Chapter Two

A Spoonful of Sugar

He couldn’t do this. Thirty minutes before they were supposed to leave for the meeting and Hanbin was freaking out.

He tore through his closet with a vengeance, tossing old clothes out of the way in search of new and clean ones. Another reason why he needed a sugar daddy – he didn’t have any clothes to wear!

Junhoe, promising to help, was searching his own closet since he had better quality clothes, but Hanbin hadn’t seen him since he left the older’s room ten minutes ago. Probably calling Donghyuk, the lovesick fool.

Hanbin sighed, running his hands through his hair and collapsing to the ground in defeat. “What do I do?” He wailed quietly to himself.

Barely after the sentence left his mouth, the door slammed open and he jumped with a surprised yelp. There Junhoe stood, in all his 6’1 glory, holding up a white button down shirt and black skinny jeans.

He tossed the outfit at his friend and said, “Get dressed already! We’re leaving in ten minutes!” Hanbin shot up from the ground, sending Junhoe a relieved smile and quickly pulled the clothes on, smoothing away any wrinkles and darting out to the living room.

Junhoe gave him a quick glance over and hurriedly styled his hair into a messy ‘I just had ’ look that he said made Hanbin look irresistible. Hanbin could only hope he was telling the truth.

“Time to go!” Junhoe chirped, shoving him out the door and leading Hanbin to his car, a sleek and black BMW Donghyuk gave him on their six month anniversary.

Hanbin slid into the passenger seat, running his hands over the leather in admiration as Junhoe started up the car and sped out the parking lot.

“So,” Junhoe said absentmindedly, “Dong and I are going to eat lunch, let you and Bobby talk a little bit, and at the end, Bobby will decide if he wants to become your sugar daddy.”

“Why does he get to be my daddy and not just my parent,” Hanbin protested good-naturedly, trying to joke around to ease his nervousness.

Junhoe, thankfully enough, sensed it and joked right back. “Because between the two of you, you aren’t going to be the one getting called ‘daddy’.”

Hanbin snorted, covering his mouth as he tried to hold in his laugh. He had boyfriends before and they both knew how true that statement was.

“Fair point,” Hanbin grinned, softly smacking Junhoe on the arm.

Junhoe cringed away. “Don’t damage the goods!” He smirked, adding on, “Only Dong is allowed to mark me.”

Hanbin covered his ears. “No more!” He already knew way too much about them, he didn’t need anymore information.

The car slowed down to a stop and Hanbin’s mirth faltered. He swallowed audibly and Junhoe leaned over, gently bumping his forehead against Hanbin’s temple.

“Hey,” he said reassuringly, “don’t worry. I’ll be right by your side.”

Hanbin nodded, letting out a deep breath. “Okay,” he replied, “let’s do this.” Opening the car door, he glanced at the restaurant in awe.

Tall, sleek, and imposing, it definitely wasn’t a place for commoners like them.

But here they were.

Junhoe linked their arms together and dragged him to the entrance. “Kim Donghyuk,” he said to the hostess and her eyes widened.

“Right this way, sirs,” she said and led them up to a private area, closing the door behind her as they walked further in.

Two people sat at the table, sipping wine as they talked with one another and laughed. He saw Donghyuk, slim and small and as beautiful as ever. He also saw Junhoe’s face split into the biggest smile he’d ever seen, genuine and soft, at the sight of his maybe?-boyfriend.

Then his eyes landed on Bobby, or who he thought was Bobby. And damn. What a sight he was. Dressed in a classy and form fitting suit, he made an intimidatingly attractive figure. His muscles couldn’t be hidden underneath all the fabric and his face.

Hanbin couldn’t believe there was a living god in front of him. Junhoe was right, Bobby was definitely his ideal type.

Junhoe felt Hanbin freeze and looked down, snickering at his starstruck expression. “I told you,” he whispered smugly. “Now come on! Time to see my baby!”

They marched forward, the two stopping at the sound of their footsteps and turning towards the approaching duo.

Donghyuk smiled, sweet and happy. “Junhoe!” He crowed out, standing up to crush the taller male into a hug and tucking his head underneath Junhoe’s chin.

Junhoe released Hanbin and hugged back, kissing the top of his head and whispering in Donghyuk’s ear, making him giggle and pull back to hit his arm playfully.

“Alright, Casanova,” Donghyuk teased, “sit down!” He pushed Junhoe towards the table and looked at Hanbin, smile softening when he spotted his nervous grin.

“Hey, Bin,” he said gently, reaching out to wrap his arms around Hanbin’s waist. “It’s good to see you again,” he murmured into his ear. “Don’t worry, Bob will really like you – I can feel it!”

“Thanks, Donghyuk,” Hanbin said back, pulling out of the embrace with a grateful smile. The older man nodded and pulled him to the table, seating him right next to Bobby as he took his place next to Junhoe.

“So,” he started, “Hanbin, this is my best friend, Bobby. Bobby, this is Junhoe’s best friend, Hanbin.”

Hanbin shyly met Bobby’s eyes and gave a small smile and timid wave. “It’s nice to meet you,” he greeted quietly.

Bobby grinned, slightly crooked teeth happily beaming back at the younger. “It’s nice to meet you too, Bin!” He said, reaching over to ruffle Hanbin’s hair.

Hanbin squeaked, blush blooming on his face. Junhoe nudged him with a foot and made a gesture that clearly said, ‘Talk to him!

“U-um,” Hanbin said, trying to start up a conversation. “What do you do for a living?”

“I’m the CEO of iKON Corps,” Bobby replied, thanking a server as they started placing their meal in front of them. “We don’t really specialize in a certain area, we do all of them.”

Hanbin held in a gasp. iKON Corps was a company that started out a few years ago, quickly gaining momentum until they’d sat at the very top of the corporate world. So, to put it simply, Bobby was filthy rich and could probably buy Hanbin’s entire life a thousand times over.

“Wow,” was all he could manage, much to Bobby’s amusement.

He laughed, “Yeah, a lot to take in, huh?”

“Definitely,” Hanbin huffed out, grinning at how friendly and welcoming Bobby was. A lot different from how he thought a major CEO would be.

Then again, Donghyuk was best friends with him, and no one as nice as Donghyuk would make friends with a jerk.

“What about you?” Bobby asked, breaking through Hanbin’s thoughts. “What are you majoring in?”

Hanbin replied enthusiastically, “I’m training to be an industrial-organizational psychologist, and I’m trying to get my Masters.” He really did love his major, he just hated his professors and how much money it took.

Bobby made a sound of interest and Hanbin found himself captivated the more they talked, finding that underneath the CEO was a bright and funny guy with a lot to say and many interests.

They had a lot in common. Love for music, animals, their friends and siblings, the list could go on and on.

Time passed by so quickly, Hanbin didn’t even notice. By the time the sun had set, Hanbin found himself laughing with Bobby, leaning against his broad shoulder as the half glass of wine made him sleepy.

He hummed, listening more to the rumble of Bobby’s voice than his actual words. The soothing sound stopped and he protested, not realizing his eyes fell shut as he softly dozed off.

A rough laugh and a calloused hand carded through his hair, petting and massaging his scalp. He sighed, snuggling closer to the warmth against his body before tucking his face into Bobby’s neck.

He heard Bobby speak softly. “So, he has really low tolerance, huh?”

Junhoe snickered in response, but to Hanbin it was muffled, like hearing it underwater.

“Yup. Anything stronger than a sip of Addington and he’s a lost cause.” Hanbin wanted to protest, but he couldn’t. It was all true, after all. He had extremely low alcohol tolerance and it usually came to bite him in the when his friends invited him out to the bar.

The conversation continued on without him, Hanbin slipping into a content and happy slumber, full and cuddled in a protective embrace.


-


He woke up on his bed, head feeling light, but not dizzy. He turned around, feeling around for his phone when he hit Junhoe’s body next to him, the broader and bigger build familiar to him.

“Wha-” he mumbled, interrupted by Junhoe’s groan of annoyance.

“What time is it?” Junhoe asked, voice cracking with disuse as he smacked his lips. Hanbin yawned, pushing up with his elbow as he leaned over his friend and grabbed his phone.

He glanced at the clock on his nightstand and answered, “One in the afternoon.”

“,” Junhoe said simply. “We missed both our classes.”

Hanbin sighed, too tired to care. “That’s just how it is sometimes,” he replied.

Switching on his phone, he choked at the single text popping out of the screen. Junhoe cracked an eye open.

“What is it?” He grunted out, rubbing his face roughly.

Hanbin felt his ears heat up as he said, “Bobby texted me.”

Junhoe shot up, a grin splitting his face before it turned into a grimace, holding his head in pain. “I shouldn’t have let Dong convince me to get into the vodka,” he mourned out loud. He cleared his throat. “Anyways, what’d Bobby send?”

“He said, ‘It was really nice meeting you. Let’s do this again. Oh, and expect a gift later.’ With a winky face at the end.” Hanbin held in a smile as Junhoe cheered quietly.

“You got yourself a daddy!”

“Don’t say that!” Hanbin sputtered.

Junhoe rolled his eyes, “Fine. You got yourself a sponsor.”

Hanbin opened his mouth to reply before he froze. “Wait,” he started, “if I was asleep and you were drunk, how did we get back home?”

Junhoe grinned slyly. “Dong has a key and Bobby carried you back, bridal style.” He saw Hanbin’s mortification and added gleefully, “He was probably charmed by your whining and asking for him to stay with you for the night.”

I did not do that,” Hanbin denied vehemently, grabbing his pillow and hitting Junhoe with it repeatedly.

“Yes, you did!” He crowed, doing a horrible rendition of Hanbin from last night. “Bobby, stay with me! I don’t want you to go!

Hanbin shrieked, feeling vindictive pleasure when Junhoe winced at the volume, “Shut up!”