MCCG: 01 | First Impression

My Cold City Girl

 

"Mom! Why are we going back there?!" Haein said while stomping his feet on the floor like a little kid.

The main reason why Haein is acting like this is that his parents want his sister and him to go back to Korea and finish their studies there. Its really not a big deal but for Haein and his sister it is, they don't want to leave their friends in the US and go back to Korea to start a new life. 

"Stop whining already Oppa, it's not like you can win against them," Eun Ji said while crossing her arms and looking at her parents.

Eun Ji doesn't like their parents-- no scratch that she hates her parents. Her parents love Eun Ji but why does she hate them? Her parents love her so much that they were overprotected by her and didn't give her freedom. 

"Your flight is tomorrow, pack your things" Eun Ji rolled her eyes while Haein kept stomping his feet.

Eun Ji goes upstairs to pack her things when she opened the door a room with black wall welcomed her. Eun Ji really likes the color black, all of her things are black.

"Aish! They never think about our feelings!" Eun Ji mumbled while stuffing her luggage with clothes. Her mumbling continued as she packs her things until her brother entered her room while pouting.

"Eun Ji-ah" he lays in Eun Ji's bed with spread arms, "What do you want?" Eun Ji rolled her eyes while closing the last luggage.

"I don't want to go to Korea" Eun Ji approached her brother and lays beside him with spread arms too.

"It's not like I want too" she looked at his brother who is now in the verge of crying, It's not that he doesn't want to go back in his hometown but his first and last love is in Korea and he doesn't want to see her anymore.

"Come on, It's not like Yejin Unnie will eat you" she glared at him, but her glare turned into a soft one and she ruffles her brother's hair and comforts him.

"It's ok, I'm here" Eun Ji is only soft in front of her brother and her friends, her brother is her best friend. 

"Thanks, li'l sis" she wiped the tears of her brother and smile at him, Haein smiled back.

 

[Somewhere]

 

"Sunggyu-ah, you need to go back to Korea tomorrow" Sunggyu almost spit the water out of his mouth, he looked at his mom widening his two little eyes.

"Myungsoo did something again" Sunggyu sighed out of frustration, Myungsoo is his little brother and he is one of a kind. 

"Oh God, that kid is really something" he chuckled while shaking his head, he looked at his mom and did a thumbs up and he goes to his room to pack his things.

He is taking a vacation in the US for three months, and that three months became two months because of his lovely little brother. Myungsoo can be naughty sometimes, Sunggyu stopped counting how many are Myungsoo's Ex because he got too tired.  

He is guessing that Myungsoo and his girlfriend got caught in the motel doing something, Myungsoo is a teenager so it's illegal. Myungsoo already got caught doing something with his Ex'es for 15 times now, such a naughty boy.

...

Eun Ji and Haein are now sitting in the Airplane, "It's really not a dream huh?" Haein looks so defeated while looking at his sister, Eun Ji nodded without saying anything.

While the two looks so defeated a young man approached them with a smiling face, "Excuse me, the seat beside the window is mine" Eun Ji looked at the man and let him sit beside her.

"You look Korean, are you staying in the US for a vacation?" Sunggyu asked in English in case he's mistaken, Eun Ji looked at the smiling boy with cold eyes, "No" 

"Oh, you're American?" he asked again with smiling eyes, 'He's so dumb' she tought.

"We're Korean and we are US citizens, and if that's all, don't ask again because I'm going to sleep"  Eun Ji puts on her sleeping mask and rest her head in her brother's shoulder. Sunggyu smiled and nodded.

Sunggyu lets himself fall asleep because it's going to be a long day for him.

...

After the 15-hour plane ride, they finally arrived Korea, Eun Ji and Haein wait for their driver to pick them up and after half an hour of waiting outside the Aiport, their drive finally arrived.

"What took you so long?" Eun Ji threw a deadly glare at the driver as she sits at the Passenger's Seat.

"I'm so sorry there's traffic that's why I'm late" the driver bowed multiple times and say sorry over and over again.

"It's fine, Let's go" Haein smiled at the driver.

Eun Ji looked at the view and she could say that a lot of things change, when she last saw Seoul there's not much building, now wherever you look all you can see is buildings and cars.

While they were stuck in the traffic she looks outside the window and saw a familiar face, he was sitting on the bench outside the police station, after a while a police approached him and the both of them goes inside the police station. 

She didn't see what they do inside when the traffic was gone, 'Is he arrested?' she thought.


[Meanwhile]

Sunggyu looked at his brother and his girlfriend sitting in the chair, "I'm so sorry" he apologized on behalf of his brother and his girlfriend.

After the two got released, Sunggyu slapped the both of them at the back of the head, "Yah, If you were doing something make sure next time that you will not get caught, do it in the house, not in the motel" he scolded them.

"Hyung, I'm so sorry" Myungsoo pouted and acted cute in front of Sunggyu so that he will forgive him and it worked.

"And you" he waited for the girl to apologize but the girl ran away, he looked at Myungsoo with a confused look.

"We broke up" Myungsoo grinned and Sunggyu slapped the back of his head again, "Your so naughty Mr. Kim Myungsoo"

"Let's eat Hyung" Myungsoo puts his arm around his brother's neck and drag him to the nearest convenience store.

'This kid is really something' Sunggyu chuckled while shaking his head, it's amazing how Myungsoo still didn't get his former girlfriends pregnant.

"Hyung let's go shopping tomorrow" he nodded and took a bite of his triangular kimbap. He needs to go to the mall so he just agreed, he's guessing that Myungsoo will buy a lot of condoms. 

"Anyway Hyung, aren't you going to find a girlfriend? You're getting old you know" the younger one grinned and Sunggyu shot a deadly glare at him. Sunggyu is 21 this year and he still doesn't have a girlfriend.

"Hyung are you--" Sunggyu covered his younger brother's mouth before he could say something that is not true. Sunggyu is not gay, he just still doesn't sw 'the one', he's sure that he will see 'the one' soon. 

After they eat their family driver came to pick them up. And when they arrived the Kim's Residence the maids and workers greet them as they go inside the mansion. The mansion is so big but the problem is, Only Sunggyu and Myungsoo live there, their Mom is busy in the US and their Dad died in a car accident when they were kids.

"Home Sweet Home" Myungsoo throws himself to the couch and turns on the tv, Sunggyu sits beside him.

"Hyung, I'm Hungry"  he looked at his watch and it's 12:35 already, he heard his stomach grumbled.

"I'll buy food," he said and took the car key.

"Young Master, I'll drive," their driver said, Sunggyu shook his head.

"I'll be fast" he smiled and patted the driver's shoulder.

He started the car and drive to the Mall, Myungsoo wanted Fast Food and he asked Sunggyu to buy him a . Sunggyu can't believe that his little brother is asking him to buy a , well he's used to it already, he's planning on buying Myungsoo a box of for his birthday.

"Let's see where's the ?" he muttered while searching for a , "Oh, there it is" he took 3 condoms and gave it to the counter.

The cashier gave him a confused look, "It's not for me" he said while waving his hand.

After he paid for the the cashier gave him a plastic bag where he put the , "Thank You" he bowed and took the plastic bag.

"To whom do you plan using those condoms?" a familiar face appeared in front of him with cross arms.

"It's not for me Woohyun-ah" he chuckled while ruffling the boy's hair. 

Woohyun is his greasy best friend, they've been best friends since 5th grade. 

"Hyung I miss you" he kissed Sunggyu's cheek.

"Yah! You're so greasy!" he slapped the back of his head.

"Hyung, why do you always slap the back of our heads?" Woohyun pouted while holding the back of his head.

"I don't know" he laughed and the younger one grabbed his hands and dragged him to a Fastfood Restaurant.

[Meanwhile]

'He's buying condoms' Eun Ji thought while watching Sunggyu pay for the condoms.

Eun Ji was buying his brother's medicine when she saw Sunggyu grabbing condoms, she watches him as he exited the Pharmacy and a guy talk to him and kissed him on the cheeks.

'What the?! He's gay?!' Eun Ji's eyes widen when they were laughing and the guy grabbed Sunggyu's hand and dragged her somewhere.

Her jaw dropped and the scene was processing in her brain when she remembered her brother's medicine. "Oh right, the medicine" she grabbed flu medicine and pay for them on the counter.

After she bought the medicine she enters a Fastfood Restaurant and ordered for a chicken, since her brother wants a chicken.

And she saw Sunggyu there again too with the guy holding his waist, 'Oh God, why am I always seeing him?!' she said in her thoughts while looking away.

Sunggyu and Woohyun fall in line to order and Woohyun is still holding Sunggyu's waist. The two men were behind Eun Ji. 

"Hyung, you know I love you right?" Eun Ji heard Woohyun.

"Eii, you're so greasy Mr. Nam" Eun Ji kept thinking that the two were in a relationship.

She doesn't care if the two were in a relationship or not but she feels disgusted when she sees them. There are two things she hates in the world, first her parents, second gays

Her Ex is gay, and she thought that her boyfriend was straight for two years until she saw him kissing a guy. She thought all gays were liars and bad so she hates them.

After she got the chicken she immediately exited the restaurant.

"Ugh, Gays! Why are they dating in the Mall?" she mumbled while driving.

She thought that if there was someone that she should avoid, that is that guy, Kim Sunggyu.

•••