Chapter 1

Who has time for titles?

TAEHYUNG

“” Taehyung said aloud when he woke up with a start. He was breathing heavily as he tried to calm down his nerves. He had had the dream again. When he finally calmed down he looked at his phone and saw he was running late. 

, he thought to himself rushing out of his room while pulling up his pants,” Jimin, I’m leaving” he shouted down the hallway. He then saw his best friend    curled up on the couch with a sleepy look on his face, his pink hair sticking up in odd places ( he most likely woke up just a few minutes earlier than Taehyung ). Taehyung quickly bent down and slapped Jimin on the back of his head.

”Wake up Jimin or you’ll be late for your class,” Taehyung scolded before leaving the apartment and quickly shut the front door behind him but not before he heard Jimin loudly cursing at him from inside. 

He chuckled to himself before making his way across the street to Hobi’s Ok Coffee. He walked inside quietly hoping he wouldn’t get caught being late but as soon as he made it behind the counter he had been struck with a menu.

”Kid, I could see you running from here. Next time you want to be late try sneaking in the back way,” Hoseok said before handing him his apron. Taehyung just nodded sheepishly before tying on his apron. The rest of the morning was slow so Hoseok let him leave early.

Once he got home he had enough time to make a cup of ramen before starting his walk to his next job at the gas station a few blocks away. As he made his way to the station he began to his he noticed  a black kitten in an alley. People were just passing by it, afraid to go near it but Taehyung just walked into the nearest store ( a dollar store) and came back out to feed the kitten. He was relieved once the kitten began to eat because it had looked so skinny and weak.

When Taehyung finished watching the frail kitten eat he realized he was almost late for work so he sprinted the last block to his job making it on time. As the day progressed he thought back to his dream from this morning. He’s first had the dream when he was twelve but now he was twenty three. He quickly brushed off his worries and continued with work.

Once it was over he went back home to change. Once he reached Seokjin’s restaurant he set up his area and began strumming his guitar to warm up when he heard the door open. He looked up to tell the customers that someone would be there with them shortly when he suddenly locked eyes with the shorter one. He gulped. That was the moment he first saw him.