Fools

Fools

Lei immediately pulled away from him. This wasn’t right. She got up from the sofa and took her purse. Hyunggu stayed there just staring, wishing he hadn’t done anything.

I can’t do this Kino. I’ll talk to you later.

And with that said she left the apartment to go back to her place. She decided to walk so that she could shake off all the thoughts that filled her head. The way home wasn’t that long, but somehow today it felt endless. Scenes from the fight with Wooseok kept coming to her, the kiss with Hyunggu and then she started thinking back to all the times that she spent with her best friend not knowing he had a crush on her.

Hyuggu stayed still after the door closed. He fell back on the couch covering his face with his hands. He had ruined averything, most likely his friendship with Wooseok had ended as well. He wondered if she was going to say anything. He took his phone and opened the messaging app. Started typing some kind of apology but stopped midway. Maybe it was better to pretend this didn’t happen at all.

As soon as Lei entered her home, her phone started buzzing like crazy. Thinking it would be Kino calling to apologize, she took it out of her purse. She was about to decline the call when she saw the caller id.

Babe — said the voice on the phone — Where are you? Can we meet?

Wooseokah…  I’m home right now but I don’t feel like going out.

I’ll come to you. Just wait for me please. We really need to talk this through.

I…I need time for myself Wooseok

Then she hung up and went straight to her bedroom. Although she would have loved to see him and make everything good again, she couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss. Laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Lei was trying to sort out how to handle the situation. Should she tell Wooseok what happened? But nothing really had happened, just a confession and a kiss she didn’t respond to. Probably by now her whole friendship of years was over and that was what hurt her the most.

Lei her bed and reached out for her phone. She had many text messages from her boyfriend. In all of them he was asking her to answer so that they could sort things out. Telling her that he was wrong and he should have never doubt her or Hyunggu. If he only knew, she thought. Finally, she decided to answer the texts.

To Wooseokie <3:

I am fine, don’t worry. Let’s just talk about this tomorrow. Love you. X. 

And with that text she got ready for bed, a good night sleep might help clear out all the thoughts in her mind. Hyunggu on the other hand just couldn’t bring himself to sleep. He just replayed what happened earlier in his mind, thinking how he could solve this situation. The night was especially clear that day and the view of the sky made him think of all the things he had wished and that just never came true.

He had imagined his life next to Lei in a quiet house on the hill. A few kids running around and he chasing them, while she was there staring at them with love in her eyes. Quiet nights with romantic dinners between them two but now he realized he was a fool. Only fools like him could fall in love with a girl that loved someone else. Only fools did what he did, kissing her out of the blue and expecting her to comply.

The next morning Lei woke up to the sound of her doorbell ringing. She tried to ignore it and rolled on her bed hoping the sound would stop. Her phone started ringing like crazy and she picked up without looking who it was.

I am outside, please open the door.

She immediately woke up hearing him.

What? But I am a mess right now she got up and went to her closet to change into something presentable.

A few minutes later she was there opening the door to a Wooseok holding a bouquet of flowers.