Part 1

Monstrous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A cold wind passed by and woken the trees in the street. The thick poisoned vapor from gasoline coloured the sky of Seoul grey. Yellowish and brownish leaves started to fall not just because of the gravity but because of the cold weather. It wasn’t winter yet since the calendar was still in the early of November. Well at least that was written in Bae Daeyoon’s calendar.

The twenty-five years old man was a fan of autumn. According to him, brown fits him well. By looking at his interior and his style, he does look like a man that loves peace, quiet and cold. Cold not just only his liking, it was who he is; a cold man that didn’t care of anything beside him. Himself.

Daeyoon was holding today’s newspaper and his eyes were fixed on the headline. The news was making him piercing his eyes, didn’t bulge at anything around him. His brows were knitted together as his brain started to work by itself – processing the news. The headline was none other than couples of men harassing a little girl. He unconsciously shook his head after finishing his reading.

“Stupid for not having a respect on women,” he muttered as he slam the newspaper to the coffee table in front of him and sighed. His eyes lay on a cup of coffee that turned cold because he was leaving it untouched for fifteen minutes and his delicate fingers ran down to its ear mug before carefully brought it to his lips. His pale lips touched the plain white porcelain mug and the bitterness of it shook his heart a little bit.

While he was enjoying his cup of coffee, again, his eyes wondered the room and stopped on the calendar. He saw a red mark being made at today’s date. After finishing his coffee, he put it on the table, stood up and did a little stretching for his back before casually walked towards his closet near his apartment door. Opening the closet door and pulled his black jacket that fell right on his below knees to complete his beige turtle neck and black skinny jeans. For his feet, he wore black combat boots with dirt on the bottom since he hadn’t cleaned it from yesterday’s event.

The grey sky greeted him once he was out from his apartment building. His eyes were locked to the sidewalk for making sure he was walking to the right path. Every step he took, his heart was racing he didn’t know why. His mind was wondering to somewhere over the unfriendly sky. Something distracted him, and he stopped walking suddenly. His feet glued to the cemented ground but like a hawk, his eyes were scanning through the sea of pedestrians and also the vehicles on the street, searching something that bothered him until his eyes caught his prey – a crimson red coat with red wine coloured boots.

A ‘ding’ was made when Daeyoon walked into a convenience store. His hands were grabbing the shopping cart before he walked around it to get his necessary things. He pushed his cart to the deli section. He is in love with meat – especially red meat – that he would stock his refrigerator with meats only.

The butcher was cutting the meat on the table and saw familiar person stood in front of him. A smile was appeared on his face when he saw his favourite customer.

“Daeyoon-ssi,” he greeted while chopping the beef. “How are you?”

Daeyoon smiled calmly to him. “I’m fine, Chanyeol-ssi,” he said formally.

Chanyeol was a happy virus, unlike Daeyoon. But what can you say, opposite attracts.

“How can I help you then?” Chanyeol laughed, trying to joke around.

The smaller man snickered a bit by his words. “You have known me for years, and still you’re asking it?”

Chanyeol put down his knife and laughed. Daeyoon swore that his laugh was so annoying he wanted to choke it with the meat he was cutting. “You’re no fun, Daeyoon-ssi. I just want to keep the conversation flow, you know?” he said friendly.

Of course the cold man knew. Even though he didn’t know much about the butcher, he could read him like an opened book, unlike him. “If you want to keep the conversation flow, just talk anything,” he kept it short but eventually chuckled.

“See, I made you laugh! I must be awesome,” Chanyeol praised himself as he was bending down to get a two cartoons filled with each seven kilos of meat. “Okay, five kilos of brisket, two kilos of round, one and a half kilos of tongue, two and half kilos of rib, and three kilos of tenderloin,” he said his orders as he gave him the cartoons.

Daeyoon was beyond confused. “How–,”

“I guess you like to shop on date 5, 20, and 30, am I right?” he winked and Daeyoon was glued.

He nodded his head and chuckled lightly. Maybe he did know something about him. “Thank you, Chanyeol-ssi, but I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter