Chapter 2

Just him

A week has passed, she didn't receive any email. She waited for another month. Hoping he was busy to reply to her or the letter he had replied may have been delayed due to some issues. She even checked if her letter has been delivered or not. a season had passed and she understood his reply. He was not interested in her than being more than a friend. She cried herself many nights to sleep. She didn't understand, how can he leave her hanging, she was not a stranger that has asked him out. They have known each other for years. Did she mean so less to him that he would not even give her a reply. This thought has become more hurting to her than the thought of being rejected.

She was even wondering maybe he had been in some situation, if he was fine and healthy. Thoughts of him may not being fine worried her too. She wanted to talk to him and ask if he was okay but he never has mentioned his contact number in any of their previous letters. She tried convincing herself that he is fine but had rejected her. A year had passed and she came across an article about a Korean photographer who had become popular in the west. That was him. The article further said that he would be coming to Korea next month for a project. She clearly remembered that day. 

"yah, are you crazy?" bo ah shouted at her they both looked at a figure surrounded by a few reporters at the airport from afar and continued saying 
"did you drag me here so that you could peek at him from a distance?"
"I just wanted to confirm if he is healthy or not?" so eun said feeling little defeated. He seemed fine now, did he happen to forget his past or what so eun wondered, how could he not reply to her in almost one and half years. 
"do you think he had some amnesia and forgot about his past life or what? This isn't a drama so eun ah" so eun was left speechless at bo ah's words. True how was she even hoping that could be the case. She is pabo. 
The drive return home was completely silent, bo ah spoke only when she dropped her off before driving away. 
"So eun ah, you got to stop hurting yourself. Don't keep anymore hope. If he liked you, he would have responded to you." so eun can understand the words bo ah has told her. 

It was once again a night filled with tears for her. But that was the day she understood a little may be she should not cry for him anymore. At the least she should try herself not to cry. 

One such day in late December 2015,and so eun decided that she would take up a new hobby so that she could have less distracting thoughts. She enrolled herself in a dance class, yeah it was late, all the people in her class are young just out of high school kids who aspire to become artists while she is a school teacher. That itself was refreshing to her, she made a few friends with the high school kids, hyun jin and changbin . She had to say they are pretty talented and she is a clumsy dancer. Dance was like a dream to her a dream she wishes to full fill but she knows she is not good at it just like she couldn't manage to get a reply from woo bin . This she can achieve, So she decided to try harder. She chose to learn the contemporary style before it seemed easier for her and it could be moulded into different forms. After a year of training she was able to tell, she became good and was now proud of her achievement. She now goes to practice and learn new techniques with enthusiasm. Then came the life changing moment for her. The dance instructor wanted all her 6 students under her to participate in a musical competition and it would be very much helpful for the boys who aspire to become artists. So eun agreed too, she wanted to test herself  and she could help those kids too, there will be entertainment companies who can scout them. They entered the competition as a group and after a month of practice all night, juggling between school and dance classes so eun made extra effort to practice and spent most of the time at the studio. The first performance was unbelievable, she never expected she could be confident on stage but she had surprised herself and all of them did a great job by winning the competition . Her two new dongesans hyun jin and Chang bin showed very good performances and got scouted by an entertainment company. She was very happy for them but they had to leave the dance institute and she kind of missed them. They kept in contact though to their noona. A few  weeks passed, in the second week of the new year 2017,when she got a call from her instructor. 
"so eun sshi, the theatre people have contacted me, they want to cast you in a stage play, will you be interested?" 
"me? Really?" so eun was surprised, why did they want her, and answer to her question came in from her instructor 
"they have seen you perform with the boys last month and they were impressed, I have to say even I'm impressed because you have achieved that in a year, there is one stage play coming with concept around dance, so they contacted me for you." 
"really!!" and this time so eun was delighted, and without a second thought she accepted 
"I will do it, ah I'm so happy seongsangnim" 
"I know you will do well so eun sshi. I will arrange a meeting with them so you could talk about the details." 
So eun thanked her instructor once again happily before they cut the call. Two days later she has met the concerned people. They have explained her the plot and not only just that, she would be performing that play with one of the leading artists, kang ha neul, he was a movie star and she knows he did theatre too. But her first play would be with such high people, she never imagined. 
"we know that you have got talent with dancing so eun sshi, and ha neul sshi needed someone around his age group to do the play, so we thought of you as we observed your performance in that finals." 
So eun smiled and nodded to the producer, before she could reply she was cut off by a voice
" I have seen recoding of that competition so eun sshi, you are very good, I may not be that good with dance so please keep patience with me. "and that voice is kang ha Neul, she is seeing such a start in person for the first time, but he is so down to earth by stating that he is not good with it in the first meeting itself. So she replied 
" animida, even I started learning dance just a year ago " trying to cheer him up 
"just a year ago? Then you have some real talent so eun sshi" the producer commented the words he thought. 
"please teach me well!" ha neul added showing thumbs up for her making her flustered. 
"it's just hard work" so eun said sheepishly and thought inwards and the desire to forget someone that even with such hard work she is struggling to from now and then as the memories never forget to leave her. May be she should have got amnesia so eun thought bitterly. 

Almost two months of rigorous practise since the event is going to be big, there were few more veteran people who are in part of the play and so eun felt inspired seeing them, and the day of the play had finally come. All the team had performed together for two and a half hours straight earning a big applause from audience at its end and a few standing ovations. Everyone had thanked one another at the back stage for their hard work and went into their respective green rooms to change. 
So eun changed into comfortable clothes and stared to remove her make up, few minutes later she heard a knock on the door, thinking it will be her dongesans Chang bin and hyun min, she said "come in" since she had met with the instructor before play and her parents or bo ah could not make it that day. But as the creek sound of the door opening happened, she heard something that made her mind go blank 
"so eun ah" the tall figure dressed in a black and grey suit looking at her from the door way holding an expression she quite could not understand. After moments of silence, so eun found her voice again 
"what are you doing here?" she asked sternly. 

____________________________________________

A/N note : well I have a soft spot for kang ha Neul and also for Chang bin and hyun min(stray kids) so they play the cameo. ^^
I wish I could see kim woo bin come back recovered, and also so eun to do a drama. It would be great if they both can do something together. 
Also, one more chapter, I want to keep it short so I reduced details for dance classes and play but I can't keep more short since it may miss the feeling, so I'll try to finish it by next chapter. 
I hope all my readers like it.