? Party all day?” she playfully asked, turning around and facing Bobby, smirking at him, making Bobby pouted.

 

“Well… I forgot to clean,” Bobby sheepishly answered, scratching the back of her neck and Jennie just shook her head.

 

“Well, I’ll be making your breakfast so clean this place, oppa,” Jennie said as she walked towards the kitchen.

 

So Kim Jiwon cleaned up the mess they made. The kids and him kinda go all out yesterday. They just played and laze around. Well, he took 3 day-offs specifically since Hayi would be away and he have to take care of the kids. And hell, it was really hard. Between Haneul’s competitiveness as they played video games, Jieun’s never ending energy, and Joongi’s tendency to cry and asked for milk, yeah he was so exhausted.

 

He sat on the couch after cleaning, stifling his yawn. He was still sleepy. He heard his ringtone resonating the house and remembered that his phone was on the kids’ room. He was about to stood up and fetch his phone when Haneul went out their room, carrying a still sleeping Joongi, holding his father’s phone, with Jieun beside him, grasping the hem of his brother’s shirt.

 

“Appa!” Jieun shouted as Haneul passed the phone to his father. He looked at the flashing screen and saw Jisoo’s name. He swiped the green button to answer the call.

 

“Yup, hello,” Bobby answered and paused, hearing Jisoo’s nasal voice. “Ah, de. . . Hmm. . . Kamsahmida, Jisoo-yah,” he said and ended the call.

 

“Was that Auntie Jisoo?” Haneul asked, he was now sitting beside his father, Joongi curled on his brother’s chest, still sound asleep.

 

“Yup. I asked her last night if she could come and cook for your breakfast,” Bobby explained and Haneul snickered, knowing that his father didn’t really know how to cook.

 

“Yah!” Kim Jieun shouted, making the three males, yes, including Joongi who immediately opened his eyes, hearing his noona’s angry voice, looked at her. She stood up in front of them, her hands in her hips, trying her best to glare but it ended up looking cute. “Appa! Why are you talking to Auntie Jisoo?!” she shouted and Bobby would never admit it but she looked exactly like Hayi whenever she was angry, with her puffy cheeks and the way she crinkled her nose. 

 

“Huh? Eun-ah, appa just don’t want to poison us, you know,” Haneul teasingly answered, earning a glare from his father, but the two ended up laughing and Joongi laughed, too, even though he didn’t understand what was happening. They stop when they heard a sniff and Jieun suddenly sat on the floor, loudly crying and even kicking her little feet around.

 

“Uh… Eun-ah,” Haneul called and stretch his arm to her but she swat it away.

 

“Appa! Omma … will be… sad… You’re … Auntie Jisoo…” Jieun said in between her sobs and Bobby sighed. This girl, really. The first time Jisoo went to their house and met Jieun, her daughter immediately picked up how Hayi was uncomfortable with Jisoo’s presence and Jieun concluded enough to know that her mother didn’t like her Auntie Jisoo hanging around her father. Even though Hayi already explained to Jieun that it was nothing and they’re all friends, Jieun was still cautious when it’s about Jisoo. In her six-year-old mind, Jisoo’s presence meant that her mother would be sad.

 

Bobby sighed and kneeled in front of her daughter, cupping her cheeks. “Baby, it’s nothing, Auntie Jisoo was just-“ he stopped midsentence when Jieun suddenly pushed him away and continue crying. Damn, whenever Jieun started with her tantrums, it was hard to stop her, and it was usually him who could sooth her, well except when Jieun’s angry at him.

 

“Jieun-ah, why are you crying, baby?”

 

The Kims all turned and saw Kim Jennie approaching them. She kneeled beside Bobby. Jieun’s eyes widen before launching herself to Jennie.

 

“Auntie Jen!” she cried and Jennie just patted her back comfortingly. She arranged Jieun in her arms to support Jieun’s weight before standing up, Jieun in her arms.

 

“Yah, oppa! What did you do this time?” Jennie asked as Jieun’s cries decreased. Bobby shrugged, watching Jieun finally calm down. Yeah, except for him, the other people who could calm Jieun down was her mother, Lee Hayi and the ever beautiful Jennie Kim. 

 

“Its Jieun's Auntie Jisoo issue,” Haneul nonchalantly said and Jieun glared (but again, it ended making her looked cuter) at her brother when she heard him. Haneul just winked at his sister.

 

“This is exactly the reason why unnie asked me to come here and make you guys some breakfast,” Jennie said, settling Jieun down on the couch beside Haneul. She faced the kids. “I made pancakes. The syrups are already on the table,” she stated and the three excitedly run towards the dining room. Jennie smiled watching Jieun grabbed Haneul’s hand while Joongi giggled as he run on his wobbly feet, Haneul holding his hand. She faced Bobby and gave a disapproving look at him. “Seriously, oppa, you know how would Jieun react yet you asked Jisoo-unnie to come here? Thankfully, unnie have common sense to be sensitive enough and instead asked me for her sake.”

 

“Well…” Bobby shrugged his shoulders and followed his kids on the dining room. He watched, laughingly as Jieun spread strawberry syrup on her pancakes, while Haneul was covering his nose. His eldest hated the smell of strawberries so much, he didn’t want to eat anything with strawberries in it. Kim Haneul sighed as he spread maple syrup on his pancakes. Meanwhile, Joongi, sitting on his high chair, watched his hyung and noona. Bobby laughed when Joongi grabbed the chocolate syrup, making the two suddenly shout. Joongi just laughed and squeezed the container. Yup, this kid always do this whenever they have pancakes. Now, the table have chocolate syrup all over it, even their pancakes. He shook his head, another cleaning time, he guess.

 

“Where’s Hanbin anyway?” Bobby asked Jennie who was giggling at the kids antics. Her smile vanished when she heard the question. 

 

“Huh? At the studio,” she answered as she approached Joongi who was now the chocolates sticking on his hands. “Joongi-yah, don’t do that,” she said, prying his hands away from his mouth.

 

“Oh. I shouldn’t have ask,” Bobby murmured, frowning. Huh. His best friend needs to know his priorities.

Kim Jiwon sighed as he drove his car towards Mapogu. Kim Hanbin was doing it again. It's his day off but their leader called him up, saying that their demo song was given back by their Sajangnim and they need to edit it out to Yang Hyunsuk and Yang Minsuk's preferences. He glanced by the rearview mirror, looking at his kids at the backseat. Joongi was in the middle, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter