Chapter Six

A Spoonful of Sugar

A/N: I haven't updated in months and this chapter doesn't even hit 1000 words like I usually try to reach, but I felt guilty and squeezed this out. 

I... have been reading novels nowadays and dived too deep, as evidenced by the fics on my AO3 that I'm pumping out for my new obsession Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint.... :')

-

Saturday found Hanbin pacing around his room in a panic, gnawing his fingernails while Junhoe stared at him from where he was sitting on the bed and tossing gummy bears into his mouth. “Dude,” Junhoe said, voice muffled from candy, “just wear whatever you want. I doubt Jiwon would care.”

Hanbin threw his useless best friend a glare. “Just because Donghyuk stopped trying to make you change from sweatpants and jeans with orange socks doesn’t mean he doesn’t care.” Junhoe looked affronted and tossed a red bear at Hanbin, ignoring his shriek as it hit his clean carpet.

“Donghyuk thinks I look amazing in anything.” Junhoe seemed to truly believe his words, as if Donghyuk didn’t look pained every time he came over and saw Junhoe in the rattiest clothes while his designers sat untouched in Junhoe’s closet. Hanbin shook his head and decided to leave his friend to his delusions.

“If you’re just going to sit there and be useless, you can get out before you spill your damn gummies all over my clean floor.” Junhoe scrunched up his nose and sighed, setting his bag down on Hanbin’s nightstand and wiping his hands on his pants. He stood up and rummaged through Hanbin’s closet, making disgusted noises until he stopped and looked contemplatively.

“Why don’t you wear these?” Junhoe pulled out a soft pink sweater and washed jeans with rips around the knees.

“I’m going to be real with you,” Hanbin said, “I completely forgot I had those.” Junhoe rolled his eyes and tossed the clothes straight into Hanbin’s face.

“You’re so annoying,” Junhoe groaned, “I’m going back to my room and ignoring you until you come back.” He walked out, holding his phone and clearly texting Donghyuk, from the smile that lit his face up.

Hanbin wanted to throw his forgotten candy bag at Junhoe’s stupidly broad figure. Why did god give him the physique of an athlete but make his personality so annoying? Hanbin huffed and checked the time on his phone, changing his clothes in a hurry when he saw a text from Jiwon saying he was on his way.

He looked in his mirror, quickly brushing through his hair in an attempt to make it seem artfully tousled. (He ignored the voice in his head, sounding suspiciously like Junhoe, that said he just looked like a plushie coming out of the dryer).

The doorbell rung.

Two things happened at once. Junhoe yelled at Hanbin to get the door and Hanbin let out a small scream of panic. He ran out to their living room and ignored his best friend’s judging face.

“Shut up.” Hanbin said. “You heard nothing.” Junhoe scoffed at him and Hanbin wanted to tell him he had no right to say anything after all the times he caught Junhoe crying over how cute Donghyuk was.

Hanbin straightened out his clothes and took deep breaths. He opened the door with smile. “Hi, Bobby-hyung!” He gave Bobby an appreciative look.

He really was quite fashionable. A tight white button-up with the sleeves rolled up half-way to expose his toned arms and black jeans… Hanbin wanted to screech and only barely managed to keep his face calm.

Bobby grinned at him, bringing him into a firm hug. “Hey, Bin. You look very cute today.” Hanbin blushed and secretly flipped Junhoe off when he heard a snort from behind him.

“Thank you.” He replied back, closing the door as they walked away from his apartment. “So, are we going for the fitting right away?”

Bobby nodded. “Mn. I was thinking fitting first then a late lunch.” He led Hanbin to his car, still as lavish as before, and opened the door.

Hanbin sighed in his mind. Polite, handsome, sweet… he really was Hanbin’s ideal type come to life.

“Hanbin-ah, how’s your day been so far?” Hanbin jolted out of his thoughts and glanced over.

“It’s been fine. Being stuck with Junhoe constantly video calling Donghyuk was… an experience.” Bobby chuckled, looking fond.

“I never expected Donghyuk to fall in love, if I’m being completely honest. He’s a great guy, but he used to be somewhat of a player before.”

Hanbin was shocked. Donghyuk? The same man who Hanbin saw constantly spoiling Junhoe and who was devoted to him?

Bobby could see the disbelief on his face. “Seems unreal, right? Donghyuk’s used to people throwing themselves at him for his money and family name, but I guess Junhoe was different. One day, he came over to my place and was a changed man. Cut off all his other contacts and stayed with your friend. It was a real shock to me.”

Hanbin couldn’t help the hope slowly taking place in his chest. If Donghyuk could fall in love with Junhoe, even as guarded as he apparently was… then maybe Bobby and him…

The rest of the day was a blur to Hanbin. He remembered the fitting, obediently holding his arms out to get measured and Bobby talking so seriously with his personal tailor about matching their outfits, and Bobby sending him a pleased look when Hanbin got dressed up in sample suits.

He clocked back in after their lunch at a hotpot restaurant and Bobby was dropping him off in front of his apartment. “Did you have fun today?” Bobby was asking, looking a bit concerned. “You seemed a little out of it.”

Hanbin flinched slightly. “A-Ah, yeah, I did. You made everything really comfortable.” He tried to assure the older man. “I think I need to fix my sleeping schedule,” Hanbin joked. “I was a little tired.”

Bobby’s furrowed eyebrows eased and he looked happy, reaching out to pat Hanbin’s head. “That’s good. I’ll have the suit sent over and I’ll come pick you up at 4:40, okay?”

Hanbin nodded and leaned into Bobby’s touch. “Mm. Thank you for today, hyung.”

Bobby’s eyes were gentle and indulgent. “See you tomorrow, Hanbin-ah.”