MCCG: 02 | Arrange Marriage

My Cold City Girl

Student's are gossiping as the Jung Siblings walk in the room, Haein is shy so he keeps his head down while Eun Ji kept ignoring the gossipers.

"Who's that girl?" 

"I don't like her" 

"Me too"

Eun Ji rolled her eyes as she took a book from her bag and started reading so that she won't be hearing the stupid gossips of her classmates.

"Eun Ji-ah, I don't like here" Haein whispered to Eun Ji while looking at his classmates.

"Oppa, you'll get used to it" she answered without looking at him.

"I hope so" he pouted and turn his gaze to the blackboard waiting for their homeroom teacher.

After waiting for almost 30 minutes their homeroom teacher arrived with a student beside him. They were laughing as they go inside the classroom.

"Mr. Kim, go to your sit now," their teacher said to the student while laughing.

"Yes, Heechul-nim" he bowed and go to his seat while laughing.

Eun Ji closed her book and put it back in her bag, then she saw someone, Kim Sunggyu, he was sitting beside her. He's smiling at her and waving his right hand, Eun Ji ignored her and turn her gaze to their teacher.

"Class, I bet you already saw your new classmates, but let them introduce themselves so you can get to know each other" the teacher said and he calls Haein and Eun Ji in front to introduce themselves.

"I'm Jung Haein,  I hope we can get along" Haein wave his hand and smiled. Their classmates started fangirling Haein because of his cute face.  

"Jung Eun Ji," said Eun Ji who is not even looking at her classmates. 

After their introduction, they go back to their seats and their teacher started discussing things. Eun Ji is listening without an expression. Haein is talking to his seatmate until the bell rang.

"Eun Ji-ah, he's my friend" Eun Ji was amazed that her brother already has a friend on their first day of school. She looked at the man beside her brother and bowed.

"I'm Jung Eun Ji, Haein's Twin Sister," she said with a cold look and the man smiled and bowed back.

"I'm Jang Dongwoo" she nodded and looked away.

Sunggyu approached them and he slapped Dongwoo's shoulder lightly, "Yah, introduce me" he whispered in Dongwoo's ear and he nodded.

"Haein-ah, he's Sunggyu Hyung" he introduced Sunggyu and both handshake. 

"Hello, Hyung," Haein said while bowing to Sunggyu.

"Don't you remember me?"  Sunggyu asked and he shook his head.

"Oh, how about you Eun Ji do you remember me?" Eun Ji looked at Sunggyu with cold eyes.

"Are you someone I need to remember?" she said coldly while grabbing his brother's arms and they exited the room.

"Okay?~, Dongwoo-ah let's go"

The teacher has an important meeting that day that's why they let the students go home early and little did Eun Ji that something is going to surprise her when she got home.

"What are you doing here?" Eun Ji asked as she put down her bag and glare at her parents.

"Eun Ji-ah we have something to say" she raised her eyebrows and waited for her mother.

"You are getting married next week" her eyes widen and thrown her bag towards her parents, luckily they avoided it in time.

"Are you kidding me?! I'm ing 19 years old!! 19 years old!" she exploded and her parents tried to calm her down but she's so strong.

"And I'm only 20 years old" they all turned to the man leaning on the wall watching Eun Ji.

Eun Ji sworn in her thoughts when she saw the man, it was none other than, Kim Sunggyu. 'How can I marry him?!' she said in her thoughts while sitting on the couch looking so lost.

"You will marry him" 

"But-- he's gay!" Sunggyu choked and spat out the water that he was drinking.

He looked at Eun Ji while coughing and widening his eyes out of shock that she told them he was gay. Her parents and also her brother who is shocked at what she said. 

"Gay?" her parents and her brother looked at Kim Sunggyu.

"Can you explain Eun J-sshi?" They turn their gaze to Eun Ji and furrowed their brows while waiting for her to answer.

"You bought condoms in a pharmacy, and I saw some guy kissing you and holding your waist" after she finished her sentence Sunggyu burst out laughing.

"Why?" Eun Ji asked.

"That kiss and holding in the waist thing is just a friendly action we do in our squad" he answered when he stopped laughing.

"And the ?" they all turn to him.

"That is not for me, it is for my brother, he's kind of naughty" he grinned while holding the water glass with two hands.

The Family Jung looked dazed until Mr. Jung spoke up, "So, he's not gay, this wedding will continue" he sat beside Sunggyu and pat the younger one's shoulder.

"What?! Hell No! I'm not getting married to him! Never!" she threw her bag again and this time it hit Sunggyu.

"Eun Ji! Whether you like it or not you are getting married" 

"No!" 

Mr. Jung, Haein, and Sunggyu were watching quietly as Eun Ji and Mrs. Jung fight. Sunggyu is holding the part of his head where the bag hit him. Haein and Mr. Jung are sitting beside Sunggyu.

"I'll kick you out of this family Jung Eun Ji!" they all stooped and turned all their gazes to Mrs. Jung who is glaring at Eun Ji.

"Fine, I don't even like in this family. I'll start packing" Eun Ji smirked and walked past her mother who is dumbfounded by her daughter's words.

"I will stop Haein's medication" Eun Ji stopped walking, and looked at her mother. Mr. Jung and Haein are equally shocked.

Sunggyu was confused, he didn't know about Haein's illness. Haein has Liver Cirrhosis, and he has abdominal pains sometimes that's why he needs medication. He can die if he didn't take medications.

"You're that desperate to make me marry that guy?" she laughed bitterly.

"Fine, I'm going to marry him. Just don't stop Haein's medication" she walked out and go into her room, Haein followed her.

"I'm ok, don't marry him" Haein hugged her sister and pat her head lightly.

Eun Ji hugged back and cried in her brother's shoulder, "No" she shook her head.

"You don't love him" she kept on crying.

He's right, Eun Ji doesn't love Sunggyu. She did that because of her brother, she doesn't want her only brother to die. 

"But you will die if I don't marry him" Haein started crying too.

He felt bad for he sister, he cursed at himself for having such an illness. If only he was a girl he will go to marry Sunggyu for Eun Ji.

"Shh. We will find a way ok" he stopped crying and he kept on comforting Eun Ji.

Meanwhile, Sunggyu said goodbye to Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung after the confrontation. He was thinking about Eun Ji. 'She's fine, she's pretty, she's kind, I guess.' he said to himself.

Sunggyu was forced into this arranged marriage too but why does he look like he doesn't care?

He has reasons.