Because I am cold

Keo OneShot Collection

Taekwoon was looking at the tub full of murky dark water as he waits for the director to begin the filming, barefooted, the sole of his feet slowly wrinkling from standing too long on the wet floor. The sun was up outside, but the chilliness in the air remains. Taekwoon shivers, the cold wind softly blowing in through the open window.

 

“Ready?”, the director asks around, making sure everyone was prepared before yelling “Action!”

Taekwoon moves, slowly submerging his right foot into the tub of water. The water was cold, Taekwoon was cold, and he knew he wasn’t going to enjoy putting his other foot into the cold water.

 

Achilleus. Taekwoon is a Demigod. A cold demigod. But Taekwoon doesn’t say that as he stares at the Vixxtv camera, trying to think of something to say about his character.

 

“I act as the demigod, Achilleus.” Taekwoon paused for a bit, looks at the ground and sees the water puddling on the floor before finishing with

“I tried to act Achilleus by immersing my feet into the river Styx to be a god to win over love.”

Taekwoon looks at the staff noona holding the camera, and she puts her thumbs up before they both bow and thank each other.

 

That was good. Taekwoon thought he did well. He’s been getting better at talking to the camera for a while now. The members helped a lot. Even if Hyuk and Hongbin bullies him more now just to get bigger reactions out of him, he knows their hearts are in the right place. Hakyeon is, well, Hakyeon and promotion with Wonshik for LR really helped him step out of his comfort zone. And of course, he can’t forget about his spontaneous and “totally not forced” aegyo lessons from Jaehwan.

 

Taekwoon feels a soft smile forming on his face. He complains a lot when Jaehwan tries to initiate his little lessons, but deep down he knows he enjoys having those small moments with him. They’ve all been busy with their own schedules and they all barely saw each other before they started preparing for this comeback.

 

Kratos. God of war. The final piece of the puzzle that is their Conception trilogy. This time, the story revolves around Jaehwan.

 

Taekwoon remembers seeing Jaehwan waiting to get his hair and makeup ready this morning, still looking half asleep, just before Taekwoon went to film his scene. His blonde hair was still a mess, lips slightly pouting. He didn’t look like the God of sky and ruler of all gods at that moment, just a sleepy but warm Jaehwan in his white turtleneck and suit. The image of the cute and warm Jaehwan reminds Taekwoon of his cold wet feet, but he didn’t feel as cold as he was before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was later in the day, but it was still freezing. They all had to take off their warm jackets to film the scene with the chandelier.


“Iiiii, wanna swiiiiing~”, Hyuk suddenly belts out of nowhere after they finished the scene, Hongbin silently judged the maknae. “From the chandeli-eeeeer, from the chandeli-eeeeEEEER~”, Hyuk’s screeching was joined with Jaehwan’s shrieking, Hongbin is now silently judging the two. Hakyeon gives them both neck chops as Taekwoon shakes his head but with a small smile on his face. Taekwoon makes eye contact with a smiling Jaehwan and he shakes his head again, quietly saying “Too loud.” Hakyeon approached the director for something and Taekwoon tries to find his jacket as the maknae-line plus Jaehwan play together in front of the Vixxtv camera.

 

Jaehwan held the silver cup they used as a prop near his mouth and started pretending to play it like a trumpet. Hyuk begins dancing besides him, shaking his and soon Jaehwan joins along too, cutely swaying his hips side to side. Taekwoon laughs silently, looking at Jaehwan endearingly and Jaehwan saw this, so he kept going, lifting his left leg to make it look funnier. The smile on Taekwoon’s face twitched a little though, when Wonshik begins patting Jaehwan’s . He looks away, muttering “aish, it’s too cold for them to be mucking about this much” as he walks towards Hakyeon, missing the pout that formed on Jaehwan’s face after seeing Taekwoon leave.

 

Hakyeon’s conversation with the director was boring Taekwoon, and his eyes begins to wander back to the rest of the members as they continue to talk in front of the camera. Jaehwan was standing in the middle, in between Wonshik and Hyuk. Taekwoon noticed that Jaehwan was also wearing his jacket now and wondered what made the younger suddenly feel colder. The younger two were also wondering the same thing and began teasing the cute main vocal for it.

 

“Aigoo~ Hyung’s getting older,” Hyuk cooes at Jaehwan, putting his cold hands around the older’s neck. “Ohh, your hands are cold,” Jaehwan moves back a little, laughing along with the maknae, even though Hyuk’s hands felt like ice cubes around his neck. The topic of their conversation then changed to Jaehwan’s hair and Jaehwan jokes about it by saying that he thought his scalp was going to peel off because of the bleaching.

 

“It looks good on you,” Hyuk reassures his hyung, wrapping his hands around Jaehwan’s warm neck again just for fun. Taekwoon agrees with that. Jaehwan does look very good with that light blonde hair, styled more classier than the poof of blonde that he had for Ker, which Taekwoon also liked. But to be honest, he prefers the darker, more natural looking colours for Jaehwan. They make Jaehwan look more warmer and softer, more genuine and like the real goofy Jaehwan. Not Ken, though Taekwoon also likes Ken, but Ken would never ask him if he can sleep on the same bed as him because he’s scared of the thunderstorm. Jaehwan does, and the warm body besides Taekwoon during those cold stormy nights always kept him warm. Taekwoon looks at s again as they all force each other to kiss the camera, not feeling as cold as he was a few minutes ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You say you’re sorry we couldn’t mature together~”

Taekwoon remembers trying so hard to find the right words for this song. He was really grateful that their CEO liked his song, he was so honoured when they told him that The Romance is Over was going to be included in the mini-album.

“My love, I was thankful for that time. My love, I truly loved you~”, Jaehwan’s voice sang softly to his ears as Taekwoon continues to listen, so gentle and earnest. Taekwoon remembers deliberately taking out the percussion for Jaehwan’s part, wanting all who were listening to focus only on Jaehwan’s voice. He remembers that one night he asked Jaehwan to sing the unfinished song for him whilst he played the piano, eyes falling onto Jaehwan’s side profile as he sang. Jaehwan was sitting on the same piano stool as him, back facing the piano, head tilted slightly down as he read the lyrics written by Taekwoon. His eyelashes were so long, Taekwoon noticed, and his sweet and honey-like voice guided by the piano just sounded so perfect in that moment.

 

“You guys are watching Ken and Ravi playing rock-paper-scissors with the added risk of one’s life.”

Taekwoon came back to the present after hearing Hongbin’s deep voice. He finally noticed Jaehwan and Wonshik playing the game, but Jaehwan kept moving forward towards the edge as he keeps losing. They were on the third level of the building, and a fall from up there would cause serious damage.

“Gawi bawi bo!”

Jaehwan takes another step towards the edge.

“Yah, play properly.” Taekwoon says to Jaehwan, he was feeling uneasy. Jaehwan can’t be that bad at the game, right?

But Jaehwan loses again and Taekwoon knew he was doing it on purpose  so he moves towards the edge as well, looking down towards ground floor. It made him want to move closer to Jaehwan, so that he can quickly grab him if the idiot thought it’d be funny to go any closer.

Jaehwan lost again, and he was about to place his left foot on the very edge, Taekwoon’s pulse racing as he watch. But before he can stop the situation from happening, Hongbin and Wonshik were already screaming “No! Don’t do it!” whilst laughing, coaxing Jaehwan to move away from the edge. Taekwoon released a breath he didn’t realised he was holding and laughed along with the rest of the members in relief.

“Yah, that-”, Taekwoon was going to say that that could’ve ended very badly, but the director talking through the speaker and Wonshik wrapping his arm around Jaehwan’s shoulder made him stop short. That made Taekwoon annoyed for some reason. He wasn’t really sure why, but Taekwoon reasoned that it was probably because they didn’t even stop to listen to what he was going to say. Aish. Such disrespectful dongsaeng’s. Taekwoon shivers, feeling cold again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They were all meant to get ready to film the choreography, and the others were stretching, but as Taekwoon practiced his spin for the chorus, he noticed Jaehwan playing around with Hakyeon instead. Taekwoon ignored it and kept practicing, but even though he kept on moving ,his body temperature seemed to continue to decrease.

“Oh, it’s cold”, he kept on muttering, shivering and blowing warm air out as the Vixxtv camera films them. Taekwoon wasn’t the only one cold though, Hakyeon was swinging his arms forwards and backwards in an attempt to stay warm. Jaehwan, the mood maker, began beatboxing along with using fart sounds to make the cold moment more fun but the unresponsive back of the still annoyed Taekwoon made him stop. Jaehwan let out a sniffle, and renewed his efforts by throwing his pretend fart towards their visual’s unimpressed face. Jaehwan soon begins feeling the cold too and stops to put his hand in his pant pockets, sniffing every once and awhile.

___________________________________________________

They were told that filming was going to begin in five minutes, so Taekwoon had to take off his warm jacket yet again. It really was cold. Taekwoon starts swaying forwards and backwards to keep warm, but his muscle was suddenly stiff from the cold and Taekwoon began to fall back. Taekwoon prepared himself for the impact, but instead felt warm arms catching him from behind.

“Woah Hyung, that was close,” Jaehwan whispers as he helps his hyung stand straight again. Taekwoon was a little bit shaken, but a single laughter escaped his lips after he quietly thanked Jaehwan. There he was before, ready to save Jaehwan incase he fell, but really now it was actually him who needed saving. Jaehwan laughed along with his hyung, slightly confused on what they were laughing about, but glad that his hyung wasn’t ignoring him anymore. Jaehwan was about to let go of Taekwoon but then realised just how cold his hyung’s hands were.

“Aigoo, Hyungie’s freezing!” Jaehwan cooes, holding both of Taekwoon’s hands in his.

The sudden adrenaline rush went out of Taekwoon’s system and again became aware of how cold he was. Jaehwan’s hands were warm, and Taekwoon’s hands were warm now too, but the rest of him still shivered. Taekwoon didn’t really think much of it, his mind just knows that he is cold and that Jaehwan was warm, the logic of it made sense so his body just moved without him giving it permission. Taekwoon moved closer to Jaehwan, pushed his hands through the space between the youngers arms and hips, clasped his hands together behind the other’s back, and leaned his chin over Jaehwan’s right shoulder.

 

Jaehwan froze for a moment, not really sure if his hyung is really hugging him, but smiled softly when the older didn’t let go of him. Jaehwan pushed his hands in his pant pockets again, but not really feeling cold anymore. They stayed like that for a while, not talking, Jaehwan humming The Closer as he watches Hakyeon show the dongsaeng line how to do his killer move. Jaehwan let out a chuckle when he realised that their leader was probably doing that for the Vixxtv camera, Taekwoon looks at him and turns his head back to see what was so funny. When he sees nothing particularly amusing, Taekwoon just returns his chin back to Jaehwan’s shoulder, feeling the warmest he ever felt that day.

“So Hyungie, how about I teach you how to properly imitate a country dog now since Hakyeon-hyung will probably take forever from hogging the camera?”, Jaehwan suggested seeing his other Hyung forcing the camera noona to stay focussed on him. Taekwoon just grunted and pulled the other closer, holding him tighter, but he couldn’t stop the edges of his lips from lifting.

 

The camera noona managed to get away from Hakyeon it seemed, as she was now heading towards the two warm looking main vocals. Jaehwan was busy talking to Hakyeon, so the noona moved back, focusing the camera on Taekwoon. Taekwoon felt his cheeks get warmer and gulped nervously as he realised that this moment was probably going to be on Vixxtv. Taekwoon thought the noona was just going to briefly walk past them and focus on someone else, so he tried to ignore the camera and just enjoy his Jaehwan time. But when the camera remained on him, he rationally thought that he should explain why they were in such an intimate position. Jaehwan was still talking to Hakyeon behind him, Taekwoon could feel the vibration as he spoke, felt the warmthness emanating from Jaehwan and smiled softly.

 

“I am doing this”, Taekwoon explains his excuse to the camera, “Because I am cold.”

___________________________________________________

a/n: This was honestly one of my favorite Keo moment ever. I almost died when I first watched it LOL. I really enjoyed writing this, it took a bit longer tho, and I haven't really read over it properly yet, but I get bored easily, so if I don't finish and post it now I'd probably never will. 

Maybe watch Vixxtv2 Ep 56 so you can see certain moments that helped my guide this one shot. Also listen to The Romance is Over. It's great. I know you already know that. But like, that line that Jaehwan sings is so beautiful?? How even?

Oh yh and also, what hair colour do you prefer them in? I like them with their natural hair colors because they just seem so ethereal and out of this world when they're in blonde or other bright colors. The darker hair makes them more human LOL 

Anyways, I hope you like it!