Journey To You

La La Love

For the rest of time, Renjun really zoned out after the incident happen. He doesn’t know why his heart flutter by those small words and gesture. Like, it’s been a habit of Mark to ruffle Renjun’s hair and stuff but today it seems special. His heart can’t really take it today and he didn’t know why? Come on Huang Renjun it’s Mark hyung why are you overreacting! “Hey Renjun! You okay?” One of his classmate asked. “Huh? I’m okay..why?” Jeno starts to laugh. “YAH what happen to your face!? Why are you so red? Are you sick?” Renjun touches his cheeks. “ Sigh… I think I am.” WAIT…So Jeno knows Mark hyung more than I am… “Jeno-ssi, can I ask you something?” Jeno looks up after put all his worth focusing on his artwork. “ Yeah sure, what is it?” Renjun starts to feel a little bit nervous, cause he don’t want Jeno to get the wrong idea, cause he is just curious, that’s all.

 “ It’s about Mark hyung..” Jeno starts to smile devilishly, he knew it’s a wrong idea. “What about him? Do you like him or something?” Renjun was taken aback by Jeno’s direct question. “ NO IT’S NOT THAT!” Renjun starts to laugh nervously. Jeno just gave him the umm..okaywhateverusay face at him. “So what is it you curious about? His ual preferences? He’s bi.” SERIOUSLY LEE JENO WHY ARE U SO DIRECT. Renjun starts to face palm, he know it’s a stupid idea asking someone who didn’t even listen to his question yet. “ Can you please listen to my question first!?” Renjun started to hissing at Jeno. Jeno wanted to laugh so hard cause he never see this side of Renjun, Renjun is the kind of creature who never really get angry at someone. So Jeno is surprised. “Sigh.. Okay what is it?” Jeno starts to curious even more cause Renjun literally looks like he is dying. “Did Mark hyung.. dates someone before?” Jeno in confused and ooh… Huang Renjun I got you. Jeno starts to smile again. “Hmm… I think no. For 18 years I’ve been with him, he never brought that up, not even ONCE. Why?” Renjun looks surprised but he knows a lot of students here have a major crush on his favourite cause who wouldn’t? To Renjun, he’s perfect from head to toe. The only flaws that he found in Mark is his slight temper, but that’s bearable to him. “Renjun? Hey are u there?” Jeno waving his hand. “ Ah I’m okay. Thanks.” Jeno smiles again. “Hey you like him do you?” Renjun wants to fight this time but he think there is no use cause he think Jeno is not stupid. “That’s okay, Renjun. I’LL SUPPORT!” Renjun just stay quiet and didn’t say anything for the rest of the day cause he is still in dilemma. Is he loves Mark? He love him but not as a lover, just a brotherly love. Maybe he likes him? A little? Not too much? He can’t even describe how is he feeling right now cause there is no certain words to describe. Not a good day I guess.

School ends quickly today and all Renjun wanna do is just run away and hide, to be more specific, sleep. He didn’t want to think about it but it keeps lingering in his mind. Renjun keep his head down while walking to the school gates until someone grab his head and pull it under his arm. He can’t help but yelp a little but it gets worse when the owner’s hand is the person he’s been trying to get rid out of his mind. Mark Lee. Mark just walk with his hand around Renjun’s head, unbothered to look at him. “ Hyung ,I can’t breathe…” Mark released him and mouthed ‘sorry.’Renjun adjusting his bag and clear his throats. Mark starts to sigh. “ Is my action makes you awkward, Junnie?” Renjun eyes widen. Is it obvious? Oh my god no… “No hyung, no I’m not…” Renjun starts to laugh awkwardly. “You’re lying, Junnie.” Renjun still trying his best to act normal but he really can’t right now. “I’m sorry hyung but I feel like I’m really tired today.” Mark looks worried cause he know Renjun is a smart boy and maybe due to teacher’s pressure he feels tired. “So do you still wanna go to the café, if no that’s okay.” Renjun feels guilty cause he didn’t want Mark  to feel bad about his act. “ No it’s okay, we can still go. Besides, I have something to say to you.” Mark feels uneasy but still act cool. “Okay then let’s go.” The café is not that far from the school, tooks about 15 minutes to reach there plus another 15 minutes to reach Renjun’s house. After they order some drinks, Mark with his strawberry milkshake while Renjun is apple juice. They just sat there observing the café cause they didn’t even know why they did that. Everything seems awkward after the incident. Renjun thinks he need to start the conversation first but he didn’t know how. Mark on the other hand feels uneasy cause he feels once he moves a muscles everything would be awkward. Renjun takes a deep breathe and began to look at Mark slowly. He caught Mark staring at him while sipping his strawberry milkshake and quickly look away. , I’ve been caught. “ So hyung…. can I ask you something?” Mark nod quickly to avoid any awkward gestures anymore. Renjun look at his hands who started to playing with the paws of his oversized jackets. His cheeks turn into a pink shade . “Hyung do you like me…?” Renjun asked with a small voice but he think it’s enough to let Mark hears it. Mark looks so confused with the sudden question, he didn’t mentally prepared for this. Mark is trying to process the whole question for 5 minutes. Of course I like you, Huang Renjun. NO, I love you Huang Renjun but I can’t say it out loud. I’m no good for you cause u deserve someone better than I am. Renjun starts to sigh. He know he is the only one who feel that way. So he stand up and grab his beg. “ I have to go now ,hyung. Thank u for the drink.” Renjun left the café , trying so hard not to cry, not in public of course. He didn’t care about anything and just run to his home so he can roll on his bed, crying, regretting all the things that happen today.

Mark stills at the café, it’s almost four hour since Renjun’s went home. He is still sitting trying to really figure out is Renjun really mean it when he asked him if he likes him? He’s scared. He’s scared if he confess it would be ruined. Everything. And he didn’t want that. But deep down in his heart, he is hurting too. He admit it he can’t take it anymore. But to think of it, it’s Renjun who asked first. And that hits Mark. Junnie likes me too. It’s already 8 pm and he’s wondering if Renjun is still awake.

From : Mark

To: My Little Injun

Hey you’re still awake?

About five minutes later, Renjun replies”

From : My Litte Injun

Yeah…why hyung?

For the first time in his life, he is smiling because of a message.

To: My Little Injun

If it’s okay to you, can we met at the playground? I think I need to talk to you. About us.

Mark feels really nervous cause he know, THIS IS THE ONLY CHANCE ONCE IN A LIFETIME.

From: My Litte Injun

Okay I’ll be there in 10 minutes.

Mark starts to smile really happily and starts to run to the playground . For the first time in his life, he find out what truly happiness is. He found out how it feels to confess that he likes someone. He ran non stop until he reach the playground. A small one, with only two swings and a road light. So he walk to the one of the swing, waiting for his Injun.

After 10 minutes passed, he saw the small petite boy walking towards the playground with his blue oversized hoodies hanging on his head. Eyes looks completely swollen and his face is so pale, probably he just cry for 4 hours straight. Mark feels guilty and he want to hug Renjun really tight but  he has to stay calm. Renjun has a little forceful smile when he walk towards the swing. “Hey.” Mark starts nervously. Renjun just smile and nod to him. “ Are you cold?” Mark asked, avoiding the awkward atmosphere. Renjun sniffing because of his runny nose. “ Yeah, I think I’m sick. So what is it?” Mark takes a deep breath and walk to Renjun, kneeling both of his leg. Renjun on the other hand, shocked by Mark gesture ask him to get up. “Hyung, stand up what are you doing?” Mark took Renjun hands and it softly. “Hyung…you okay?”Renjun started to feel worried cause he scared Mark would cry or something. Mark takes a deep breath and smile “Huang Renjun..” Renjun never thought Mark would call his full name like that. “Yes..?” Renjun replying . Mark took all his courage to look at Renjun on his eyes. His sparkly eyes looks so dreamy and wonderful. Renjun cheeks started to beet red again for today and his ears feels so hot right now. Renjun tries to look away but he can’t cause Mark is barely shoot a laser on his eyes so he really can’t move. “Hyung, stop staring …” Mark takes Renjun’s hands and put it on his chest. “Renjun, can you feel it?” Yes. Mark’s heartbeat is so fast and uncomfortably unstable. Renjun is surprise by those gesture . “ Your heartbeat hyung..” “Yes, Renjun.. this is my heartbeat range every time when I see you…” Renjun still can’t process what Mark is trying to tell. “Hyung, what do you mean by-“ Renjun words get interrupted by Mark soft lips on his, kissing him slowly.

They apart their lips from each other to catch some oxygen and now both of them are beet red. IT’S THEIR FIRST KISS. Mark still needs to tell Renjun what is his real feelings towards Renjun. “Renjun, I love you.” Renjun still out of breath and trying to calm his red cheeks for being incredibly hot. “Will you be my partner, Huang Renjun?” Renjun looks at Mark who softly looks at him.  Renjun smiles and his eyes starts to get watery. “ Of course I do.” And Renjun cries, a happy tears. Mark panics when Renjun started to laugh while crying. “ Hey u okay? Are u hurt?” Mark put his hands on Renjun cheeks. Renjun just crying and started to giggle. “No hyung... I’m happy right now.” Mark smiles really wide after Renjun said that. He takes Renjun’s hand and kiss it. “So we’re official now?” Mark asked. And Renjun starts to giggle again. “Yes we are, hyung.” Mark nods and started to ruffle Renjun’s hair. “You’re so cute, did you know that..?” Renjun shaking his head. “Well now u know.” Mark put his heads on Renjun laps. “Hyung..?” Mark hums. “Can we kiss again?” Mark laughs and started to tickling Renjun down from his swings. They laughed and Renjun takes this advantage to cup Mark’s face and give a small peck. “I love you Mark hyung.” “I love u more Renjunnie.”